Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Roger Craig posted:

How was Rutgers ever allowed into the big 10 when all of their sports programs suck? Even if it's a large school, people don't watch games if the product is poo poo.

So the Big Ten Network could be forced onto cable packages in New York

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

http://deadspin.com/texas-techs-tod...d-on-1763094693

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I work a Sunday-Wednesday schedule so I'm pretty sure I'm the envy of every sports fan in America this time of year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Benne posted:

I'll be covering the tourney at SB Nation so I'm literally getting paid to watch it

Motherfucker

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Why didn't the Ivy League have tournaments before? I know in football they don't do postseason play but obviously they participate in March Madness so it never really made sense to me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lol I'm so sorry we're in your region again, Virginia

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Archie Miller with Alice in Chains out of nowhere

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

Anybody who is naming a Peter Cetera-led band as his all time favorite is immediately on my suspect list. I mean I like power ballads and Karate Kid as much as the next guy but when you're doing duets with Amy Grant you don't deserve to be anybody's favorite band.

Chicago were great before Terry Kath won a Darwin Award.

Also I'd jump at the chance to play for a King Crimson-loving coach. drat ballplayers and their dislike of classic prog!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

I can't tell the difference between Sts. John and Joe.

St John's produced the crazy man who attacked fans, almost killed James Harden and changed his name to World Peace. St Joe's produced the crazy man who got in a motorcycle chase while carrying firearms in a guitar case and may have hosed LeBron's mom.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I think that was gonna happen anyway without Warney

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

So only defensive fouls count toward team fouls? Edit: and I take it double bonus = 14 team fouls?

Double Bonus is 10

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cronin to UNLV would be a downward move

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Poque posted:

Swanigan declared for the NBA draft and I don't know whether to laugh or scream

He's not hiring an agent and still has the option of coming back before like May.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

Bielfeldt was our best post guy two years ago, he just didn't fit the system well.

That system being no presence down low at all and he had a little.

Worked for Mitch McGary

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

You must have not watched either of those two players then.

Mitch once he put it together was a double double machine in the tourney.. too bad he got hurt. Then smoked pot.

He would have been great down there.

That's what I'm saying though? You said Bielfeldt didn't fit because he had post presence, but McGary thrived in that system.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MechaFrogzilla posted:

He just needs to find the next Steve Nash and he'll be just fine!

Wow, the current WCC has produced some impossibly white NBA players

Stockton, Nash, Morrison, Dellavedova, Olynyk, Fredette...

At least Gonzaga can claim Robert Sacre

And St. Mary's can claim indigenous Australian Patty Mills.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Speaking of transfers, Javon Bess and Marvin Clark are leaving East Lansing. Not shocking, as their minimal play time would shrink even more with the freshmen coming in.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

spanky69 posted:

Here is what is left of the "runner up" postseason tournaments

Winners:

NIT - George Washington
CIT - Columbia
Vegas 16 - Old Dominion (The crowds for this thing were atrocious, but they are claiming it is coming back next year)

Still Trudging Along:

CBI Finals- Moorehead State at Nevada - Game 3 tonight at 9pm on ESPN U
Women's NIT Final - Florida Gulf Coast at South Dakota at 3pm Saturday on CBS Sports Network

Also ICYMI, Augustana won Division II and St. Thomas won D3

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

gently caress St Thomas

Agreed. They have beaten my school in both baseball and basketball championships. Also they're called the Tommies

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kansas' team managers defeated Michigan State in the inaugural manager championships

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Detroit fired Ray McCallum. They've been treading water his whole career except for one tournament berth, but I don't know who they'll get that's better or what their goal is. I guess they're sick of being overshadowed by Oakland.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Michigan State women's player Aerial Powers is declaring for the draft. I'm mostly posting this as a reminder that there is a female baller named Aerial Powers.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

gvibes posted:

Bryce Drew to Vandy. Seems like a good fit.

Dammit, I wanted Drew.

For a sec I thought you meant the school he was already coaching at. drat black and gold V schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Oakland's magic dwarf Kay Felder has declared too. I'm guessing he'll be back in May

• Locked thread