Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

N: With one game left, Northwestern has tied its school-record 19 regular season wins

V: Northwestern is not going to make the NIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

because it is insanely gratifying that there's a team worse than northwestern

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well now we know the exact number of dudes suspended for sex videos it takes for a poo poo-rear end team to lose to rutgers.

that answer is 3

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cats just got their first 20-win regular season in school history, clinched a first-round bye, and are one win away from maybe making the NIT.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alex Olah is big Romanian champion and I am devastated and gently caress the big ten and gently caress gene steretore anabove all gently caress Michigan Northwestern Vegas 16 champs give us Vic Law or give us death.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i wish my team wasn't a perpetual engine of misery, my standards are so loving low

not only did we blow the NIT, but Bill Carmody, the guy who was shitcanned for not making the tournament, just took Holy Cross to the Tournament.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress selection sunday, gently caress every single college basketball team, gently caress the nit, gently caress college baketball, gently caress gently caress gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress, how can you pretend to be above a CBI or Vegas 16 tournament

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

How the gently caress did Groce get a vote of confidence

A theory called the Beckman Window where you hire a coach so incredibly inept and insane that all other lovely coach behavior is normalized.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Big Ten is a bunch of goobers getting roasted in the NCAA tournament, how embarrassing for them. The only way to win is not to play.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no team from illinois has lost a tournament game yet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Making a t-shirt to celebrate things owns. Forging your own rings for Sweet-16 runs, however, is pretty weak.

i want a loving parade if they ever make the first loving four

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you son of a bitch

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

What are the rules re: penalties & bonus/double bonus shots? It's the one aspect of the game I keep telling myself I'll learn about and never do and I'm tired of being confused about it.

Fouls don't result in free throws unless they are in the act of shooting, so if you bump a cutter or something your team just gets to reset and the player gets a personal. Offensive fouls count towards personal fouls, but not team fouls. Five personal fouls and you are disqualified and cannot play the rest of the game, so often if a guy gets two quick fouls, coaches tend to be hesitant to play them much in the first half.

7th team foul is bonus: every foul results in a one and one (one free throw and if you make it you get a second free throw)
double bonus means that you get two free throw attempts every foul

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at Mar 21, 2016 around 01:53

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Shut up shut up shut up! He's staying! Just like I thought Hoiberg was staying last year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dude789 posted:

This really was a crazy day in the women's tourney. The #2 and #3 overall seeds both lost and Tennessee demolished Ohio State. There's a decent chance that there will be two 7 seeds in the final four.

do any of them stand a chance or is uconn still an unstoppable death machine

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

in honor of bill rafferty, please rename this thread "Big Time Snatch" thank you

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why can't northwestern get fake invited to the ncaa tournament? i'll take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Someone mixes up Northeastern with Northwestern? Too bad Northeastern isn't any good either.

these fuckers

• Locked thread