Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's March, and I believe Madness is involved.

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/schedules/conference-tournament

2016 CONFERENCE TOURNAMENTS
CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT SITE DATES (TV FOR CHAMPIONSHIP)
AAC Orlando, Fla. March 10-13 (ESPN)
ACC Washington D.C. March 8-12 (ESPN)
America East Campus sites March 2, 7 & 12 (ESPN2)
Atlantic 10 Brooklyn March 9-13 (CBS)
Atlantic Sun Campus sites March 1, 3 & 6 (ESPN2)
Big East New York March 9-12 (FOX)
Big Sky Reno, Nev. March 8, 10-12 (TBA)
Big South Buies Creek, N.C. March 3-6 (ESPN)
Big Ten Indianpolis March 9-13 (CBS)
Big 12 Kansas City March 9-12 (ESPN)
Big West Anaheim March 10-12 (ESPN2)
Colonial Baltimore March 4-7 (NBCSN)
Conference USA Birmingham, Ala. March 8-12 (FS1)
Horizon League Detroit March 5-8 (ESPN/ESPN2)
Ivy League No conference tournament
MAAC Albany, N.Y. March 3-7 (ESPN)
MAC Cleveland, Ohio March 7, 10-12 (ESPN2)
MEAC Norfolk, Va. March 7-12 (TBA)
Missouri Valley St. Louis March 3-6 (CBS)
Mountain West Las Vegas March 9-12 (CBS)
Northeast Campus sites March 2, 5, 8 (ESPN/ESPN2)
Ohio Valley Nashville March 2-5 (ESPN2)
Pac-12 Las Vegas March 9-12 (FS1)
Patriot Campus sites March 1, 3, 6, 9 (CBS Sports Network)
SEC Nashville March 9-13 (ESPN)
Southern Asheville, N.C March 4-7 (ESPN2)
Southland Katy, Texas March 8-12 (ESPN2)
Summit Sioux Falls, S.D. March 5-8 (ESPN2)
Sun Belt New Orleans March 10-13 (ESPN2)
SWAC Houston March 8-12 (ESPNU)
WAC Las Vegas March 10-12 (ESPNU)
West Coast Las Vegas March 4-5 & 7-8 (ESPN)

SELECTION SUNDAY: March 13
BRACKET THREAD: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768389
WILL DUKE GET IN: Probably, but maybe not ranked, God willing.
DISCUSS

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

Uh, even as a KU fan I think you should have included them in the poll.

Nah, this isn't the year. This is more of a second round exit year.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

Maybe, although I think this year is different for a few reasons.

I'm really scared to be excited for this Kansas team because their post presence is still just Lucas and Traylor (and Bragg, but watch Self get conservative in the tourney and not play the freshman). But the three-point shooting adds so much more diversity to our offense, which generally hasn't been able to keep up with hot-starting midmajors and gets flustered by zones, that I think we have a shot to actually make some progress. And it's not like there's some bona fide favorite in the field that clearly outclasses us. There's so much odd parity in the league this year.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Look at all these suckers envious that they don't get to see Buddy Hied during conference time.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

resident posted:

I'm an Iowa St fan so I am just projecting my loss anxiety on the entire conference.

Oh, oops. Yeah, same, we're paper tiger as gently caress.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

^^^^really? I'll stop saying that then.

I guess I shouldn't talk because the atrocious Kansas governor just cut 17 million in higher education to make up for the 57 million tax deficit he created when he cut taxes in order to tickle the Koch brothers' balls. Between that and kids carrying guns to campus next year it isn't like my alma mater is the flagship program for state politics and financial responsibility. Kind of like how backwoods western Kansas politicians said that KU had to go out of state to acquire bonding for student housing so they did and then they blocked it anyway when KU acquired the funding. Their reasoning is unreal.

“KU is flying the Starship Enterprise through our statues trying to avoid a transparent process that’s accountable to taxpayers and students both," Claeys says. "Whether you want to call it lease payments or whatever, it’s on state property, it’s going to be ultimately the state responsible," Rhoades says. "However they want to try to frame it, it still comes back to the taxpayer."

uh what

Kansas is a lot like the Starship Enterprise in that it flies through a bunch of space with zero intelligent life. Going to be really fun to sell kids from Chicago and Baltimore and New Jersey on coming to a campus with open-carry in a state with a recent mass-shooting.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I just partied on Franklin Street with a mosh pit of UNC fans. I had a chance to go up to Roy Williams and tell him, as a Kansas fan, I was happy for him, but I decided not to be that awkward. Tonight owned in every single way.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

I guess we'll see on this. HUGE buyout.

Good, gently caress Alford. UCLA and USC deserved the opposite coaches they got.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Matey posted:

now I'm interested

Hell, I'm interested.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

elentar posted:

In "well, duh" news today, Oklahoma State is set to fire Travis Ford.

I'm going to pretend this is some kind of delayed revenge KU has against Marcus Smart, even though it's clearly not.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

:siren: Goon bracket thread is up in Armchair Quarterback :siren:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768389

And now in OP as well.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kidd-Liggit posted:

I like coach K's choice because it's obvious he tried to think of the hippest artist he knew of

I think the article picked one for him because he's the only one who didn't respond back (of course, what a loving rear end in a top hat), and he mentioned liking Beyonce once.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

Oh Lord. Which ones?

The thing about Kim Anderson is he has to recruit well and to recruit well he has to hire guys who can recruit but he hasn't recruited the guys who can recruit so how can anybody believe that he'll ever fix this?

Meanwhile guys like Brad Underwood are going to be out there but Missouri is just going to go with Kim. I feel for you, Missouri fans and those aren't crocodile tears. The administration has made bad decisions at every step along the way basically since Norm Stewart retired*. There is a lack of power teams at the top of the SEC other than UK that MU should be competing with every year. If Texas A&M can manage to win the SEC, Missouri should be right there. Kim Anderson is never going to get you there, so what is anybody waiting for? I'm a hated rival and even I feel kind of sick about it, because there's no solution in sight. That's frustrating and reminds me of the Royals during the dark years.

*I include the Quin Snyder hire because after Norm retired April 1 by April 5 MU had interviewed John Calipari, Quin Snyder, Bill Self, and Kim Anderson.

Out of those four look who they hired and look who they passed on.

Mike Anderson wasn't the worst hire under them, but it hasn't been smooth sailing since, no.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Apparently some poo poo went down at Western Kentucky. Three players suspended and their coach resigned. Guess someone had their way with Big Red or something.

Whoa, what the gently caress. That coach used to be at a Christian school, which I realize doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it still seems surprising to me.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Celebrating with rings is a crime obnoxious enough to end a rivalry series, it's true.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

you son of a bitch

This is an argument for big rings, though, because it leads to hilarious poo poo like that.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

No.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The absolute moral of the first two rounds, between teams giving up long inbound passes for layups that seal the deal to that UNI debacle is, Defend the loving inbound.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

Welcome to the Big 12, Dixon, you're making this a better conference. Get used to this though.

Picked a photo of a senior, man, seriously.

No Bragg love, so much hate.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

Are you somehow under the impression that Selden is a senior?

shut up

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Stay safe, Space Thoguh.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

So now Coach K comes out and says that he was lying when he claimed he didn't say anything to that Oregon player. What a guy!

Only because they reviewed the audio and he said what he said.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Get ready for loving Syracuse to win it all, and then you can all be miserable with me.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

You went to the elite 8 be happy

I feel a welling up of anger, but I think it's at douchey Villanova teams past, because I can't really think of anyone that hateable on Villanova. Arciadiacono? But that's too cool of a name to hate.

If Kansas doesn't lose in Round of 32, they lose in the Elite Eight. Is what it is.

It's going to be Syracuse that wins, though. Alabama, Denver... a bad trend has developed, leaving a chill in my soul.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It would be cool if Syracuse won it all only for the excitement of future tournaments knowing that any team actually COULD win it all, no matter how lovely they were all season. Gives us all hope :unsmith:

on the other hand gently caress Syracuse

Any team could win it all, as long as they have a history of tournament bullshit. I think everyone already knows that about this dumb sport.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Brannen Greene, NBA prospect, ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Buddy Hield did NOT win AP Player of the Year

THIS IS A TRAVESTY :mad:

what is this poo poo

who did, i want answers