Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

crunk dork posted:

stared at this for a good 20 seconds trying to figure out how itl ooked like he was smoking dabs

he's doing the dab dance which is from smoking dabs im pretty sure.. so your close. not to far off the mark so to speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

that mode sucked rear end

The whole game in general is conceptually amazing but since it was Battlefield 2 but sci-fi a lot of poo poo was bad and didn't work good. I want a good game company to steal the Titan gamemode idea though... It could be badass. Maybe if the maps were bigger and there were a lot of really tall structures & you could fly the Titan's manually... Like two battleships sailing around an iceberg.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I had a custom game set up for Halo 3 where it was King of the Hill, gravity was turned up to its lowest value, speed was turned all the way up, and everyone had gravity hammers. poo poo was loving nuts because even if you whiffed and didn't kill a guy, you'd send him flying off the map.

Oh yeah, everyone was invincible in it too, so the goal was to knock the guy out of the ring, not kill em.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 1, 2016

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

In Halo 1 we made a custom game that was 4 player free for all. Each player had five lives but you could only get points for killing your target. No radar but you could see the arrow above your target. Whenever you scored a point it would switch to another enemy. Winner was either first to five or last man standing.

Anyway that poo poo was more fun than any mode I've ever played that a game developer made.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
DK64 had a kind of generic third person shooter multiplayer, but it had an alternate mode where everyone was on one screen, on a small metal platform, and had to knock each other off.

I never played it, but Arkham: Origins had three-way multiplayer-two gangs of dudes with guns playing control points, and then Batman and Robin trying to take down all the crooks.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

chaos theory mp was so good

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I like the multiplayer in Pikmin 2, but almost nobody really played it so it was hard to find a friend with whom you could have good games

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
hispeed assault was extremely my poo poo back in the day. i had all these strats for either blitzing it as offense or booking it to enemy spawn as defense

it feels super good to do the fast top of the cars strat and not even have to fire a shot and win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

I like the multiplayer in Pikmin 2, but almost nobody really played it so it was hard to find a friend with whom you could have good games

My friend would do this periodically but the coop mode was way too much fun instead

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

chaos theory mp was so good

yeah CT was sick. i played some spies vs mercs in Blacklist a while ago and it was cool but i dont think it caught on. controls felt weird on PC too.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I liked the Timesplitters game mode where someone is on fire and they have to light everyone else on fire.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

GorfZaplen posted:

I liked the Timesplitters game mode where someone is on fire and they have to light everyone else on fire.

virus. we would play it with 12 monkey bots, because how loving random is that.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

we would also play timed mines only, because they would stick to players, and we'd all scream when someone got stuck and had three seconds to chase someone else down to get em with the blast. but i digress; this was Couch Multiplayer, and this is the Appreciation Of Unique Modes In Online Games Thread.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gamecube

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

gamecube.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gaycube

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

rude.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
im interested in that "whos your daddy" game.
One player is the baby and tries to kill itself and the other is the daddy trying to prevent that. It's weird because i've never seen a game mode where you're trying to prevent a player whos actively trying to kill himself
its likely the game is gonna suck but id like to see that concept developed

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
in gaming, its always about taking a life, but in this twisted game, you try to save one.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive heard that it falls apart because the baby has a lot options for hurting itself and the dad player has no way to keep up

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it all depends on rng. if you get good pill placements and get to the locks early the baby cant do poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

One player is the baby and tries to kill itself and the other is the daddy trying to prevent that. It's weird because i've never seen a game mode where you're trying to prevent a player whos actively trying to kill himself

huh, like a video game version of In Bruges. soudns cool

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

it all depends on rng. if you get good pill placements and get to the locks early the baby cant do poo poo

lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Snake mode in MGO 2

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

ArfJason posted:

I've seen some you tuber play this and I can confirm it looks fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

asymmetrical multiplayer, in general, is some drat win

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

there is no way to discuss startegy for the game without it being hilarious

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive heard that it falls apart because the baby has a lot options for hurting itself and the dad player has no way to keep up

yeah i saw that sticking a fork on an electrical outlet was the optimal strategy for winning, and drinking bleach/getting in the oven/drowning on the bathtub seemed to take too long.

I love assymetrical design but this needs a lot of deep thought before it can become a really good game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw a video and it look like it had the same problem evolve did where it would be impossible to get right.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
gang wars in max payne 3 was really good, attackers completing objectives would change the map around and give them better spawns, detonating a bomb would give you more cover due to the debris

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

That perfect dark mode where one person is a bad guy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Flannelette posted:

That perfect dark mode where one person is a bad guy

only if you dont let people scum suicide pills

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Project Reality's insurgency mode is cool. You can be a civilian and trick the enemies into killing you, reducing their intel points and making it harder for them to locate their objective.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
red faction guerrilla had a pretty cool mode called seige. it was a basic attack/defend mode but instead of capturing some dumb control point the attacking team had to basically destroy the defending team's base. that game was pretty fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

guerilla ruled

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there was a game mode where everyone started with a thermonuke launcher and it was bonkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All of the Red Faction games have been good, even Armageddon

• Locked thread