Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You've gotta post the tweet that goes with this one, because it's hilarious, and relevant now that we have the food fads rolled in.

https://twitter.com/veganrevoiution/status/592329814058639360

I constantly balance not eating meat with getting enough protein since I lift. That is not near enough protein for a meal for anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Those 'premium' ballpark hotdogs are fuckin so good.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/stinkler_/status/729705365189894144

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You have to rinse your bread. That just makes sense.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
I'm not entirely sure if vegans can really eat any kind of yeast bread, though, as yeast are technically alive? Kind of?
It's certainly more killing per square inch than milking a cow, so can they really take the "no suffering" angle here? :confused:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Dooky Dingo posted:

I'm not entirely sure if vegans can really eat any kind of yeast bread, though, as yeast are technically alive? Kind of?
It's certainly more killing per square inch than milking a cow, so can they really take the "no suffering" angle here? :confused:

Vegans can't wash themselves because it kills innocent bacteria

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Veganism just cares about animal products. Yeast is a fungus. gently caress fungi.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

They also can't eat plants because it kills the plant.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

They also can't eat plants because it kills the plant.

They can still eat seeds and poop in the wild though.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tendales posted:

Veganism just cares about animal products. Yeast is a fungus. gently caress fungi.

You're not a fun guy.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You're not a fun guy.

Come on buddy, there's not mushroom for that kind of attitude here I'm so sorry

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You have to rinse your bread. That just makes sense.

Cash crab knows this to be true.

For content, Chicago food is tasty. That said, the presentation on a lot of cornerstone Chicago establishments can be lacking. I'm in town for a wedding and needed to make sure I didn't leave without getting some of the classics in my disgusting husk.

The first up, the traditional Chicago style got dog. Vienna Beef dog, poppy seed bun, sport peppers, onion, neon green relish, tomato, and mustard:

The Italian beef sandwich on its own is a Chicago staple. Thinly sliced beef marinated in its own heavy, a Turano bread roll, and hot or sweet peppers/giardiniera. The Polish sausage is also a Chicago classic, usually served on a bratwurst bun. But what if you combine the two and dip the whole thing in the gravy? You get the combo sandwich:

I had both for lunch.

God bless Chicago and God bless Al's Italian Beef.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 15:41 on May 29, 2016

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Is that "poo poo on a Shingle" (dried beef on toast[rehydrated dried beef with a white gravy on toast])? If done properly, it's really good. In fact, in a few "comfort food" restaurants I've been to, it's on the menu. At, like $15 a plate. It used to be "poor food".

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.

Could you get cheese on that or would that be like asking for cheese on a pulled pork sandwich in the south(i.e. fightin' words)?

canis minor
May 4, 2011

mmmm, bread soup

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/bridgeshickman/status/730540406983766016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Wegmans recon report: Premium Ballpark franks were not present, surprisingly. Pretty much just a wall of assorted plain hotdogs.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
They carry those premium ballpark franks at Walmart around here

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

hot dogs are an sandwich

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Once, I accidentally mistook the powdered sugar for cornstarch. I got increasingly frustrated as my Japanese curry refused to thicken and it was a good half cup of sugar before I realized my mistake. That said, it was for an enormous pot of curry and after my roommates stopped laughing at me, they thought it was delicious and asked me to do it again next time.

From the same Twitter (the first image, anyway):

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Gentwise posted:

Could you get cheese on that or would that be like asking for cheese on a pulled pork sandwich in the south(i.e. fightin' words)?

No, you can not do that. I'm not even sure cheese would taste good on a beef.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

From my experience on a farm there's usually a good amount of milk left for the calf to enjoy.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lard Goat posted:

I've had a pretty hipsterish pulled pork sandwich that had smoked gouda in it and it was pretty loving great.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Lard Goat posted:

As an eater of pulled pork poutine, I say there are no 'pulled pork with cheese' rules.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

As an eater of pulled pork poutine, I say there are no 'pulled pork with cheese' rules.

Wrong thread, Buck-o.

Have, would, masturbate thinking about doing it again.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

TontoCorazon posted:

From my experience on a farm there's usually a good amount of milk left for the calf to enjoy.

Cows produce so much excess they don't even notice what's gone. And honestly calves are so dang friendly they'd share anyway if they knew what was going on.

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

That isn't pulled pork, that is an italian beef. They are not alike at all.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

TontoCorazon posted:

I've had a pretty hipsterish pulled pork sandwich that had smoked gouda in it and it was pretty loving great.

It sounds pretty loving great.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Lard Goat posted:

That isn't pulled pork, that is an italian beef. They are not alike at all.

I took that photo, it's pulled pork, dude.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It's funny, but the problems were mostly reported by people who ate one or more entire bags in one sitting, but then the news took off with it.

The last chips to use Olestra in the US were Fat Free Pringles that they just discontinued this year.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Trent posted:

It's funny, but the problems were mostly reported by people who ate one or more entire bags in one sitting, but then the news took off with it.

The last chips to use Olestra in the US were Fat Free Pringles that they just discontinued this year.

It was less than a whole bag (unless you mean one of those one person little bags). It was tragic all the way down...

For some of us.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

please do not post my private medical files

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Lard Goat posted:

Maybe I'm misreading this, but have you never had a cheeseburger?

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Zipperelli. posted:

Maybe I'm misreading this, but have you never had a cheeseburger?

A beef, in this context, means an Italian beef sandwich, not just any ol' cow meat.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

A beef, in this context, means an Italian beef sandwich, not just any ol' cow meat.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying because I was seriously confused here for a minute.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Album, if that's your thing: https://imgur.com/a/aw262

Reddit explanation if that's your thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/4lhlmo/tifureally_badly_making_kraft_mac_n_cheese/

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

cash crab posted:

hot dogs are an sandwich

I chop these up and put them in pasta bakes. They taste pretty nice

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gentwise posted:

I've never seen this before, now that I think about it. More power to you if you wanna put cheese on it though, I'm obnoxiously picky so I'm not gonna judge anyone unless they're pulling vegetables fresh out the dirt and going to town on them right there like life is a game of Don't starve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Out of curiosity, what's the AFP Thread's opinion of fried egg on a burger?

I'll probably be getting a burger with either goat cheese or gouda and a fried egg in roughly 13 hours for a ~trip report~