Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Previously in the February Chat Thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SduTpbcbgFA

User Nasgate meets his match!

The Taint Reaper ascends to the fourth dimension!

To protect Games Facts are Useless sacrifices his most precious treasure: his friendship with Taint

A small pink creature has some comforting words for a wandering soul.

And now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg

fake edit: I'll also take requests for drawing stuff, at least probably until The Division comes and I'll waste all my day playing an ubisoft game lol

fake edit 2: I spent more than 10 minutes preparing this op so I did not want to throw this op away, if people like stux's thread that's ok

Also

FirstAidKite posted:

please dont compare the funny annual antics of the electronic entertainment expo and the media surrounding it to the racist, sexist, idiotic donald drumpf tia

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 19, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the 8-Bit Scholar, and I support this thread.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I like stux and limacat and I'm lame and can't decide and will post in both until the monthly war for chat thread is settled when someone bothers to PM a mod and ask them to sticky it.

Nasgate vs. Nintendo controller made me laugh.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

bloodychill posted:

I like stux and limacat and I'm lame and can't decide and will post in both until the monthly war for chat thread is settled when someone bothers to PM a mod and ask them to sticky it.

Nasgate vs. Nintendo controller made me laugh.

I too love stux but I wanted to post the oooop. :gonk:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Here's a video game thing I made using ms paint.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Please MSpaint the Steam controller, the Dualshock 4, and the Xbox One controllers holding hands and having a good time together.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
stellar OP

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why does FaU have a hosed up backwards hand?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I'm fond of the ds4 controller but digital foundry claims that it adds 40ms of lag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mju5-o7CwHg
I never play too many retro games so I don't know.

Now that I bought a better bluetooth dongle it works flawlessly but if I connect it on the back of my PC it still has some problems like too much lag or sometimes it disconnects briefly. I thought bluetooth dongles were more reliable since nobody ever complains about them but I guess not too many people have to use one on their PC since most have laptops with built-in ones.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Dr Cheeto posted:

Please MSpaint the Steam controller, the Dualshock 4, and the Xbox One controllers holding hands and having a good time together.

mabels big day posted:

He is mirror universe FaU, so he has a mirror hand.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

program666 posted:

I'm fond of the ds4 controller but digital foundry claims that it adds 40ms of lag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mju5-o7CwHg
I never play too many retro games so I don't know.

Now that I bought a better bluetooth dongle it works flawlessly but if I connect it on the back of my PC it still has some problems like too much lag or sometimes it disconnects briefly. I thought bluetooth dongles were more reliable since nobody ever complains about them but I guess not too many people have to use one on their PC since most have laptops with built-in ones.

Nobody ever complains because most people use them wired. The last time checked, there is no fullproof Bluetooth setup for ds4's that works for everybody. Even if it works perfect for one person, it may cause sever input lag for somebody else

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

program666 posted:

I thought bluetooth dongles were more reliable since nobody ever complains about them but I guess not too many people have to use one on their PC since most have laptops with built-in ones.

Cheap bluetooth dongles are terrible, all of them have bad range though. I use the usb socket on my monitor because it's just not powerful enough to be reliable otherwise

Wonder if the lag is from InputMapper? I use DS4Windows, no idea if that introduces lag

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

You're a forums treasure

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

limaCAT posted:

He is mirror universe FaU, so he has a mirror hand.

Yo this is missing the Wii u. Did the gamepad take the picture?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQeOYi3Be5Y

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The addition of MSpaint drawings makes this thread's case for being the thread very strong.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Edmund Honda posted:

Cheap bluetooth dongles are terrible, all of them have bad range though. I use the usb socket on my monitor because it's just not powerful enough to be reliable otherwise

Wonder if the lag is from InputMapper? I use DS4Windows, no idea if that introduces lag

I haven't seen any tests comparing InputMapper or DS4Windows or anything yet unfortunately. If I had any idea how to set up that kind of test properly I would give it a try, as I've got the controllers, a 144hz monitor, and I guess my phone records at 120hz.

Bluetooth input lag itself can be as low as like ~4ms but it's based on noise interference and distance and things like that. Like if you have 4 DS4's all going at once you've basically added an extra 16ms of input lag just due to the noise.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Broseph Brostar posted:

Nah, he was just around the corner with the WiiMote.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Why do you keep doing this to Conker, Microsoft

I'm pretty sure this is a warcrime of some sort

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I've always been a fan of the childlike wonder video games brings to its players.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Broseph Brostar posted:

Sorry, I was making the request with the PC controller slapfights that occur every so often in mind. I love my Wii U, too.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

I've always been a fan of the childlike wonder video games brings to its players.

Whoa hey dont misrepresent Pokemon nerds. They are almost always the ackward lanky type.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I haven't seen any tests comparing InputMapper or DS4Windows or anything yet unfortunately. If I had any idea how to set up that kind of test properly I would give it a try, as I've got the controllers, a 144hz monitor, and I guess my phone records at 120hz

Did a quick dirty test with the slowmotion mode on my phone and got ~40ms, which is exactly what my monitor is rated for input lag. Got exactly the same from a wired 360 controller.

Someone with a quicker screen/camera could do a better job but I don't think it's that far out

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Edmund Honda posted:

Did a quick dirty test with the slowmotion mode on my phone and got ~40ms, which is exactly what my monitor is rated for input lag. Got exactly the same from a wired 360 controller.

Someone with a quicker screen/camera could do a better job but I don't think it's that far out

Which driver was that and was that DS4 on Bluetooth or Wired?

Also wowza 40ms monitor input lag.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm really not sure I as a human being am capable of detecting input lag outside of maybe plugging a retro console up to a HDTV via RCA, but I can't notice anything with my DS4. According to DS4Windows I'm hitting around 1ms of latency on bluetooth but I somehow doubt that's the entirety of the input lag.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Which driver was that and was that DS4 on Bluetooth or Wired?

Also wowza 40ms monitor input lag.
DS4 on bluetooth and DS4Windows.

It's 15ms on game mode, I just somehow turned that off without realising :shobon:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Sounds good. Maybe it's just InputMapper specifically that's laggy then, it also has ads apparently. :waycool:

It's really nice how many good monitors have super low input lag these days. Mine's sub 4ms input+g2g response but it's a TN, these days they got stuff that good in IPS panels.

Nate RFB posted:

I'm really not sure I as a human being am capable of detecting input lag outside of maybe plugging a retro console up to a HDTV via RCA, but I can't notice anything with my DS4. According to DS4Windows I'm hitting around 1ms of latency on bluetooth but I somehow doubt that's the entirety of the input lag.

Only times I can really tell is fighting games but nothing coming out these days generally gives a poo poo anyway since they all have big input buffers.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
mario finally letting luigi defeat bowser

thats the tru dream of a better tomorrow

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Al-Saqr posted:

Please don't doxx me :saddowns:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

VideoGames posted:

The addition of MSpaint drawings makes this thread's case for being the thread very strong.

Your avatar is facing the wrong way and it's PISSING ME OFF :mad:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the molyneux promo where kids leanred to play soccer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Lmao, I never noticed this.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

Your avatar is facing the wrong way and it's PISSING ME OFF :mad:

I am sorry. You will have to take it up with the lovely goon who bought it for me. It matches one of the other mods though if it makes you feel better.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That's a rather eloquent fart.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

mario finally letting luigi defeat bowser

thats the tru dream of a better tomorrow

gently caress you play Luigi's mansion and mario is missing

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Also, Street Fighter 5 got weird.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/SkinnyAcclaimedCrane.webm

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Looper posted:

gently caress you play Luigi's mansion and mario is missing

those wer eunder duress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Legit play Luigi's Mansion because its an underrated game and a fun spoof of survival horror games.

• Locked thread