Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.
Edit

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

And what are you going to do with it?

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.
Edit

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Woah, aftermarket truck wheels that don't look like hot garbage.

Nice looking truck.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Oh man, de-blinging luxury cars is one of my favourite things.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Looks good! I'm not into "murdered out" cars but this looks good. I love rugged luxury SUV's. Someone on here posted pictures of a Lexus with Land Cruiser bumpers, a lift and nice off-road rims and tire, and it looked great.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Wow, it's amazing just what removing the running boards does for the look of that thing.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Looks really good. Now polish those headlamps! :)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dang, that's cheap for what you get. How many miles on it?

I'm wondering if I should have done this instead of getting a Silverado.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Lightbulb Out posted:

Woah, aftermarket truck wheels that don't look like hot garbage.

Nice looking truck.

Seriously. Big dumb logo's kind of a bummer, but those wheels look great on this thing.

Noise Complaint posted:

Wow, it's amazing just what removing the running boards does for the look of that thing.

Yeah, combined with pulling the roof rails, it totally changes the look of the truck.

Also, seconding the headlight polishing. I used a Sylvania kit a while back and it took a couple hours of work, but I was very happy with the results. If you do decide to polish them, do yourself a favor and remove them from the truck if you can.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Fuelslt1 posted:

I tried...the haze is on the inside of the lenses. I'm thinking of going with some black housings

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-Model-B...%3D172087959239

yeah do these. that'll be niiiiice.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
It looks really good. Personally I'd leave the door handles alone (a little chrome isn't bad, and that's pretty much all that's left) and put the Cadillac badge back on the grille, which looks nice in body color, I might add. It's one thing to tone it way down, another to make it look like the de-branded cars from tire commercials.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

DrakeriderCa posted:

Looks good! I'm not into "murdered out" cars but this looks good. I love rugged luxury SUV's. Someone on here posted pictures of a Lexus with Land Cruiser bumpers, a lift and nice off-road rims and tire, and it looked great.

Theres always something nice about someone taking something that was purely designed to do the school mum run and taking it offroad and using it HARD.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
What a beast, looks fantastic.

My friend in Colorado is looking for a cheap luxury off-roader, going to recommend one of these for sure.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Those things are rad as gently caress, I drove a Lexus land cruiser across the upper Midwest once on dirt roads and forest roads and whatnot.

Not sure how cheap that's gonna be in Colorado, they usually pay outrageous amounts for anything Toyota 4x4.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Looks sexy as gently caress. Every vehicle looks better blacked out.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

And what are you going to do with it?

Shove it up his rear end?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
How did you deal with the auto ride and the self leveling suspension?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Very nice. My avalanche is from that same generation of gm long wheel base vehicles and has put up with a surprising amount of abuse. The only real damage I managed to do was shearing one of the bolts on the front driver upper control arm after going off a drop way too fast. If you do decide you want some running boards again, the tubular ones off of an avalanche 03-06 "without" the body cladding should be able to mount up if you nab the brackets with it. They'll sit out from the body and are much better in day to day use while looking a hell of alot nicer.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 15, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fuelslt1 posted:

The leveling kit is just torsion keys for the front and spring perch + shock mount spacers for the back. The auto ride & self leveling shouldn't be affected.

Did you have any issues with alignment afterwards and what kit did you use?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

leica posted:

Shove it up his rear end?

There is a continuum from full bro-trucking, to mall-crawling, to actually using it off road. I was wondering where on that continuum he fell.

Elmnt80 posted:

Did you have any issues with alignment afterwards and what kit did you use?

The front torsion raise is super simple and doesn't make any substantive alignment changes. I think his rear lift is just spacers/brackets, so there's a good chance it's a generic kit. It's easy to get a quick couple inches out of those trucks.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 5, 2016

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Fuelslt1 posted:

I'm going to put stacks, truck nutz and RealTree/Calvin Pissing/Chevy Bowtie stickers on it then hard park it on a plowed snow bank outside of the gym.

That's what I was hoping. Carry on.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Fuelslt1 posted:

I'm going to put stacks, truck nutz and RealTree/Calvin Pissing/Chevy Bowtie stickers on it then hard park it on a plowed snow bank outside of the gym.

There's a guy at my gym that does this with a beat to poo poo Subaru wagon. I can never tell if he's serious or not but I'd like to think it's the latter.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

So, which shady three-letter government agency do you work for?

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
I'm digging your truck. There is a TV show I shamelessly watch called Chicago PD and their vehicle of choice is a blacked out Escalade that I always thought would look great as an off-roader.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Dreadite
Dec 31, 2004

College Slice
Looks really good. Add sliders and some arb-style offroad bumper.

Notax
May 14, 2014

I don't mean to rag on your new ride, but the entire range of Denial trucks (even with the new blacked up kit) always look like the Tahoe...

:shobon:

good choice on the wheels, though

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

djhaloeight
Jan 23, 2007

techno mafia.
Looks great! Minus the grill it could be mistaken for a Tahoe, especially from the rear 3/4 view. I like the idea. Luxury interior with a tough exterior.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fun fact, there were 3 versions of escalade during this time period, the regular tahoe based one, the avalanche based one (EXT) and a suburban based one (ESV). The latter two were on a seperate chassis along with the yukon xl which is a modified full size truck chassis. The Escalade ESV is sadly the only one without the optional 8.1l engine. God knows why, It probably would have sold like hotcakes.

• Locked thread