Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This thread will not close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This thread fills a niche that justifies its existance, or would if it had a bit more traffic. That Mikeycp is largely the only one who posts in it is less an indictment of him and more a reflection of ADTRW's attitude towards podcasts in general: either we don't care, or we already have our favorites and don't feel the need to seek out others. Regardless, it's supposed to be a general hub for podcast sharing and discussion, just nobody else who's linked a podcast has really bothered to do anything else (except I guess Daryl Surat in passing). The result is only Mikeycp posts new episodes, and what limited conversation follows revolves exclusively around that.

It's innocent enough in its aims, but a thread that doesn't generate much conversation isn't much use to the subforum - even if it's more the "Fault" of the subforum. I'm not gonna gas it, nor would I anyway, but putting a timer on turning it around would probably be prudent as it otherwise takes up front page real estate whenever it gets bumped to little net benefit.

To you reading this: if you care about anime podcasts - either sharing your own or others you like, or discussing them - and you'd like to have this thread around as a place to engage with them, I suggest you make use of it. I'd like to see this thread a little more active, and a little more diverse in its posting, by the end of June. Otherwise, the best course of action would probably be to let it flounder.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
That's more than fair. If it happens it happens. No point in trying to force it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've recently been looking at podcasts that have been going a while, and just picking some of my favorite old episodes to listen to. For example, this is a fun podcast I liked.
http://animenostalgia.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-anime-nostalgia-podcast-ep-23.html

Any of you listening to an anime podcast that's been going on a while and have a favorite episode, or an episode about a show you like?

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Bad Seafood posted:

Regardless, it's supposed to be a general hub for podcast sharing and discussion, just nobody else who's linked a podcast has really bothered to do anything else (except I guess Daryl Surat in passing).

One of my cohosts moved away and only recently got their Internet set up at their new place, and between that, convention appearances, magazine articles, and a few pieces I wrote up for Anime News Network I haven't had time for podcasting. But I was a guest on GME! Anime Fun Time, the sister podcast to the Greatest Movie EVER! movie review podcast, to talk about Giant Robo The Animation: The Day the Earth Stood Still since the AWO episode on it is now literally from a decade ago:

https://gmepodcast.com/2016/07/03/gme-anime-fun-time-episode-20-giant-robo-the-animation/

The host of Anime Nostalgia follows me on Twitter! Which is the sign of all of the coolest anime podcasters, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I recommended Weekly Manga Recap and I forgot to mention they have live recordings Wednesdays at 7

Oh wait, that's today

Check it out Here!

• Locked thread