Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Atheistdeals.com posted:

Almost didn't want to do this for fear of getting 4 (or 5) poo poo years but whatever, sign me up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Bob Shabazz posted:

20. Atheistdeals.com (1961 Mickey Mantle, 1972 Melido Perez, 2012 Clayton Kershaw, 1957 Don Mossi)

Is 1972 Melido Perez supposed to be Marty Perez? Melido played in the 80s-90s. Also wow those are some poo poo years.

GROSS

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
You're right, it's Marty. Was apparently on autopilot there.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Wow Don Mossi was an all-star in 1957, I have to keep him.

I like Mantle but I can live without 1961, gimme a new man.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

1916 Tris Speaker

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Bob Shabazz posted:

1916 Tris Speaker

gently caress

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

That's a much better year!

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Bob Shabazz posted:

I GUESS

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

Bob Shabazz posted:

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I think a French soldier at Verdun would disagree!

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Bob Shabazz posted:

I wish I had one of those deadball years rip my team with modern pitching

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Looking for at least two more!

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I've gone ahead and generated horsemen for our two willing fills since it looks like we'll need them. Still just looking for two more!

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Reached out to Spalding to see if he wanted to do another season

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Going to be a few days before I can make a team. I know we are not full, just letting everyone know.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I have a team that I could enter but I will likely tear it down and start over again, because that is what I do.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

kensei posted:

I have a team that I could enter but I will likely tear it down and start over again, because that is what I do.

Everyone knows how this works. Build it once, put as many cubs on the team as possible and call it a day.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dumb Joe Morgan being a Horseman has me using an expensive Ryne Sandberg season, rip

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Sign me up!

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

We just need one more!

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Love the years, hate the players.

Oh well. Let's do this thing!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
here is the skeleton of what I'm thinking. obviously, some tweaking will happen, but kinda the bones of a roster I'm planning.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I haven't had free time in awhile but I'm going to try and build this weekend because thank god it's Spring Break

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

We still need one more person! If you know anyone you think might be willing let me know.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Not gonna lie, didn't expect DiMaggio to be filled before this.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Tavarin posted:

Not gonna lie, didn't expect DiMaggio to be filled before this.

Same, which is why I totally missed out on changing my budget

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Please don't die thread

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Ok I'll do this

I also haven't read the theme yet so I guess I'll do that now

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Hooray

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

That means we're full! I actually have to finish my team now so league number won't exist for a day or two.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

For the record I've asked for a re-roll of 2009 Lincecum

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Do we have a league ID

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

TMB asking the hard-hitting questions. I don't know if Shabazz can handle life in the Boye Zone.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

TMB asking the hard-hitting questions. I don't know if Shabazz can handle life in the Boye Zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw&t=38s

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

:siren: MLB115559 :siren:

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Sweet awesome thanks

Are there ballpark restrictions?

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Sweet awesome thanks

Are there ballpark restrictions?

Yeah I forgot to add this bit to the OP after I specified, adding it now.

Bob Shabazz posted:

I should specify a couple rules that I left out of the OP:

- Clones are allowed. There's a decent amount of people who have years clustered close together and otherwise that puts them at a disadvantage.
- Your eligible ballparks are any park one of your horsemen played in in his career

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Argh I have to change my park now

you motherfucker

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

gardenald posted:

Argh I have to change my park now

you motherfucker

May I suggest Chan Ho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
i'm in with deadball pitchers and the astrodome and the best team name

• Locked thread