Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I bet methed up southerners would be good at running plantations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

I mean like, with your slaves.

I own some decent fallow land in Georgia and a nice little suburban home in the West so I'd have to see if slaves are a cost effective replacement for migrant labor

Depends on the slave stock. I'm guessing we'll use prisoners of war as slaves, so I'll probably want to make sure I don't get any crazy jihadis. I'll have to make sure my slaves are weak willed.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'd probably make them clean my house, I like to cook dinner so they could do the dishes and I'd imagine I'd get the bigger portions.

Hmm....

Maybe I'd make them get jobs or something to help pay for the living costs?

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Microwaves Mom posted:

Depends on the slave stock. I'm guessing we'll use prisoners of war as slaves, so I'll probably want to make sure I don't get any crazy jihadis. I'll have to make sure my slaves are weak willed.

I guess if we're using prisoners of war as slaves, then I'll have to reenlist and go die in some loving desert or something. Oh well, it must have been my time.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BLARGHLE posted:

I guess if we're using prisoners of war as slaves, then I'll have to reenlist and go die in some loving desert or something. Oh well, it must have been my time.

No no no! You can buy them when they're brought back!

Let the soldiers do the capturing of women and children and buy them from the slavers who sell them at auction.
No need to bloody your own hands.

I'm a kind master so I'd imagine I'd make the slaves sign a 10 year contract and after 10 years they'd be freed.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Microwaves Mom posted:

No need to bloody your own hands.

Just let me have this, damnit!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BLARGHLE posted:

Just let me have this, damnit!

Well let me get first looks at the slaves you bring back.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Microwaves Mom posted:

Well let me get first looks at the slaves you bring back.

I'm not bringing poo poo back. I'm going full Three Kings, and setting myself up for a comfy expat retirement after I commit a bunch of state sanctioned war crimes that leave me unable to sleep at night

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BLARGHLE posted:

I'm not bringing poo poo back. I'm going full Three Kings, and setting myself up for a comfy expat retirement after I commit a bunch of state sanctioned war crimes that leave me unable to sleep at night

woah woah woah son.

We're not rebuilding an empire we're demolishing it! There won't be anything left but glass and ash when we're done!

We're waging war the right way!

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Slavery is already legal bro, just get a Fetlife account.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Slavery is already legal bro, just get a Fetlife account.

drat this is a good idea. Can I make a slave give me their money?

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

drat this is a good idea. Can I make a slave give me their money?

Yeah man, that's a real thing in the BDSM community.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Yeah man, that's a real thing in the BDSM community.

Wow.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

It's called financial worship or something.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Microwaves Mom posted:

woah woah woah son.

We're not rebuilding an empire we're demolishing it! There won't be anything left but glass and ash when we're done!

We're waging war the right way!

I didn't say it was an expat retirement in the desert, because why the gently caress would it be?

Anyway, I might be 32 years old, and 10 years out of the Air Force, but I would absolutely join back up if Trump became president, if only because that would be the only secure job in our increasingly volatile economy

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BLARGHLE posted:

I didn't say it was an expat retirement in the desert, because why the gently caress would it be?

Anyway, I might be 32 years old, and 10 years out of the Air Force, but I would absolutely join back up if Trump became president, if only because that would be the only secure job in our increasingly volatile economy

If he becomes president I'm going to try and get a cabinet position with the sole points that I'm young, ambitious, and gonna make it great.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Microwaves Mom posted:

If he becomes president I'm going to try and get a cabinet position with the sole points that I'm young, ambitious, and gonna make it great.

I'm sure there's a joke to be made here, but I haven't watched The Apprentice, so I'm not the one to make it.

So, instead, I'll make this pointless placeholder post, because that reflects our society somehow. I need another beer.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i'll have them throw parties for me to pretend i'm popular :smith:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Maoist Pussy posted:

Nobody ever says "If The Bad Man wins I'm going to go live in Mexico!"

what about Costa Rica

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm going to be a slave so i can feel the plight of my people

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm going to pick iphone 5s's and bananas thansk for asking

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah i dunno why people aways say theyre gonna move to canada when south america is infinitely better. even mexico would be better as long as youre away from the border

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

thathonkey posted:

Yeah i dunno why people aways say theyre gonna move to canada when south america is infinitely better. even mexico would be better as long as youre away from the border

ya in mexico u only have a 25% chance of getting beaten 2 death in an elevator with a hammer u come to canada i'll make that 100%

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Am I the only one who would feel really uncomfortable with having a minority person as a slave? I'd worry people would think I was racist.

I'd have to get a white slave, even though I bet they'd be the most expensive

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

thathonkey posted:

Both border regions in Mexico are really bad, the touristy areas are only bad if you're a local or owe money and Mexico City owns so long as you're rich or a high end prostitute

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

If I had a slave they would probably bully and manipulate my weak-willed rear end into a position where I'm the one doing all the work and having my freedom imposed upon but they still pretend that I'm their master so they can get out of paying taxes.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Moon Atari posted:

If I had a slave they would probably bully and manipulate my weak-willed rear end into a position where I'm the one doing all the work and having my freedom imposed upon but they still pretend that I'm their master so they can get out of paying taxes.

Nah, once you have a taste of absolute power over another human being all that beta bitch poo poo goes away right quick and in a hurry, son

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress one, marry one, kill one. Maybe all the same one.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
pay them above min. wage salary as a joke

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
ive been studying the nuremberg trials so after trumps reign is over so i don't get hung at the gallows for eradicating the poor

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Am I the only one who would feel really uncomfortable with having a minority person as a slave? I'd worry people would think I was racist.

Just get one of each.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
One of you needs to start a Mondo Films style studio and just use slaves for everything, that way you don't even need stunt doubles

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

BLARGHLE posted:

It's kind of a joke, but it's also kind of reality, and that's why zika and other mosquito borne illnesses are still an issue, because air conditioning isn't widely available outside of the US.

Also, DDT being banned doesn't help, because it did a really drat good job of controlling mosquitoes, but here we are.
DDT isn't banned for vector control and is actively used by the WHO in many countries because it works very well, is comparatively easy and cheap to produce, and requires less regular respraying inside buildings than its current alternatives. Thousands of tons of DDT are produced per year for this express purpose.

I'm sorry the agricultural lobby has poisoned your brain so badly that you have conflated DDT being banned for commercial agriculture with its use in fighting third-world outbreaks of malaria and other insect-borne diseases.

jBrereton has issued a correction as of 01:43 on Mar 3, 2016

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Probably get whipped a lot because I am a lazy poor.

Not looking forward to it tbh.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

white slaves would without a doubt be the cheapest

unless, I suppose, their value is artificially inflated for the exact reason you just invoked for wanting one. that's possible. I doubt it, though, you'd get so little utility out of a white slave that it would probably be more cost-effective to just pay a free mexican an actual wage.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I kind of doubt Arabs will ever completely forsake the longstanding tradition of primarily enslaving one another, although Filipino slaves are becoming increasingly popular in the UAE

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

tomstuart posted:

hey goons i know what your thinking

your thinking "slaves would be neat"

sorry but you wrong about athat

not neat

actually having a slaves is very bad and should not be done

sorry

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I would make them mine gold for me but i would not tell them that gold is valuable. The real secret is that it's worth lots of money :smug:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Cymbal Monkey posted:

It's called financial worship or something.

yea literally everyone does it

• Locked thread