Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Conflicted? You should feel rage.

on balance, i think collins will be better and is bringing in way better players, but it was way more fun to root for a crusty old gimmickman than coach k's whiny henchman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

MrChupon posted:

Isn't it kind of hollow to call this an 'NCAA tournament win'?

Bill Carmody will take what he can get. Now it's time for him to beat Oregon and add to his glorious legacy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The 90s in me is really confused seeing Michigan in a play-in.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
This was boring til now. I like exciting dunks

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Does anyone else have issues with the March Madness app for iPad? When I log on with with my parents cable provider, it claims I don't have the right channels in the subscription and won't let me watch the games, even though we absolutely have the right package and it works on my phone.

Same thing with WatchESPN.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
feel the haith-citement

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It looks like Andrew Dakich is playing in the NCAA Tournament and the Tulsa guards are driving past him at will every possession hmmm

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Im gonna miss the first two days of march mad which are the best

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Does Michigan not want to win or is Tulsa that good at hanging in there?

Edit: Ah I never paid attention to the Big 10s season. Ok.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 17, 2016

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Jiro posted:

Does Michigan not want to win or is Tulsa that good at hanging in there?

Michigan has sucked all year til a random Indiana win.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Most teams suck this year, it's a good time.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress michigan

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress michigan

Counterpoint: gently caress Frank Haith.

I swear to god if you screw this up Michigan.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This game kinda owns now

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Excited for the wet fart about to happen

e: it happened

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Damnit Tulsa you just had to somehow suck less than Michigan and you would have won.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

gently caress off, Tulsa.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Fun ending, ugly game, Michigan had great looks from three most of the game, but they were not falling.

Mo Wagner better be starting next game, because Doyle and Donnal suck.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Good job Michigan on performing the public service of making Tulsa feel like they actually belong.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just remembered that I once went to a game that was Frank Haith vs Steve Alford, they should have just done us all a favor and cancelled basketball at that point.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is there a spread on Holy Cross/Oregon yet?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't see one, kenpom has Oregon by 19.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:siren: Last call for the goon bracket right here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768389

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress an Iona Gael. God bless

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The fact that Michigan could shoot that horrendously and somehow win says a lot about how much Tulsa should not have been in the tournament. The only other teams I remember Michigan beating while being that bad are Minnesota and Rutgers

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm ready. No work for me. Girlfriend already been told the rules and has her iPad with headphones. Nothing but basketball all. drat. Day.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I decided to risk it and actually work today and tomorrow instead of taking vacation days. I work from home and most of the people I work with are guys out in the field, so I'm hopeful they will be watching/listening to the tournament games anyway and things will be really slow so I can just watch games all day anyway and save the two vacation days.

Anyway, one hour to go! If god is good we will start our tournament with a Duke loss.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'm at work, but lots of people take off for St. Patrick's Day, so it's pretty quiet. Plus I have an office to myself, and no one can see my screens, so I can pretty much throw the game on my second monitor and watch. Last year I had to go to a meeting during the second half of ISU's game. Getting constant angry texts from my brother did not help me, but no meetings this year, which means I can fully embrace the Cyclones choking in real time!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I can't wait for Nova to lose in the 2nd round again

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If Duke could just go ahead and lose and make the 1st game awesome that'd be swell.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So I assume we are all in agreement on our founding principle of "gently caress Duke"?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
who's making the day 1 thread

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I'll make one.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

First time at work for the opening days of the tourney in almost literally a decade. Listening on the radio. gently caress Duke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Day 1 thread is here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768771

• Locked thread