Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

What is it?
It's an open world, mission-based sandbox game about a guy with a momentum-cancelling hookshot and infinite parachutes. Also something about southeast Asia and dictators and modern Western imperialism, but who gives a poo poo about that when you've got a hookshot and parachute? I sure don't.

What kind of LP is this?
This is in no way a serious game, so this will be in no way a serious LP. I'm going to spend a lot of time trying to do stuff that looks cool, and not a lot of time thinking about the paper-thin 'story' that strings the action along.

Are you going to 100% the game?
Maybe if you paid me, but otherwise gently caress no.

Is there going to be any thread participation?
Well, you can pay me to 100% the game.

Aside that.
Of course. In a game as silly as this, I have gently caress all to talk about in an informative manner, so I'm going to have guest commentators join me in... pretty much every video, if I can manage it. If you're interested, just post in the thread or hit me up on Skype (same username).

What if we just want to participate from the thread?
There will still be chances there, too! The missions are focused around three factions, so everyone will have the chance to vote on which faction we do missions for. Additionally, I am a sucker for fan art and stuff like that, and may think of some way to reward contributions of that nature.

This seems oddly familiar.
Shut up.

Episodes:
Episode 1: Tutorial Mission - featuring Lt. Dans Legs
Episode 2: Tutorial Mission 2: Tutor Harder - featuring Lt. Dans Legs
Episode 3: Meeting People - featuring Waffleman_
Episode 4: Blowjob from Bolo - featuring Brassherald
Episode 5: Wild Car Safari - featuring Brassherald
Episode 6: Banana Car - featuring Manic_Misanthrope
Episode 7: Reaper Madness - featuring Occultatio
Episode 8: Shocking Surprise - featuring xenoveritas
Episode 9: Mile High Clones - featuring myxlplykx
Episode 10: Sir Dadu - featuring myxlplykx
Episode 11: May Be Offensive to Peter Dinklage - featuring myxlplykx
Episode 12: Fleeting Suspicions - featuring sermonfire
Episode 13: Slight Delay - featuring CJacobs
Episode 14: She Drives Me Crazy - featuring Dr. Snark
Episode 15: Better Missions - featuring Dr. Snark
Episode 16: Just Cause 3 Apparently Sucks - featuring xenoveritas
Episode 17: Tuk Tuk Boom Boom - featuring live commentary
Episode 18: The Final Strongholds - featuring CJacobs
Episode 19: Voice Acting Takes Flak - featuring HerpicleOmnicron5
Episode 20: Needs More Boom - featuring Xeno426
Episode 21: Better Call Saul (Sukarno) - featuring Liquid Dan (AKA Danaru)
Episode 22: Roaches Part 1 - featuring xenoveritas
Episode 23: Roaches Part 2 - featuring xenoveritas
Episode 24: The Final Factions - featuring CJacobs
Episode 25: Not a Moment Too Soon - featuring Waffleman_

CirclMastr fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Reserved.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 13: Slight Delay - featuring CJacobs

What do you mean I haven't updated this LP in four years? I don't remember that happening.

So hey, if I can drag anyone back into this thread, how about a vote? We're due up for faction missions, so who should get the honor - the Ular Boys, the Roaches. or DAH REEPAHS?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Snark posted:

Do you plan on doing anything with the multiplayer mod after the main LP is (hopefully) wrapped up? That seems like it'd make for amazing stream material.

I'm not going to fall for making any plans, that's how LPs die (or at least go into four-year comas).

Xenoveritas posted:

I'm still up for co-commentating, if you're OK with rants about why JC2 is a better game than JC3. (The answer is rings. So much flying/driving/boating through rings. loving rings.)

Uh, sounds the same as the races in JC2, unless... oh god don't tell me they made races mandatory.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Well, it looks like DAH REEPAHS win the vote, with 1. Expect that episode to come in less than four years.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 14: She Drives Me Crazy - featuring Dr. Snark

I really hope you like driving missions!

Next video will be the next 3 Reaper missions, followed by whatever gets voted on next!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So uh, I have good news and bad news to everyone voting Ular Boys.

The bad news is, I said the next video would be the other Reaper missions because I'd already recorded the footage. So yeah, Reapers are still next, but Ular Boys will follow that.

The good news is, the next three Reaper missions are actually decent.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 15: Better Missions - featuring Dr. Snark

Next up is five Ular Boys missions. Depending on length, they may get cut into two videos.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 16: Just Cause 3 Apparently Sucks - featuring xenoveritas

So, with the next set of stronghold missions being really close to unlocked, it's time for a vote on the next video!

Option 1: Car Safari complete with on-screen timer shenanigans, with some screwing around to build up the chaos (possibly offscreen).
Option 2: General Chaos perhaps with live commentary instead of post! Just blowing poo poo up, killing colonels, etc., until the strongholds unlock.
Option 3: Roaches missions which will be more than enough to unlock strongholds. Hell, with 5 Roaches missions, it might go past strongholds and unlock the next Agency mission too.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 17: Tuk Tuk Boom Boom - featuring live commentary

So, who wants to jump on the commentating train for the strongholds?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

So, who wants to jump on the commentating train for the strongholds?

Am I going to have to start begging random LPers to join me in this?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 18: The Final Strongholds - featuring CJacobs

Lots of missions on the map to do. Anyone have a preference for who we help out on the road to the next Agency mission?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 19: Voice Acting Takes Flak - featuring HerpicleOmnicron5

CommissarMega posted:

It's funny hearing you lot talk about how unnatural Bolo's accent is- it's actually quite accurate with respects to Chinese Singaporeans/Malays where I live. If anything, I'm a little more giggly over the fact that this supposed hardcore rebel leader sounds like she's teaching English to a bunch of primary school kids.

Relevant to this episode!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 20: Needs More Boom - featuring Xeno426

My apologies for not having enough high explosives for the second phase of that mission.

There's only one story mission to go, but first we have to unlock it. With the Reaper missions done for now, shall we tackle the Ular Boys missions, or the Roaches?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Isn't JC2 actually impossible to 100% due to a bug where one of the destructible objects either doesn't show up or doesn't count properly?

Yes, but there are any number of mods that fix it. It's a missing water tower, so any mod that adds it in will restore 100% completion ability.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 21: Better Call Saul (Sukarno) - featuring Liquid Dan (AKA Danaru)

For reference, here's a handy chart to... not really EXPLAIN Dan's state of mind, but at least elaborate upon it:

I know this is a longer video, but I'm priming for longer videos because 1) it will be quite a few more faction missions before the final mission unlocks, and 2) the final mission is pretty drat long.

CirclMastr fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 23, 2016

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 22: Roaches Part 1 - featuring xenoveritas
Episode 23: Roaches Part 2 - featuring xenoveritas

Conjoined into one update for the sake of... me wanting to do that, I suppose.

So hey it's time to vote on something! Should I finish the last faction missions, or skip straight to the final Agency mission?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 24: The Final Factions - featuring CJacobs

Now I just need a co-commentator for the finale.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I already recorded the footage for the finale.

Maybe we can do some sort of Car Safari Clusterfuck and get a bunch of commentators in on it. Just a matter of figuring out a time when people are available.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know why I'm surprised I haven't got a guest commentator for the finale yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 25: Not a Moment Too Soon - featuring Waffleman_

So as you can see, the final mission and the ending are perfectly reasonable and not at all silly.

If there's any interest in the clusterfuck video I'll probably do one, but it is hard enough to get ONE guest, let alone a clusterfuck-full.

• Locked thread