Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007

Stream/download: https://lemondemon.bandcamp.com/album/spirit-phone

Many members of this site will remember Neil Cicierega, a goon from the early days of SomethingAwful who went on to become an all encompassing Internet artist, from Animutation flash animation, to Potter Puppet Pals, to the popular mashup albums from 2014, Mouth Sounds and Mouth Silence.

Neil's original music project, Lemon Demon hasn't seen a full album release since the year 2008. And although he's released a couple of EPs in the last few years, Spirit Phone is the long awaited new full length Lemon Demon album. This comeback album sounds like a fresh, brand new version of Lemon Demon: confident, high quality studio production and a more mature tone.

This is truly a psychedelic album experience. Every song flows right into the next. As is expected with Neil, there is some funny material, but a lot of this album takes a different approach than his usual music, and it's meant to be dark and haunting. "Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress, that this record in no way endorses a belief in the occult," the album tells you at the end of its Thriller-esque opening track. While you get songs like "Sweet Bod," a dirty funk jam about eating a mummy, and the horror-pop song "Cabinet Man" about an evil arcade game that comes to life, you also get the three-way punch of the anxious bad parenting anthem "As Your Father I Expressly Forbid It" followed by the politically charged songs "I Earn My Life," and 80s throwback "Reaganomics." The song "Ancient Aliens" is pure paranoia wrapped up in a 4 minute piece of music, while the closing track "Spiral of Ants" has a beautiful melody that will haunt your brain so much you won't even realize the song was going on for 6 minutes. Lemon Demon is back, and better than ever.

Track list:
1. Lifetime Achievement Award (6:07)
2. Touch-Tone Telephone (4:42)
3. Cabinet Man (4:22)
4. No Eyed Girl (4:20)
5. When He Died (4:33)
6. Sweet Bod (4:10)
7. Eighth Wonder (4:42)
8. Ancient Aliens (4:16)
9. Soft Fuzzy Man (2:54)
10. As Your Father I Expressly Forbid It (2:53)
11. I Earn My Life (3:10)
12. Reaganomics (3:31)
13. Man-Made Object (3:37)
14. Spiral of Ants (6:00)

The album download includes 13 bonus tracks of cut songs like "Angry People," "Crisis Actors" and "Redesign Your Logo."

https://lemondemon.bandcamp.com/album/spirit-phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

This internet wacky voice man singing over videogame sounds sure is "dark and haunting"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Kick rocks Neil

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
It's not video game music-y so much as it is soundscape-y.
https://lemondemon.bandcamp.com/track/spiral-of-ants

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I feel like this album would be a ton better if he got someone else to sing? Dude knows how to put together a song, but man, his voice is horribly distracting. I think an album about weird cryptozoology stuff could be fun though.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
God bless Neil Cicierega.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
The music is really bad and that guy must be like 35 by now

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

His helldump thread for being a massive fag with a hot sister was the best thing he ever did imho

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Profondo Rosso posted:

His helldump thread for being a massive fag with a hot sister was the best thing he ever did imho

sounds like it was much better than this!
edit: I didn't click on the link, and never will

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Profondo Rosso posted:

Agreedo

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

for the lazy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2989669&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I'm a piece of poo poo and I like the goofy stuff Neil puts out.
I probably won't listen to this regularly but there's some neat stuff in there. Eighth Wonder was a cool track that apparently came out in 2009, pleased at its inclusion.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

This is fun, well-crafted pop music from a talented, funny person. I don't know why you would embarrass yourself by raving about its "terrifying" qualities though.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah his hell dump was a thing of legend

That poo poo was fuuuuucked

• Locked thread