Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Why do you keep doing this to Conker, Microsoft

I'm pretty sure this is a warcrime of some sort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Think of all the exposure in the translation community they're going to get!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

This is the website where a dude translated Dangan Ronpa for free and it became so popular the the company that made it translated it for real and put it on Steam with zero compensation for him. Also the site that translated Policenauts for free. We're not really in any position to call out people translating poo poo as a labor of love.

Hmmm counterpoint: You should pay people for the jobs you want them to do. Who cares what site this is

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I have a stack of WiiU games and all of them are great.

Mario Maker
Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Wooly World
Bayonetta 1+2
Smash
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (best game)
Captain Toad
Mario Kart 8

Yes almost all of those are Mario games in some way but they're all good so I don't care. There are games I know are good that I didn't include cause I couldn't get into them like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Hyrule Warriors. Put Splatoon in there too because I enjoyed it but never got around to picking it up.

If you seriously don't like most of the games well then I don't know what to tell you other than I think you're nuts

Also Tropical Freeze is better than literally very single game that has ever come out on the PS2, PS3 or PS4 :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I got Taint Reaped. How could I let this happen

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

What game has the best main-theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwU_WueGQQM

:dance: :toot: :dance: :toot: :dance:

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mwWkwQjWVY

Unironically 2nd place :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Snak posted:

I'm really annoyed that Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive. Unless it sucks, in which case I'm just made they have ported the first one to ps4.

Bayonetta 2 is great and wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for Nintendo so you should be on your knees kissing Nintendo's feet

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nintendo does what Segain't

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Don't get Stux'd

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

FanaticalMilk posted:

Is this something that even matters to most people?

Plot doesn't matter in platformers

this isn't an opinion this is a fact btw

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Klonoa had a pretty cute story

Platformers can have cute stories sure but you can still skip over them and the gameplay won't be hurt at all so they can also have bad stories and not matter

edit: Klonoa was a set of games that I missed out on but I always thought the mascot was cute

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Anyone wanna come over and help me through Champion's Road in Super Mario 3D world? :(

That stage took me like 8 hours to beat but man it felt so good to finally beat it. Nothing about it really felt unfair, you just had to keep pressing on and learning the stage. It helps that they don't add in the bullshit of having to do tricky platforming to collect the stars and stamps and instead just put them in easy to grab spots so you have one less thing to stress out over

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Has there been any update on the kickstarted one? It seems like it kind of fell off the face of the earth and I was really excited for it because I though they did an amazing job with Ducktales Remastered. And it looked like the kickstarted one was going to be similar to that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I wish watching feminist frequency videos about video games didn't require me to delete the videos from my youtube history so I don't get bombarded with the worst recommendations in the universe.

The recommended video thing youtube does is so irritating. As long as I watch stuff in my actual subscriptions it stays on point but if I happen to watch a single video of something I don't normally watch for whatever reason, suddenly I'm BOMBARDED by recommendations of that thing and it's like christ, at least wait to do that until you see me watching several of that thing.

Like I watched ONE react video because for whatever reason it stood out to me. I don't even remember what it was. But it caused my entire video section suddenly be like "HEY CHECK OUT THESE OTHER REACT VIDEOS" and i was like what no stop

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sweet screenshot of Factorio

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I bet retro could make a survival horror game

Sorry friends, they're too busy making me another DKCR game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Ah, the spooky donkey kong country returns horror game, featuring the ghosts of the bees you genocided in dkc1 and 2 and the ghost of wrinkly kong or whatever her name was

DKCR rocket barrel level where you're being chased by the angry ghost of Wrinkly Kong

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

More like Kotaku Missing In Action am I right guys :buddy:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wow that girl does a really good Frisk impression! :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I remember in the lead-up to the game, @Irrationalgames tweeted something like:

"If you had to pick a side in Columbia, would you choose the Founders or Vox Populi?"

And deleted it like 10 hours later after everyone collectively went "Are you loving crazy?"

My personal reply was:

I wouldn't feel any way weird about ordering the nazi ice cream because chocolate is objectively better than whatever that horseshit on the left is

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why would i want fruit when i have the option for chocolate

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

but BUT

what if the fruit is covered in chocolate

Well now tell me more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweiQukBM_k

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:yeah:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

I'm totally baffled over all the praise the Uncharted series gets. The combat is repetitive, doesn't feel good at all, and its just wave after wave of bullet sponge enemies. The platforming is nice but there's barely any of it because 85% of the time you'll be fighting said waves of enemies. The writing is vapid as hell and Sully is like the only interesting character. (I can't believe Amy Henning wrote it, Legacy of the Kain was the poo poo) They also have some of the worst final boss fights I've ever seen in a major release game.

The only good Uncharted game is Captain Toad

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nintendo is doomed

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

bloodychill I keep trying to play ALBW like you keep telling me to but I mucked up my neck sleeping and holding it looking at the DS puts it in a painful position, this makes me sad :(

No pain no game as they say

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

PBS Newshour posted:

How does this thread feel about Elevator Action?

It has its ups and downs

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Avocados posted:

What are some decent video game news sites? I've been using Apple News for everything which has worked out well. I just have nothing in the way of video games since the only thing I've used for the past 5 years is something awful. It looks like gamespot and ign and kotaku are poopy as always.

Play 4 Real

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think Hayter is allowed to be salty that he wasn't asked to be Snake again. I know some people in TVIV would get upset that I would say something like this, but Snake is his signature character. It'd be like if Nintendo suddenly didn't use Charles Martinet as Mario anymore.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

one family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Guys. March is almost over.

What was the Game of the Month?