Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Push Miz imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

pressedbunny posted:

or even that they need The Guy and not several Guys.

Wasn't there something floating around about how WWE wants The Brand to be more powerful than any given wrestler, and that's one of the real reasons behind pointlessly killing heat and parity booking and all that poo poo? Something about how they want the show itself to be the main attraction, and for the talent to be more or less disposable, and Cena is this special case because he's a good soldier, but there's a danger with the guys that came from the indies that they can just decide to gently caress off and leave the company hanging, and they want to limit the damage that can do?
I'm not sure how much of that is true, but I could see that as something that makes them want us to want Roman, is he's purestrain WWE. Tyler Black and Jon Moxley and Kevin Steen are this other thing of WWE bringing in talent from elsewhere to pick up developmental slack. When WWE is negotiating Roman's contract, like, where's he gonna threaten to go? Also he is a beautiful bronzed adonis but I just thought I'd bring the rest of this up in case somebody knows more about it than me I guess.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

How does this keep happening

He's just that drat good.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

UpfrontSalmon posted:

Roadblock is an extra PPV basically and that's cool. You guys should just stop watching wrestling. Most likely they are fully aware what they got isn't working and they're trying to fix it. Yes, it's bad that they put themselves in this position and are clueless. Yes, scrambling is pathetic. But would you rather them NOT try?

It will most likely be terrible, yeah. But who knows?
I'm sure a mini-PPV could be welcomed at this point, if it reeeaally seemed like it might change from the dumpster fire of a Wrestlemania main event they have lined up; we're just not conditioned to expect anything except painting the dumpster a different color. Using the blood of a beloved puppy.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I really can't read his initials as anything other than hail hitler

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Jay 2K Winger posted:

With the numbers in there, I read this in Scott Steiner's voice.

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE SAMOA JOE SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. SEE, NORMALLY THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL A WRESTLER, BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK, AND I'M NOT NORMAL, SO IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILES, YOU WOULD HAVE A 25% CHANCE, AT BEST, OF EQUALING ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR SAMOA JOE. AND THEN YOU ADD KURT ANGLE TO THE MIX,

Cubone
May 26, 2011

you know what would work if they hadn't already done it to death during seth's run is if ambrose got that jericho dusty finish where he appears to have won the title due to unforeseen earl hebnering and h reverses the decision. (whatever happened to bullying the referees?) it's slimier than beating him clean and gets that heat without sacrificing dean on the alter of getting roman over.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Bray Wyatt will defeat Brock Lesnar at Road Lane using sorcery and they will be entered into a No Sorcery match at 'Mania. Brock's match with Dean Ambrose will be quietly shuffled away for that match as well as Dean Ambrose defending the WWE title in the main event against the #1 contender, Dean Ambrose again.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

more like kevin dumb

somebody tweet him that

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Peter Bazooka posted:

Make the Wyatt's an anti-authority faction that are still heels and actually let them wins feuds and matches. PSP likes to rip on the guy but people are still totally willing to buy in to Bray, just look at the reaction his face-off with Triple H at the Rumble got.
He and Ambrose both keep their torches lit through sheer force of performance.
They've got that passion and oomph that makes good TV characters. People want to see them chase their thing that they want.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I can't watch that any more without automatically replacing it with the Botchamania version in my head.

Same

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Every individual wrestler in the League of Nations is better than the entire League of Nations. It's a stable paradox of suck.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

can homeowner's insurance cover when your undead wizard son burns down your funeral home killing everybody except him and your other son, a crazy dentist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

• Locked thread