Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chrimbus granger

by Lowtax
FARTMAN: MAKE ME FART

So...what the hell is this game?

Fartman can best be described as an RPG/Action/Fighting hybrid, with a pinch of Dating sim thrown in. (Imagine if Persona and Street Fighter had a love child, basically.) It wears it's influences on it's sleeve, and yet it's genre-bending/fusion elevate it to be more than just the sum of it's parts. The game is also an early predecessor to that gaming genre we all love to hate, MOBAs. (After watching gameplay footage, take another glance at Dr.Mundo and tell me he doesn't look familiar. ;) )

Don't let the asinine middle school humor of Fartman fool you, the gameplay in this title is immaculate. It really has to be played to be believed!

So...why the hell have I never heard of this game before?
This title was originally scheduled to be released in September of 2001 for the PSone gaming console, but was never released. This game is the spiritual successor to Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure, developed by an indie studio made up of former Interplay devs who left the company in disgust after being forced to compromise their mucus laden vision due to hand wringing execs and the ESRB.

Unfortunately, the studio that made this game just so happened to have their offices located in the World Trade Center and...well...I think we all know how that one turned out. :911: So alas, the game never had an official release much to the chagrin of hardcore gamers the world over.

HOWEVER...thanks to my bitcoin surplus and my handy dandy TOR Onion Browser, I was able to purchase an undamaged copy found in the wreckage of ground zero off of the deep web. And now, my Goony brethren, I will share it with you.

This is my first Let's Play video, so any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and feedback is mucho appreciated. Thanks for watching! :)
----------

EPISODE 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ut8Iuq6HM

chrimbus granger fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone

by LadyAmbien
You're no docfuture, but, well, you're no docfuture.

Lawrence Gilchrist

you put effort into this

discworld is all I read

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

I agree with this.

Sion

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Thank you, but this thread has already been reported recently!

FluffieDuckie

welcome to byob! :wave:

sorry i missed that the let's play started in the op.

it wasn't as good as i anticipated

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 3, 2016

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Scaly Haylie

wow they moved this from let's play

MrWillsauce

did they think we'd like it or something?

I mean, I know not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this horse is farting everywhere

blech

and I get the joke I guess, but it's just as obnoxious as the obnoxious people its parodying.

FluffieDuckie

i told them we would be happy to view this gentleman's work

granted i didn't exactly do my homework on this one, but hey, visitors right?

FluffieDuckie

it's a parody?

MrWillsauce

I mean, it seems like that, like the way he begs for instagram subscriptions and patreon money is obviously making fun of those guys who make a living sitting around playing video games and screaming memes and toilet humor. I didn't really watch much of it though, there might be other jokes and jabs

FluffieDuckie

MrWillsauce posted:

I mean, it seems like that, like the way he begs for instagram subscriptions and patreon money is obviously making fun of those guys who make a living sitting around playing video games and screaming memes and toilet humor. I didn't really watch much of it though, there might be other jokes and jabs

yeah i'd say not really

FluffieDuckie

i'm sure episode 2 will be much improved. he was just working out the kinks

MrWillsauce

I will say that it is apparent that a lot of effort went into this. Maybe it's just ahead of its time and I'm just an idiot philistine.

FluffieDuckie

MrWillsauce posted:

I will say that it is apparent that a lot of effort went into this. Maybe it's just ahead of its time and I'm just an idiot philistine.

in 3 years you'll be able to say you knew him before he was famous

MrWillsauce

probably should have moved this to cineD for them to analyze, instead of byob

FluffieDuckie

they may not be chill enough to appreciate it like we do

Scaly Haylie

you've been had, fluffie.

FluffieDuckie

no no. this is all me. i said a fartman let's play? if it doesn't belong here i don't know where it belongs

FluffieDuckie

sadly the op seems to be missing. i thought maybe he would want to answer questions or something

MrWillsauce

maybe just keep rotating it around the different forums until it finds a home. It looks like maybe it'd be up GBS's alley, with the 9/11 and the over-the-top ironic poop and stuff

Scaly Haylie

FluffieDuckie posted:

no no. this is all me. i said a fartman let's play? if it doesn't belong here i don't know where it belongs

the latest in a series of power moves from fluffie

chrimbus granger

by Lowtax
apparently im no doc future (whoever that is)

i tried man! fall off that horse and you get right back on it you know?

yes its a parody, and also a big stupid fart joke. ive just been loving around with video editing, originally made this to make my friends laugh and wanted to see if i could upset lets play people with it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MrWillsauce

you seem like a cool guy. Welcome to byob! :D

FluffieDuckie

oh hey hi glad you're here :wave:

i have some questions

1. how old are you?

Scaly Haylie

i'm the tiny sub-zero

chrimbus granger

by Lowtax

FluffieDuckie posted:

oh hey hi glad you're here :wave:

i have some questions

1. how old are you?

physically: 28
mentally: probably a teenager tbh

----------------

FluffieDuckie

2. how long did this take you?

chrimbus granger

by Lowtax

FluffieDuckie posted:

2. how long did this take you?

idk...2 or 3 days?

----------------

FluffieDuckie

ok so 3. does your mother know her 28 year old son spent 3 days working on a video with fart sounds in it and if she does, is she proud?

chrimbus granger

by Lowtax

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok so 3. does your mother know her 28 year old son spent 3 days working on a video with fart sounds in it and if she does, is she proud?

i sent it to her she didnt really get it but thought the part where i freaked out to skrillex was funny

----------------

FluffieDuckie

G_Slimey posted:

i sent it to her she didnt really get it but thought the part where i freaked out to skrillex was funny

:eng99:

chrimbus granger

by Lowtax
yes yes im a loser for laughing at farts anymore questions

----------------

FluffieDuckie

sweetie you don't just laugh at farts. you spent 3 days making a fart video and you sent it to your mother

chrimbus granger

by Lowtax

FluffieDuckie posted:

sweetie you don't just laugh at farts. you spent 3 days making a fart video and you sent it to your mother

its true! what can i say, i am what i am.

----------------

MrWillsauce

a fartist

chrimbus granger

by Lowtax

im a real virtuoso with flatuence, what can i say

----------------

chrimbus granger

by Lowtax
but anyways i made this video to make my friends laugh, tons of people i know loved it and convinced me to try and spread it online! perhaps their advice was ill advised..because everyone online loving hates it lol. i guess comedy is subjective.

what do you want from me byob

----------------

MrWillsauce

maybe for your next project you should drop the farts and focus more on flailing to Skrillex. That seems to be your wheelhouse.

e: ((gotta know how to write to your audience))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

well on the plus side i like your av :shrug:

• Locked thread