Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Benne posted:

Not really, Andy Enfield took his fun transition-based offense to USC and the new guy runs a boring mid-major style (good defense, occasionally they might score if they're lucky)

I specifically sought out one FGCU game to watch this year just to check up (because that's probably my favorite tournament run of all time, I was in coincidentally in Philadelphia at the hotel the team was at for the first two rounds and it was a loving RIOT) and this is and has been a tremendous disappointment.

Ughhhh the writing on this is more embarrassing than the (pretty tepid and safe) choices.

The West division has a serious dearth of real contenders for the title, I guess appropriate that they're all lined up against each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Hmm, well I guess we're back to the NCAA hates South Carolina theory then.

most people do and should (it's a bad place)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Eltoasto posted:

As I watch OSU struggle against loving Akron, after a disappointing but kind of expected season, I wasn't surprised to read this quote from D'Angelo:

It's a weird situation because Matta built this program up another level and actually gave it some expectation. At the same time, he seems to be in total cruise control. 4* recruits come in, but they don't really improve and the team always seems to get less out of it's talent than it should. The last batch of seniors showed up for the NBA draft combine and had embarrassing levels of body fat apparently. Hopefully this new S&C coach can change the culture, because I like Matta and he should be able to go out on his own terms.

That game was really sad, the things you would expect a basketball team to do just never happened at any given point.

• Locked thread