Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone else think that the surrealism thing was pushed on Sarah? I don't remember her doing a lot of surrealism her last time around, just realistic stuff but with fantasy/scifi elements, and she's didn't seem to know what it was when explaining or making her own piece. Surrealism is one of the themes they hit every season (or most seasons) but I don't think any vet is going to come in and request that so they've got to engineer it. And the next episode is portraits... yah, they already had that planned for Jesse so they had to come up with something else for Sarah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly don't think Sarah is that much of a nut. She's just as aggressive and full of bluster as many of the guys; it just gets filtered through the crazy-lens because women, am I right? She's just to competitive and goal oriented not to have thought through what she wanted to do when called back. Surrealism isn't in her wheelhouse and there's no way she wouldn't have practiced it like crazy of she was going to do something different. She didn't now what the gently caress she was doing because she didn't plan to do a surreal piece; the producers threw it at her and she jumped on it with the same over-confidence as she does everything.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
See, the wacky faces are what makes me disbelieve. They're just too frequent and too obvious. My cynical side just says they saw she had some interesting expressions early on and then they started pulling her aside every episode just to make faces so they could cut them in wherever. Speaking of producer manipulation, what are the odds some of the vets came on with the express purpose of not making it to the finally? Come back on for a handful of episodes, get some more publicity, and then get back on with their lives?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Ain't that the truth. Sassy gay may be a bit of a caricature in it's own right, but it's a breath of fresh air in a show cluttered with tough guy clones. On the same note I'm really sad to see Meagan go home. Maybe she wanted to and the producers were just giving her a better out than having her leave, but it still sucks to lose someone whose personality can be described as "not swinging their dick at every opportunity" from this show. Also nice to see the judges wake up and give a poo poo for a bit. See them again when they do American traditional I guess.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Considering how lovely the show makes almost everyone on it come off, I don't get why anyone goes on it. I figure either, against all logic, contestants just assume it will be good promotion, or it actually is good for business.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The posing on Sausage's looks like something out of an old Warner Brother's cartoon.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Glad to see Sausage go. He's just not the aggressive poo poo-talking type, and all his trying just came off as super whiny. Double elimination was a fun change-up but it makes me wonder if there's a non-elimination coming up, or if someone is coming back.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I wish they started out with style-specific challenges and then got more open and relaxed as the season progresses. Weed out the cannon fodder on American traditional and pinups because everyone wants to see a line of jacked-up eagles and ugly women, and let the ones who make it through do what they excel at in the later episodes. Seeing an otherwise good artist getting knocked out over the fins on a Koi fish is petty bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Cless Alvein posted:

Anthony's was a lot nicer except the tits. But that might be cuz his looked like big fake implants and I hate those on actual women so I disliked them on the tattoo.

Yeah, for people that bitch about hands and feet so much, you'd think they'd have a problem with the weightless, globular forms passing for tits that show up constantly on this show.

• Locked thread