Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training
Got trophies. Applied to goondolences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Solkanar512 posted:

So what's the etiquette for requesting cards?

Request whatever you want. No one is forced to donate. That said, I find it's better to request commons than rares because people are more reluctant to give up rares (even though they benefit).

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
wow, getting wrecked by people with lv 4 and lv6 stuff at only 450 cups :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Coolspaz posted:

I'm rocking the following:

goblins hut - seems to wreck a lot of people
giant
witch
mini pekka
goblins
goblin ranged
prince
minions

works very well so far

Feel like any aoe or air will stomp every push you build.

Necrolich
Feb 10, 2010
Why is this game shoving Zap's down my throat? I've got 55 of these useless things..........but havent seen a single freeze/rage/lightning.......

Necrolich fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 3, 2016

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
At 1000 crowns I'm running:

Spear Goblin [level 5]
Goblins [Level 2]
Arrows [Level 4]
Minions [Level 4]
Musketeer [Level 3]
Witch [Level 1]
Mini PEKKA [level 2]
Baby Dragon [level 1]

Kinda wished I had a Skeleton Army card and Maybe switch out Witch for that.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Lutha Mahtin posted:

For beginning players, one thing you might not have noticed right away (I didn't :v:) is that you can drop new units to change the aggro of enemy units, depending on the situation. The general rule is, if an enemy unit is walking down the lane toward your towers, if you drop a unit close to it that it can attack, it will. You can check which units will respond this way by selecting a card and holding down your finger over a spot on the board (but don't release!). The units that will get "distracted" will show a little "!" icon and a sound will play.

Just noting for new players that this is the main way to counter the Prince and his power thrusting. The one elixir skeleton unit works the best.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

to be fair this is pretty much the only card I have, I'm sure some better ranged cards exist, but I don't have any

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Trying to join Goondolences but not working. Do I need an invite or something? I'm thehoodie

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

thehoodie posted:

Trying to join Goondolences but not working. Do I need an invite or something? I'm thehoodie

same here, keep saying unable to join the clan

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

what should I use to avoid this (cards are limited)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

thehoodie posted:

Do you have the (rather small) required cups to join?

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Khisanth Magus posted:

Do you have the (rather small) required cups to join?

Yeah, I'm sitting at 206 right now, and it says the required is 200.

On another note, is it worth playing while my chest slots are full or should I find another hobby while I wait?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 25, 2020

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Montalvo posted:

I tried applying to Goondolences (I'm CaptSpacebeard in the game) but keep getting told I'm unable to join for some reason.

E I have 350ish trophies
Second edit glad it's not just me?

Might be full.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Yea tried to apply as bubu but it says unable to join.. I have 200 cups

PoppingFresh
Aug 18, 2004

It must be the shoes...
Re: Goondolences

There might be a max # of join requests allowed at one time. We currently have 5 open requests and only 20/50 clan members.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Says 20/50 for me on the clan page, so no idea! We have a 5 requests in the chat that are grey out so I guess I can't accept or decline. Maybe that is the max at a time?

[edit] what he said :)

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Applied to goondolences, didn't get an error message (the memberships has jumped to 25 so looks like 5 requests is the cap indeed)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dizz posted:

At 1000 crowns I'm running:

Spear Goblin [level 5]
Goblins [Level 2]
Arrows [Level 4]
Minions [Level 4]
Musketeer [Level 3]
Witch [Level 1]
Mini PEKKA [level 2]
Baby Dragon [level 1]

Kinda wished I had a Skeleton Army card and Maybe switch out Witch for that.

I've been trying to get a Baby Dragon and Witch for 2 weeks now and no luck :(

commish
Sep 17, 2009

PoppingFresh posted:

Re: Goondolences

There might be a max # of join requests allowed at one time. We currently have 5 open requests and only 20/50 clan members.

It's 10. Whoever is your leader/elder needs to respond faster!

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

"X" possesses great risks as well as great possibilities.
Finally got a prince card out of a chest this morning but I feel like I'm not going to use it.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sent in my request.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

I'm only at lvl 3 but the Prince doesn't seem like that much of a threat. Is it the charge that makes him good? Maybe I just dont notice how much damage it is doing.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

I'm only at lvl 3 but the Prince doesn't seem like that much of a threat. Is it the charge that makes him good? Maybe I just dont notice how much damage it is doing.

If he's allowed to charge he does double damage once he's hit full speed, so unchecked he can put a serious dent in one of your crown towers.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

The Prince hits like a truck on the charge, but is easy to bog down with little cheap units.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Left alone, a prince will wreck your tower in seconds. It's best to distract him with cheap units as your tower takes his health down. If you are the one using the prince, you have to combo him with an aoe unit, e.g., a dragon or wizard. Powerful combo.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

What do you use fireball for? Everyone I've seen down here in 200 trophy land just uses it on my towers but it isn't very effective

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Damage spells are for obviously damaging enemy troops and structures.

Arrows take out big mobs but do little damage. Low cost.

The rocket does good damage to things it can hit in a tiny radius (towers/buildings). High cost.

Fireball is a mix between the two.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've found fireball to be most handy when I launch it at some troops crossing the bridge in the middle of the goblin arena, as it works as a chokepoint.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I've been trying to get a Baby Dragon and Witch for 2 weeks now and no luck :(

weird, because I don't have a good handful of purples as well. still missing skeleton army, goblin barrel, balloon, giant skeleton, crossbow, and rage spell.

e: if it makes you feel any better, they're both kinda poo poo at pushing due to being really mediocre on health and damage. being easily distracted by tiny units doesn't help them neither.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Virtue posted:

What do you use fireball for? Everyone I've seen down here in 200 trophy land just uses it on my towers but it isn't very effective

Ideally groups of characters or a defensive structure. Don't use it on the enemy tower. A few patches ago, simply using rockets, fireballs and lightning to destroy towers was a very strong and overpowered tactic. Supercell nerfed damage to towers by 20%, so no one does that anymore.

1 fireball can wreck a group of barbs (giving you 1 elixir advantage) or groups of minions (1 elixir advantage). It's a better choice than arrows most of the time, assuming you can aim :p

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
So, stupid question that I may be missing an obvious answer to, but when you unlock a new arena, are the newly available cards added to an existing pool for chests, or do you switch between arenas to access certain groups of cards? I ask because some cards like the Witch are shown as being in the Training Arena, but I assume I can't go back there and grind for it or whatever (not that I'm inclined to grind on this game).

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The wiki linked in the OP sez:
"Each arena will unlock new Card rewards.
Chests can always contain Cards from Arenas that you have already passed. Unlocking a new arena adds new cards to the Chest rewards- none are taken out.
If you retrieved Chests in a lower arena, it will only unlock Cards from that arena, even if you advance to a higher arena.
It is possible to be matched for the player to be matched with someone in a higher Arena higher and obtain the Arena's chest without actually being in that Arena."

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Mierenneuker posted:

The wiki linked in the OP sez:
"Each arena will unlock new Card rewards.
Chests can always contain Cards from Arenas that you have already passed. Unlocking a new arena adds new cards to the Chest rewards- none are taken out.
If you retrieved Chests in a lower arena, it will only unlock Cards from that arena, even if you advance to a higher arena.
It is possible to be matched for the player to be matched with someone in a higher Arena higher and obtain the Arena's chest without actually being in that Arena."

See, like I said, stupidly obvious! Thanks!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Wow Goblin Huts are insanely powerful.. Even standard Goblins and their ranged counterparts are much better than the base units.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Wow Goblin Huts are insanely powerful.. Even standard Goblins and their ranged counterparts are much better than the base units.

Yup I just got one and it's already great. Dump a giant in front of one and you can basically ignore that lane.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Sent a request to goondolences.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Applied to goondolences as clashofweed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I've been struggling to hit 1100 crowns for the past 3 hours. Everytime I'm 20 crowns away from hitting it, I get matched up against some fucker who has Minion hordes or a hog rider.

Who loving thought that was a good idea to match higher arena people against lower arenas?