Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'm in please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I need to re-roll Meacham because I can't have both my batters as SS please.

Eh screw it I will play him at 2B

kensei fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 4, 2016

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

yesssssssssssss lima time

That was my IRL reaction!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Trying to figure out pitching and hitting with the high and low players is challenging. My love/hate relationship with WiS is rekindled.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I'm playing an OL and a guy has Matt Kilroy. He's started 6 of the first 9 games :stare:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I have a team that I could enter but I will likely tear it down and start over again, because that is what I do.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Please don't die thread

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I have four slightly different iterations of this team and I can't figure out which one will suck less.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I'm in!

I'm going to redo it :negative:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

whichever one you don't go with

alternatively, you'll win 100+ games and finish third in your division

the kensei way

Funny you mention this

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Didn't you finish 3rd with 100 wins in prog also?

Yes, that's why it's so painful.

See this poo poo right here:

But this was cool:

kensei fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 29, 2016

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

it is a team

did most people draft the normalish number of starter innings then + their bad horse? i dunno how bad welzer is going to be or if i'm going to find myself super screwed there, but if i drafted another 100 good starter innings probably a bunch of them would be wasted anyway.

Tettleton - Boggs - HoJo-Clemens-Milacki :allears:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

NAME AND SHAME

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I bought a six pack of teams and entered a revision of my speed team into an open league because I got sick of waiting for this to start.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

The WiS Commish posted:

The next round of dynamic salary updates is scheduled for Tuesday, June 7th! The same process will be followed as last time.

We need another team stat or we'll have to start all over with rosters

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

#WELP

MLB115559 ($3,389,578) available

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

So we're done here? :sigh:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I miss you WiS

https://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=26876062&pid=1&pbp=1

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Made the playoffs with my switch hitting speed demons team, averaging 3.5 SB per game. It looks like I am playing a 2004 V-Mart with a D+ arm in the first round too :hawksin:

I tweaked the lineup a bit and I have another team with 176 SB in 32 games - averaging 5.5 per on my way to 20-12!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

SPEEEEEEED

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

10 SB in 4 playoff games against an A+ Catcher resulting in a 3-1 series win. My next series is against a D+ arm V-Mart.

My other team is still averaging 5.78 SB/game and is in First Place.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Swept the LCS. This is a crazy team.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Final game of the World Series: https://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=26940318&pid=1&pbp=1

I won in 6 games!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I'm the only person reading this any more, so for my amusement, here's the league batting statistics for my First Place Speed Kills team.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Thanks it's only my second world series win, and was totally unexpected. Speed is an interesting gimmick. I'm totally going to get motor boated in the ToC.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Some poor bastard in the ToC had a progressive team with the 1961 Braves and I swept him in the first round. I feel kinda bad about that.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

My other update - Speed Kills: 680 SB in 123 games, 82-41 with a 5 game lead.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Switch Hitting Speed Demons: Won the fifth and final game of their Sweet Sixteen match-up 14-2 and advance to the Great Eight, facing the #5 seed with a Brandon Inge catching.

Speed Kills: 93-49 with a 3 game lead. 755 SB against 178 CS so far.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Switch Hitting Speed Demons: Won the fifth and final game of their Great 8 match-up 7-4 and advance to the Final 4, facing another #7 seed with a Jack Doyle catching.

Speed Kills: 101-56 with a 1 game lead playing the #2 team in the division. 825 SB against 192 CS so far.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Switch Hitting Speed Demons: Won the first game of their Final 4 match-up 2-1.

Speed Kills: 102-60, won the Division via tiebreaker. 844 SB/196 CS. Facing an R Schalk A+ arm.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

This certainly was a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Lost in game 7 of the ToC Final 4. I'm only sad that it was a team built for an $80m cap that was in a $100m bracket, that was a hell of a handicap to overcome and I am proud the team made it that far.

• Locked thread