Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the most delegates on Super Tuesday?
Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump
Bernie Sanders
Jim Gilmore
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Clinton is viable (22%) in VT in this entrance poll: http://www.cbsnews.com/elections/2016/primaries/democrat/vermont/exit/

Clinton 55 Sanders 41 early voting poll in OK: http://www.cbsnews.com/elections/2016/primaries/democrat/oklahoma/exit/

Mitt Romney has issued a correction as of 15:11 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

GrimGypsy posted:

Hi. I am low on alcohol and cash, but obviously I'm not making it through the next 20 hours sober.
Recommendations for the perfect cheap super tuesday drinks?

Steel Reserve 211 tall boys are $1.39 around here. They'll get ya real drunk real quick.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Are we really posting 9am entrance polls

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
A Nashville polling place is under lockdown after several people were shot at nearby apartments :(

https://twitter.com/wkrn/status/704665232006881281

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Super Tuesday Voting Line Update: Millennials can't tell time, have to look at their phones to know what time it is.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

Hi. I am low on alcohol and cash, but obviously I'm not making it through the next 20 hours sober.
Recommendations for the perfect cheap super tuesday drinks?

Back when I used to have no money and also was trying to drink myself to death I preferred Clan MacGregors scotch. It was like $12 for a handle and good enough to drink straight

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Line Update: "I didn't realize Jeb Bush was running"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:siren: BERNIE REFUSES TO STATE HOW HE VOTED ON THE BIKE LANE :siren:

quote:

The former Burlington mayor paused for a polling-place photo with a man who asked how he’d voted on the controversial road question.

“Private,” Sanders said. “But I will tell you, after a lot of thought, I voted for me for president.”

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

How can we trust this man with the country.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Line update #3: "Blackboards are white now, and the White House is... well shoot!"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

rear end cobra posted:

Good morning from the great state of Texas, the only state that won't vote for stubby fingered orange man today. I'll do my part by sitting at home eating whataburger since I'm a foreign untermensch. God bless!

Recent polls have shown stubby fingered orange man and goblin faced slime ball only a point or 2 apart so I wouldn't make that claim just yet. If I had to make that choice today I know who I'd pick. The more entertaining of 2 evils

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Not posting the best part

that article I promise posted:

Mr. Sanders then peeled out of the parking lot of the polling location, sending 2 bikers over the hood of his car as he honked. By the time he and his wife reached the street, Slayer could already be heard being played at extremely high volume

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

Line update #3: "Blackboards are white now, and the White House is... well shoot!"

Please ask this person about their position on Jobs, Hope, and Cash.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

+2 for bernie in MA. Wife commented about how surprised she was that our upper-middle class heavily white suburban polling place "didn't have any lines" at 8:45 AM.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CheesyDog posted:

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Please ask this person about their position on Jobs, Hope, and Cash.

Update: This person voted for Obama twice.

edit: Voting for Trump today.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Hillary will likely under-perform the latest pre-ST polling data, and it would be a miracle if she hits that viability point in Vermont. Rather than win supporters over from Bernie, Hillary will hit a point where it looks inevitable that she is the nominee and discourages Bernie supporters from coming out to vote in primaries. I would be shocked if we are already at that point where Bernie voters give up and let Hillary win. If Hillary performs to par today, I'd expect that mentality to sink in going forward, but today was supposed to be the day that the Sanderistas brought everything they had.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I'm not gonna vote today because Colorado has requires you to register as a democrat 3 months before their caucus. At least my vote in the general will mean something.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zen death robot posted:

I'm not gonna vote today

Same

Early voting is good

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

:eyepop:

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
edit: n/m

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I can't start doing poll results already at 930am

thank you for the booze advice, goons. I think I'll be going to hunt it down very soon.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

zen death robot posted:

Our primary is on the 15th

I'm going to vote in the Missouri primary

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
THINGS TO WATCH FOR EARLY

We'll probably know by abotu 5:30, 6:00 PM pacific (sorry, best coast) what the shape of the evening's going to be. I'll be referring to my projection which gave my projection above (~270 Trump, 160 Rubio, 150 Cruz).

At 4:00 Pacific, Alabama, Georgia, Vermont, and Virginia close. Per the projection, the expected margins are:
AL: Trump +12
GA: Trump +14
VA: Trump +12
VT: Trump +16

This would represent Trump performing between 0 and 5 points of his RCP average, and is his best-case scenario. In this event, we'd probably see at least two of these states called as polls closed. So-

If the networks call more than 1 of these states for Trump immediately at 4 PM Pacific, we're probably going to see the expected Trump landslide winning most states. If they don't call any, Trump might be having a bad night and not beat out Cruz/Rubio by much!

At 5:00 Pacific, the entire states of Massachusetts, Oklahoma, and Tennessee close. Again, we have the projection:
OK: Trump +7
MA: Trump +22
TN: Trump +19

Again, between 0-5 points below the RCP average (except in Tennessee, where they're oddly not including a statewide poll I found from a good newspaper). If these are right, Massachusetts and Tennessee should be called immediately. If the first four are in line with projections, we'll have gotten enough votes 90 minutes after polls close to know it. So:

If by 8:30 Eastern / 5:30 Pacific, less than six states have been called for Donald Trump, he is underperforming more than ~5 points relative to his RCP averages and he'll probably not get as big a win (+120-130 delegates relative to Rubio/Cruz) as expected; if every state has been called that soon, it's a Trumpocalypse!

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Missouri smells like poo poo, Kansas City is cool though.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
With Colorado's caucuses so damned late, do you think Hillary's sweeping of every non-Vermont state will influence the results? Like people just decide to go ahed and caucus for Hillary because she just locked it in?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

pathetic little tramp posted:

With Colorado's caucuses so damned late, do you think Hillary's sweeping of every non-Vermont state will influence the results? Like people just decide to go ahed and caucus for Hillary because she just locked it in?

Seems like there's quite a bit of Bernie support in Colorado Springs and Boulder, not sure about Denver or the rural areas though.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Possibly, it does seem like Sanders is much more sensitive to morale and motivation since his supporters are young.

CO's jan 4th registration cut off and closed Democratic only will hurt Sanders.

Mitt Romney has issued a correction as of 15:51 on Mar 1, 2016

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://usuncut.com/politics/5-reasons-bernie-sanders-supporters-shouldnt-be-down/

quote:

5 Reasons Bernie Sanders Supporters Should Be Hopeful Going into Super Tuesday

1. Bernie is absolutely crushing Hillary in the money race

2. In South Carolina, Bernie was the far-and-away favorite of voters that swing elections

3. Bernie is polling very well in significant Super Tuesday states

4. 96 percent of primary voters haven’t voted yet

5. The media is severely understating Bernie Sanders’ electability

Let's look at that #2

quote:

Even though Hillary Clinton beat Bernie Sanders by 47 percent in South Carolina, Sanders still won key constituencies by decisive margins — these are the same demographics that typically decide general elections.

quote:

Even though Hillary Clinton beat Bernie Sanders by 47 percent in South Carolina

quote:

Hillary Clinton beat Bernie Sanders by 47

I cannot understand the level of delusion at all.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

He's not crushing Hillary's super pacs in the money race

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA WOOOW WHAHAHAHA WHAT??!!?!?! WHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH OMG LOL WOW!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

GrimGypsy posted:

Or in general.

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out

Salt Fish posted:

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA WOOOW WHAHAHAHA WHAT??!!?!?! WHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH OMG LOL WOW!

dude what the heck haha

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Mukaikubo posted:

(except in Tennessee, where they're oddly not including a statewide poll I found from a good newspaper).

That is odd. I've responded to at least 5 internal/PAC polls in just the last week: Clinton, two from Cruz Pacs (keep the promise 1 AND keep the promise 3), Rubio, and one I didnt catch the name of. Clinton's was the only one with a live pollster.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

/r/s4p is basically a superpac at this point.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Super Tuesday. :getin:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The OK #s are unusual. I'm not sure how accurate they'll be. This doesn't look like Bernie's normal electorate at all. Independents are supporting Hillary and Bernie is only winning 18-29s by 14 (instead of his usual 60 points)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

What a terrible time to be counting calories. Having to watch and read this sober isn't as fun.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I just switched from whiskey to valium.

(After looking at the trump projections)

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

bird cooch posted:

I just switched from whiskey to valium.

(After looking at the trump projections)

If ever there was a reason to try cocaine... come on, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

zen death robot posted:

I take it you drove by 435/Front St in KC?

I spent a couple weeks in KC over by KU medical center for work, the Kansas part of KC sucks but the mo part is cool, especially Westport, I've also been to a couple Chiefs games on other occasions, the rest of Missouri smells bad though, I've driven through it like 10 times, also I went to Lebanon, MO once cuz my buddies from there and holy hell talk about middle of nowhere.

Edit; also I did training with the EMT/Fire in the ghetto of KC and got to see some drug dealer who got shot in the face lol

• Locked thread