Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Grognan posted:

CYOA curse strikes again :3:

No curse, just life, posts will resume in july!

I may be able to get a couple posts in before then but that's not really in my hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Life is the CYOA curse. Life, job or posting, choose two.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

When you sleep, you collapse into bed, exhausted. The days are long, and intense. Even delegating as much as you humanly can, the decisions you need to make are vital and weighty, and require learning more and more about topics you never thought you'd need.

Blissfully, you manage to catch a few hours of sleep. But even there, there's no respite. You sleep the deep sleep of someone who's riding the ragged edge of exhaustion, but she's there. In your dreams.

She speaks to you. She takes the form of June. You remember June. Brilliant engineer. Incredible person, one of the leaders in superstructural engineering, and a terribly close friend, through thick and thin. You two met in college, one freezing winter, and if anything, she stands as proof that true friendship can survive almost any circumstance. She was requested for the HERCULES program on Mars, and was there when the MESSENGER arrived. Which means one thing. June is dead. As dead as the millions on Mars who burned with no recourse. You see her. Standing on the burning surface of Mars, reaching her hands to the heavens as the flesh boils off her bones, as the skin peels off, her eyes bursting and dripping out of their sockets, MESSENGER hanging in the sky over her head. She speaks, the whole time, in a calm voice. Tranquil, a sharp contrast to her agony. "This is how it ended. I died. You did nothing to stop it. Did you think we wouldn't haunt you? The ghosts of the dead? Just because you don't want to believe in us, did you think we wouldn't be here, waiting in your dreams?"

Her face, no longer a face but a skull, is burnt to a crisp, her boiled off eyes stare straight at you, as if demanding some kind of reply. You've seen death before. But nothing this horrible. The guilt, too weighs on you. You know it's futile, there was nothing you could do, but there it is. There are other, complex feelings there.

You:
A.) Scream, scream, scream. Don't stop screaming.

B.) Apologize. It is your fault. Somehow.

C.) Apologize. You're not to blame, but you're still sorry.

D.) Question June. Why is she doing this to you?

E.) Wake up. Wake up now. Wake up.

F.) Hug June. Comfort her.

G.) Sob. Cry. Pull at your hair.

H.) Get angry. No. This isn't your fault. If loving June had turned down the offer to work on HERCULES she might still be alive!

I.) this

J.) fill in.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
D

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

##vote
5. F

stay safe burning skeltal ghost :ohdear:

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 17, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
##Vote
C

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
##vote
I

Obviously

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

D. I aint afraid of no ghost.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
##vote
I
hug her, cry, scream out I wish I could have saved everyone but I couldn't. No one could have. So I'll try to keep the human race alive and I know that doesn't make up for things but it's the best I can do.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

##Vote
F

:sympathy:

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
##Vote
5. F

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
D

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
##Vote

f

I have a feeling neither this or apologizing would work, but still gotta try.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm sure hugging a screaming ghost that is on fire is the best plan.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

HardDisk posted:

I'm sure hugging a screaming ghost that is on fire is the best plan.

If that screws waking-world us up more than this dream already will, then life is beyond our abilities anyway, so what can it hurt.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sir Unimaginative posted:

If that screws waking-world us up more than this dream already will, then life is beyond our abilities anyway, so what can it hurt.

Exactly :v:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

D with a side of CF

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

##Vote
H
gently caress you ghost, sorry I didn't commit suicide-by-invincible-aliens.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

C
We're sad you're dead, but it's not our fault.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

While i make no promises, Tuesday is looking mighty auspicious for posting.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Horay, I really like this one, was getting worried the curse had eaten it.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

"Why?" you want to scream, as you hug the burning corpse tightly. "Why?" you manage to whisper, rather than the scream that wants to leave your lungs, as you feel the flames engulf you, the charred flesh as you wrap your arms around it, the smell of sulfur and death. She doesn't reply, but you can hear the stirring of an answer in the back of your head. The hint of a half forgotten dream.

You've been here before. In this hall. This temple. It's ornate, that's for sure, huge vaulting columns of stone reach towards an impossibly high ceiling. Your arms are burned, charred, covered in strange obsidian patterns. You look around you, on each column is an image, each different, but the same. A gorgeous woman, naked, holding a human head in one hand, a mighty blade in another.

A strange man, his hair waving behind him as he stares mournfully in the distance. A small muscled man, holding a torch and a knife.

They are all the same...

Riding the wings of instinct, you sprint down the main vault, for you know that the two doors await you. You know you face a choice there. The axis, between... something. Something important. You know that if you stay too long, bad things will happen. Terrible things. Things that cause the bile to rise in your throat.

But then, before you reach the doors, you wake. With a start, you find yourself in your bed, the damnable alarm going off. The dream is gone, and no matter how you reach for it, you can't remember any of it, other than clutching June's corpse tight to your chest. Her voice chastising you. The guilt.

You shake your head, you have things to do.

Full update tomorrow! Featuring explosions.

TheCog fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 5, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Oh yeah, glad you're still going.

Ignore the dream, take some antianxiety meds and get to work on fulfilling our destiny as space dumpster trash cosmic explorers.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
Explode with me!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

The last week feels like its stretched on for months. It's been... stressful, to say the least. You declined to allow the main reactor be ripped out of your ship to power the gate. Instead engineering has conceived of a sort of... docking harness, that will allow you to shunt the ships power to the gate as needed. Its an improvised piece of technology, but the design is sound. It's not like you have much choice. You gave them a week, for a major engineering project. The only reason they were able to get this done in time is because there was technology to re-purpose for this, and because their very lives hinge on this. The head engineer at Callisto, Dr. Ji, has managed miracles. Not small ones either. So when they put him through to you, with the message "Bad news" you're... aprehensive. There are, after all, only 12 hours left to launch. The ships from Agrippa have just finished inspection and refitting, and are about ready to go. The white spores have not slowed down, and are, in fact less than a day away from the furthest radius they've kept from each of the planets they've reached. The current running theory is that they're some kind of scouting probe, based on the array of signals that you've identified flashing between them, but its difficult to tell exactly what they're doing.

"Its ground module B, sir" he reports, his face the ragged portrait of exhaustion. You've never seen a man more in need of a shower, and the ashtray next to him would fit in a bar frequented by chain smokers. "There's no way we can get it up and mobile by the deadline". He says, his voice low, as if exhausted from yelling. "We found a... structural issue. We tried to work around it. I need at least 48 more hours. With 48, I can get it mobile." he seems... uncertain "Or we can scrap the project. If we try to lift it the strain along the sheer lines will cause it to splinter. Getting it to move at all without more time is just... not feesable." he sways dangerously. You're mildly concerned he's going to pass out. Then again, he doesn't look that much worse than most of your crew. "If we abort it now, I can dedicate the people working on it to work on other projects. Or we can try to rush it. Your call sir..."

You:

1.)

A.) Tell him to abandon module B. You'll do this without it

B.) Tell him he has till launch to figure it out.

C.) You're giving him an extension. 48 hours. You'll delay the entire trip for 48 hours in order to bring the module.

D.) C, but 24 hours. If he can do it in that time fine.

E.) A, but you also order him to rack out until its time to leave. His second in command can take over until then. You don't want a man on the ragged edge of exhaustion to be running this project

The other issue that has been eating at you for the past week has been the trials. The idea as conceived was to have three representatives for both the mutineers, the loyalists, the civilians and your ship, to vote in the trial. This is a *temporary* measure. A real government is going to involve also integrating the people from Callisto, and figuring out how you want to run things. But you've decided that that is a problem for when you're on the other side. Thankfully everyone has taken to calling it "the gate", once you made it clear that this was your avenue of escape. Putting aside your worries that this might be a giant space trash compactor, you've instead found that running a trial is... maddening, really. There are good intentions all around of course, but there is so much... bickering. It's quite troublesome. You asked for volunteers to participate in the process, and to your surprise, you had four volunteers: Kate Wissledorf, Petra Conaway, Adia Kipruto and... Gregor Ivanovich, quite out of character for him. You could only select two of course. (If you need a refresher on who is who, read this post). You could only select two, of course, as your presence on the council was simply required. You were, after all, the man who had successful navigated the crisis. Your entire team of advisers had basically insisted that your participation was key to giving the process legitimacy. There's also the fact that technically, under wartime admiralty law, you were the only one qualified to conduct the trial. A huge bother on top of a number of other issues. But one that had to be addressed, with some urgency, as the transit through the gate might see you split up, and the people on trial perhaps condemned or in a position of authority.

Another fact to consider. The voting is conducted electronically. While the system is "fair", you're in charge of an EW ship. You can easily intercept the results, find out what they are ahead of time and potentially rig the system. A gross misconduct of justice, but with Gregors help, no one would ever be the wiser, and you could preserve justice and obtain the result you desire...

2.) Who do you pick? Vote for TWO people
A.) Kate Wissledorf
B.) Petra Conaway
C.) Adia Kipruto
D.)Gregor Ivanovich

3.) Do you want to rig the results?
A.) Yes
B.) No
C.) I want to spy on them, so I know who voted what, but not rig them

4.) Are you going to be telling your subordinates what to vote?
A.) Yes
B.) No
C.) Write In

There are several *minor* cases to be tried, which will be tried by subcommittees, of one representative from one member of each side. Clear cut cases. Arson. Rape. Murder.

There are *three* major cases of urgency. There are several of lesser urgency, such as if Jacob Smith needs to be posthumously stripped of rank, that will be handled post transit. The urgent cases involve the living. Two you're already familiar with. The first is Andrew Higgs. The leader of the so-called mutineers, the man responsible for the death of twelve of your men and who knows how many civilians, due to his fuel air bombs. Also the man responsible for saving countless lives and stopping a power mad officer. Its really a matter of perspective. A man who in desperate straits did what he thought he had to. He is also the defacto leader of the mutineers. For obvious reasons he wasn't allowed on the council, as his situation is still pending. Any action against him will highly alienate his supporters. It is not in the traditions of Fleet to support mutiny, although stipulations are provided for extenuating circumstances. Still, a court of admiralty would likely see him stripped of his rank and dishonorably discharged. Likely. There's a small chance they'd give him a medal and promote him. It helps that he's a civilian contractor, not officially military in any capacity. Its a difficult decision, but you must vote.

(If you decide to rig the results, whatever you vote will win.)

Vote for:
5.)
A.) A full pardon, and to institute him into fleet with a flag officer rank. This is a promotion.
B.) To be brigged for an extended period of time, on the charge of mutiny and murder.
C.) To be executed for his crimes..
D.) To be pardoned, but remain in the position of engineer, and defacto leader of the mutineers.
E.) To be pardoned, but stripped of any representative authority. The fleet will not speak to him as a representative of the mutineers.

----------------------------------------

I'm cutting this update in half, because there's a lot to vote on, and also because it's 3:06 AM. The other half will be up by Monday

We're back to probably 2-3 updates a week! Hopefully!

TheCog fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 6, 2016

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
1. E: With the caveat that he can protest the order if his second is in the same or worse shape.
2. A & B: Kate is our XO and Petra has the kind of cold and analytical nature we want for this.
3. B: We absolutely cannot have any appearance of impropriety this early on.
4. B: Trust our people to make rational decisions.
5. D: It's the most evenhanded approach. An acquittal through affirmative defense. It avoids antagonizing the loyalist faction, while still leaving him in a useful position as a civilian leader and liaison.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

Tran posted:

1. E: With the caveat that he can protest the order if his second is in the same or worse shape.
2. A & B: Kate is our XO and Petra has the kind of cold and analytical nature we want for this.

3. C This strongly depends on whether or not our method of counting votes/spying on them is foolproof. If it's just between one or two staff or involves a log that we can view/delete on our own there's no reason not to spy on them.
5. B We can always space or pardon him later, cutting this rear end in a top hat loose right now adds more variables into an already lovely situation.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Did you black out for a month thecog? You said update tomorrow on July 5th, haha.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Mr. Nemo posted:

Did you black out for a month thecog? You said update tomorrow on July 5th, haha.

It was the perfect storm of writers block, a stuggle to shape the update properly (one draft had some absurd number like 27 things to vote on), and just a bunch of real life stuff. We're back though!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tran posted:

5. E: Pardon him for doing what needed to be done to keep people alive, but remove his authority. I suggest that the civilians hold a vote in order to name their leader.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tran posted:

5. B & E He did kill civilians and military personnel through his orders/actions but considering his situation I don't think I can judge him too harshly. He needs to be punished for his crimes, but I in this case the brig and loss of leadership is enough. Also tell him to appoint a successor or have the civilians to hold a vote.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Update tomorrow!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing voting is closed but

1) C, tell him to bunk out.
2) A
3) B
4) B
5) D

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I'm guessing voting is closed but
Voting probably won't close till later tonight, so you're in!

EDIT: Update delayed due to site being down when I had time

TheCog fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 11, 2016

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

The second case, as important as the first, is that of Natalie Korma. You might remember her as the woman who led a mutiny against Commander Jacob Smith when he refused to comply with your orders (this post). The case follows many of the lines of the previous case, with the added complication that Korma *is* a part of the military and subject to its rules, which are pretty clear, at best she'd be discharged, or dishonorably discharged, at worst, executed. Mutiny is not tolerated, and even with really good reasons, it cannot be rewarded. She is also very much not nominally in charge of anything, she has been removed from the chain of command for the time being, although not further punished. What you do with her will affect morale and how your authority is perceived. If you reward her, you'll be seen as encouraging mutiny, if you punish her, as punishing doing what people think is right. It's a difficult choice.

6. You vote for:
A.) A full pardon, and a promotion to commander of one of the transports.
B.) To be brigged for an extended period of time, on the charge of mutiny and murder.
C.) To be executed for her crimes.
D.) Three months punishment duty, docked pay, and remaining at the same rank.
E.) D, but also demoted from being an officer.
F.) Discharged from the military. She'll join the civilians, in whatever capacity they want her.
G.) F, but she'll join them in a low level capacity you designate. A punishment job, like waste disposal specialist.
H.) Write in

The third case is... something truly heinous. Jason Hillsworth. Brought to Agrippa as part of the experimental "body cloning" project, he is one of the foremost experts on human cloning. The goal of this project was to allow medical facilities to clone the bodies of accident victims, and be able to transfer their consciousness to the new bodies. It did not work well. While growing the bodies was possible, consciousness transfer was not. The project was discontinued, and Dr Hillsworth was sent to Agrippa to oversee the disassembly of the cloning bays on the flagship. Which is why he was there when disaster struck. When Agrippa exploded into conflict, he was... deeply affected. By all accounts he killed a total of seventeen different women in the span of less than three hours. There's a video, from Hab A. Before you watch it, you are warned, it is *graphic*, if you'd rather, there's a transcript. You politely insist that you'd prefer to watch the video.

~~~~~

feed cuts in, time displays 17:34:20
For whatever reason, there is no audio

There are six women in what looks like a standard hab unit, six bunks. In the center of the room is a crate of standard rations. The women range from ages of approximately 15 to 40 something.

The camera appears to be facing the only door in the room.

time display 17:36:19
The youngest of the women asks one of the older women a question. There's some chatter. One of the women gets actively angry. The youngest woman begins to cry. The conversation dies. The younger woman seems to continue to sob.

time displays 17:39:49
The younger woman is still sobbing. There's a general movement in the room. All women seem to look at the door. There's what appears to be hushed conversation between two of the women, but no movement. They do not appear unduly alarmed, although one of the women is seen to retrieve something from under her bed. It looks like a small cylinder, some kind of aerosol.

time displays 17:41:01
The room violently shakes and shudders, the women all visibly recoil. The door visibly dents, and cracks. There's panicked discussion. The girl that was crying earlier begins sobbing again.

time displays 17:41:31
A bright light can be seen cutting against the door. Could be a blow torch. The woman move to the back of the room, with the woman with the aerosol near the front and the youngest in the back.

time displays 17:41:57
The door gives way, to reveal the figure of a man, he stands about 6"1, and is wearing a welding mask. In his hands is a fusion torch, the type used in industrial welding. The camera polarizes slightly, as the figure steps over the threshold.

time displays 17:42:04
The woman with the aerosol is facing away from the camera, but she waves agitatedly at that man with the fusion torch. He takes a step forward, and then another. The woman tries to take a step back, but the man drives the welding torch straight though her chest. The chest visibly explodes. A spray of blood arcs backwards, part of the back-splash hitting the camera, and the women, and absolutely drenching the man with the torch. The aerosol rolls away, off camera.

time displays 17:42:08
The man flips off the blood drenched mask. It is clearly Dr. Hillsworth from your examination of the photos earlier. Oh his face is a serious, almost concerned expression. He says something, which, from reading his lips might be "time to die". He takes a step forward, and lays into the second women. There is another spray of blood as her arm explodes at the shoulder. She topples sideways, likely dead from the shock.

time displays 17:42:11
The women appear to panic, and attempt to push past the man. The first to do so gets hit in the stomach by the torch. The woman behind her visibly gags and falls over, retching. The woman hit by the torch in the stomach collapses backwards, causing the third woman trying to flee to trip. Dr. Hillsworth applies the blowtorch to the back of the third woman's skull. Her neck and the back of her skull are very clearly vaporized. The second woman, who is retching takes a sharp kick to the sternum, before Dr. Hillsworth applies the torch to her face. For an instant, you can see the flesh strip from the bone before the flash reaction causes her head to explode backwards. If you pay attention to the man's expression, he remains impassive and serious throughout.

time displays 17:42:41
The last survivor, the youngest of the women is in the corner, rocking back and forth. Sobbing. Dr Hillsworth, covered in a sheen of gore, takes a step towards her. He speaks, but its difficult to make out what he says. The girl looks up at him, and he drives the torch into her. Again and again. Until her body is less of a body and more of an unidentifiable mass.

time displays 17:43:20
Dr. Hillsworth leaves the room, not taking anything or bothering to clean the gore off himself. As he steps out he looks back at the room once, his expression unchanged.

~~~~~

7. What is your emotional reaction?

You can vote several of these at once.

A. Anger. You're *furious*.

B. Disgust. You want to throw up.

C. Sadness, at the senseless loss of life.

D. Joy. Uh? You're a deeply broken person?

E. Disturbed. You're deeply deeply bothered by this

F. Shaken. To the core, this has affected you.

G. Write in!

Its important to note, that the only reason this case has come to your attention, despite Dr. Hillsworth evident guilt, is because he is the *only* expert on human cloning you have access to. While he might not be able to effect consciousness transfers, he *is* capable of cloning, given the right equipment. Intellectually, he's an incredible resource, that could, one day, seriously impact your ability to maintain viable human populations. From his interrogation, the reason he killed those women, and another 11 people, is because he "didn't think it would matter". His entire interrogation is unenlightening, and vaguely uncooperative. Psychological diagnosis says its stress induced psychosis, or possibly long term sociopathy. The question then, is do his crimes out-weigh his value as a resource?

8. What do you vote to do?

A. Execution. His contributions don't outweigh his crimes. Only death can clean his sins.

B. Imprisonment. He will be kept in solitary confinement except when he is needed as a resource. The Achilles is best suited for this, so this is where you'll put him.

C. As much as you hate to do it, you'll pardon him, but keep him under strict evaluation by a psychiatrist,, and heavily monitored. Put him in a lab, you're going to need him.

D. As C, but much less restriction. You need him as creative and unmedicated as possible.

E. I make him a flag officer and give him his own ship. We need creative minds at the helm. I can expect this to not win unless I'm rigging things.

F. Write in.

There are some major decisions you need to make in regards to *how* you're leaving through the "stargate". Two in particular, the order you're sending ships in and how long you want to take. You can theoretically get everyone through in about 30 minutes, taking one minute intervals between transitions, but you don't know what the other side looks like, if, for example the gate causes matter to appear in the same location, you want to give time to clear the gate. Its also possible transit takes time, or that there's a maximum matter threshold the gate can handle., or that activating it will bring the attention of the MESSENGERs on you. What this means, is that essentially, you're making these decisions arbitrarily. Opinions on your staff are very split. (If you want to hear someone in particular's opinion, just ask in the thread. )

As a reminder, the ships coming with you are:

Your ship, the Achilles, a Light EW Destroyer, stripped of missiles, and currently carrying an additional 100 civilians. The fastest ship you posses, and the way you're powering the gate.

One Behemoth class Freighter, the Orpheus, loaded with supplies for five years, and a lot of material essential to making a colony work. Your main supply ship. It is crewed by 30 people in charge of maintaining it.

Twelve Freighters, of various classes. The majority of them are laden with 200+ civilians.

Three asteroid mining ships. They're roughly the size of freighters, but without much storage.

Two Surveyor Class scouts. About half the size of a freighter, they're mostly sensors. Crews of 10 people.

One Helios Class Gas Gatherer, currently housing several hundred tons of water.

Two Hand of God class troop carriers, currently carrying 200 civilians each.

The orbital station from around the gate, this will be towed by the Helios Gas Gatherer.

One of the modules from the surface of Callisto. This will be towed by the Behemoth.

None of the modules are going to be crewed during transit, as there are concerns about their structural stability.

A quick and dirty census reveals you're carrying around 4500 civilians total. A respectable number... for a small city. This might soon be all that is left of the human race. Their lives are in your hands and how you decide to transit, if this is even a gate, will determine if many of them live.

The final decision of rests with you.

9. Transit Timing
A.) As fast as possible. Get everyone through in thirty minutes.

B.) Relatively fast, but slower. An hour.

C.) Allow ten minute intervals. 5 hours.

D.) Take plenty of time. A full day.

E.) Something else. Write in.

10. Order of transit
Because your ship is powering the gate, it's assumed it will be last to transit, if you disagree, indicate so in this vote.

Because this is a hard vote to write, I'm going to let people write in and then go back and edit in the ideas people come up with.

:siren::siren::siren:Next update is when you go into the "stargate", if you want to do anything not mentioned here, now would be the time to mention it.:siren::siren::siren:

TheCog fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 14, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
FCBC

But if we see that the messengers aren't responding to us leaving slow it down even more.

Have a good mix of ships going through, with first one being the most self sustainable, in case there's time shenanigans and it ends up being a time dilation thing and they have to wait a month or something for each ship to come through.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
6: F,
7: G, emotionally numb. This is so horrible and you've seen so many awful things lately that your mind just sort of shut down all emotional processing.
8: F. Guilty with diminished capacity.
-Remanded to psychiatric care for the remainder of his life.
-Minimally medicated and regular meetings with a psych team. The frequency and types of the medication and meetings will change depending on the judgement of the psych team.
-All activities are closely monitored.
-Interpersonal interactions are limited to a relative handful of screened personnel. More than enough to prevent him from going further off the deep end but not an active social life.
-Allowed to continue working to an extent. Not allowed to personally use or access chemicals, etc.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

FBBB

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

6. BD
7.A
8.A
9.B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

6. F
7. G Numb
8. B
9. C
10. The most self-sustaining ships first followed by those most important to the success of the mission.

• Locked thread