Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when I was in Scotland, they had this beer I can' t remember the name of they called "wifebeater", which was a bit :randstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Randaconda posted:

when I was in Scotland, they had this beer I can' t remember the name of they called "wifebeater", which was a bit :randstare:

That’s a nickname for Stella Artois all over the UK.
Perhaps Lowtax would like it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helith posted:

That’s a nickname for Stella Artois all over the UK.
Perhaps Lowtax would like it.

the most cynical :lmao:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

In Australia we call Bundaberg Rum either DV (domestic violence) Juice or karate champagne.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I've never seen MD 20/20 in the wild. I always wanted to try them after reading some ancient early 2000s website that reviewed wino/hobo beverages.

Those Johnny Bootlegger things are all over the place though. They taste like a cheap/lovely version of sugary fruit liqueurs that you're supposed to use as part of a mixed beverage? Maybe they are good with a shot of vodka in some club soda??

I have never seen MD 20/20 for sale, I have however seen it in some redneck fridges in Kansas. I was actually given a bottle of it once because the owner of it didn't like the flavor. This was the beginning of my drinking career so I can't tell you a damned thing about it.

Never heard of Johnny Bootlegger before this thread.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I've taken a few sips from a pre-caffeine ban 4LOKO....it was awful. It tasted like someone poured all the coolaid powder into one cup of drink, added a ton of grain alcohol, and also a nice bitter caffeine after taste. Just awful.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've taken a few sips from a pre-caffeine ban 4LOKO....it was awful. It tasted like someone poured all the coolaid powder into one cup of drink, added a ton of grain alcohol, and also a nice bitter caffeine after taste. Just awful.

Post-caffeine tastes exactly the same, HTH

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steel Reserve is weird. Sometimes it's gross, sometimes it tastes alright. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Post-caffeine tastes exactly the same, HTH

LOL good to know. I never got to try Spark, I wish I had when it was around.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
One of the darkest times of my misspent youth began with the discovery and capture of a whole pallet of 4loko out of the (locally well known) beer dumpster.

Literally my memories of those months are worse than my memories of the months where we were carving lines out of a fist-sized chunk of molly. İ have discrete flashes: vomiting undigested tomato sauce in an ark across a crust punk apartment, scaling a fence while running from the cops, inadvisable hookups, etc. That poo poo could very well be a life-ruiner.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bomrek posted:

One of the darkest times of my misspent youth began with the discovery and capture of a whole pallet of 4loko out of the (locally well known) beer dumpster.

Literally my memories of those months are worse than my memories of the months where we were carving lines out of a fist-sized chunk of molly. İ have discrete flashes: vomiting undigested tomato sauce in an ark across a crust punk apartment, scaling a fence while running from the cops, inadvisable hookups, etc. That poo poo could very well be a life-ruiner.

Checks thread....:yikes:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bomrek posted:

inadvisable hookups

mods, change Bomrek's handle to this.

tia

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Mike's Hard [Beverage] should get an honorable mention in the bumwine catalog. I made the mistake of buying a sampler pack and drinking 7 of them in one night. The mango and lemonade were OK, the others were terrible. The hangover was worse.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

redgubbinz posted:

Mike's Hard [Beverage] should get an honorable mention in the bumwine catalog. I made the mistake of buying a sampler pack and drinking 7 of them in one night. The mango and lemonade were OK, the others were terrible. The hangover was worse.

Absolutely. I still have a soft spot for Hard Lemonade...had some really great times getting tore up on that poo poo in my late teens. We were sipping it one night and this buddy was talking about some girl, nother buddy goes "give me her phone number, I'll call her right now..." So he calls this girl on the land line...no answer, leaves message: "This is TYLER, and I'm gonna BLAST YOU IN THE ASSSSSSSSS!" We all die laughing, it's the stupidest thing ever, no clue why this person made this phone call. The gal calls my friend the next day, isn't mad, is slightly intrigued...what a time.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ArtisticScratchyCalf-mobile.mp4
this whole thing is insane, esp the papyrus font.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

loving gross

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I've always wondered about this kind of food whether other people can unhinge their jaw to eat it. Or do they eat their burgers with knife and fork and just pretend they can take a bite? Weird.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Pouring hot grease onto cheese to melt it is a trick I never thought I'd learn, and never wanted to learn.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i had to get on mobile to watch that because it's like twice my laptop's resolution

anyway, would. it's a deep fried frittata (omelette?) breakfast sandwich. a spoonful of hot grease to melt the cheese is whatever, it pours right off

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Breakfast?! That's a lunch right there jfc

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bomrek posted:

I had a friend in college that knew someone who worked at the beer distro, which got a huge shipment of generic 4loko I forget what it was called, but no one was buying it and it was about to get past the sell by date so they gave them away to the employees. This guy ended up with something like 10 cases of 24 Oz tall boys and gave me one of them. One day I drank like 4 or maybe more and legit thought I was going to die, I was so loving drunk and just wanted to sleep but had so much caffeine in my system that it was impossible, worst weekend ever.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
if egg is the main protein then it is by law breakfast, or brunch if it's sunday. :colbert:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

i had to get on mobile to watch that because it's like twice my laptop's resolution

anyway, would. it's a deep fried frittata (omelette?) breakfast sandwich. a spoonful of hot grease to melt the cheese is whatever, it pours right off

Hold ctrl and scroll down, you can zoom out on pages. I find these drat gifs embedded and paste them here and they turn into full resolution videos...sorry, not sure how to fix it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Worst thing I ever drank was a peach beer at this now closed brewpub. I was expecting something like an IPA with peach overtones, but it was like getting punched in the face by a fruit roll-up. Just cloyingly sweet

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Worst thing I ever drank was a peach beer at this now closed brewpub. I was expecting something like an IPA with peach overtones, but it was like getting punched in the face by a fruit roll-up. Just cloyingly sweet

Abita Purple Haze had me hosed up thinking fruity beers were good, because it's loving good...then I tried Shiner Strawberry beer and it's like someone poured strawberry jam into a beer and it just totally sucks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LifeSunDeath posted:

Not enough pickles

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm the "tumeric"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

TheAardvark posted:

I just right click and hit view video, because even if the forum's scaling doesn't work, the browser's normally does.

TheAardvark posted:

if egg is the main protein then it is by law breakfast, or brunch if it's sunday. :colbert:

Checks out, cake is a breakfast food.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I can't tell if I would or would not

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't tell if I would or would not

Coward.

I absolutely would.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Guess what this is.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Duckula posted:

Guess what this is.

Vegan cheddar Bay biscuits

Served in a diaper

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bomrek posted:

Original 4Loko was basically PCP. It would turn the gentlest people into super-nimble monsters intent on destroying themselves and everything around them. One guy I knew had to be wrestled down because he was darting into traffic and trying to open the doors of cars driving past him

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sailor Cat posted:

Original 4Loko was basically PCP. It would turn the gentlest people into super-nimble monsters intent on destroying themselves and everything around them. One guy I knew had to be wrestled down because he was darting into traffic and trying to open the doors of cars driving past him

Basically.

I'm pretty sure the last time I vomited due to alcohol was on OG 4 Loko.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

LifeSunDeath posted:

This is just a breaded and deep fried egg cheese "burger"?

Would. WOuld for seconds thirds 11sies second breakfast 4th lunch and dinner.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Jul 2, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Fattest PI posted:

You dumb idiots think you like peanut butter and jelly? I bet you think you like reeses peanut butter cups too.
I found these at some nowheresville convenience store.

Hahaha I forgot the brand name was MegaLoad hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Sailor Cat posted:

I don't know why anyone would want to mix alcohol making their body not work as well and slow down with caffeine to make them restless and unable to stay still, so they can't do anything right, but they can't stop doing things.