Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Well Kim Anderson will be back for his third (and final) year at Mizzou in 2016-17. Disappointing to say the least because now the timeline for the Tigers returning to at least mediocrity is pushed back another year (so probably 2019-2020 at the earliest).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Two more players are transferring from Mizzou. Glad Kim Anderson got a vote of confidence for another year!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

kiimo posted:

Oh Lord. Which ones?

The thing about Kim Anderson is he has to recruit well and to recruit well he has to hire guys who can recruit but he hasn't recruited the guys who can recruit so how can anybody believe that he'll ever fix this?

Meanwhile guys like Brad Underwood are going to be out there but Missouri is just going to go with Kim. I feel for you, Missouri fans and those aren't crocodile tears. The administration has made bad decisions at every step along the way basically since Norm Stewart retired*. There is a lack of power teams at the top of the SEC other than UK that MU should be competing with every year. If Texas A&M can manage to win the SEC, Missouri should be right there. Kim Anderson is never going to get you there, so what is anybody waiting for? I'm a hated rival and even I feel kind of sick about it, because there's no solution in sight. That's frustrating and reminds me of the Royals during the dark years.

*I include the Quin Snyder hire because after Norm retired April 1 by April 5 MU had interviewed John Calipari, Quin Snyder, Bill Self, and Kim Anderson.

Out of those four look who they hired and look who they passed on.

It's not like it matters since most of Mizzou's players aren't good, but Namon Wright and Tramaine Isabell, both sophomores who, as far as I know, were recruited by Kim Anderson!

I think if Mizzou football returns to being pretty good (which I think will happen this coming season), the pressure is really going to be on Mack Rhoads to make an impact hire after Anderson is fired next March, particularly because he had a chance to rip the bandaid off 10 days ago. I get that there are APR and NCAA violation concerns thanks to Frank Haith, but I don't think delaying the rebuilding process one year is a good tradeoff.

EDIT: For reference, here is what Mizzou's roster is looking like for next year

One senior and two juniors :suicide:

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 16, 2016

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Your team has blown rear end two years in a row and you are asked about next year's team:

quote:

"I think we’ll probably do things a little bit differently. I think the summer will be a little bit tougher. I think we still need to create a culture of Missouri basketball, and I’m not sure we’ve done that completely in the last year or so. But again, I go back to I think we have guys who are a) tired of losing, b) used to winning and c) want to win. I’m hoping that will create the type of leadership and the type of work ethic that we need."

Glad Mizzou has a solid plan moving forward.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

Is Mizzou aware that their coach will never succeed and they just don't care for whatever reason (money, etc), or do they actually think he can win? I'm fascinated by that situation because everyone on the planet knew that hire wouldn't work.

The only reason I can see that they kept Kim Anderson on for a third year was because of the NCAA violations from Haith and APR concerns. Since I think Mack Rhoads is a competent AD, I'm choosing to believe he's just using KA to weather the storm and will fire him after next season.

• Locked thread