Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know the vegan captain crunch was brought up right pages ago but...

Putting veggie cubes in almond milk, adding a dash of cinnamon, calling it vegan cinnamon toast crunch. That's just, that's just wrong. Especially because there is at least one company out there which already makes vegan cinnamon toast crunch. In fact, the only reason why regular cinnamon toast crunch isn't vegan is because they fortify it with a vitamin that's derived from animals.

If you want to eat raw veggies and you want it to incorporate almond milk there are many vegan almond milk salad dressing recipes out there. And if you want an almond-based cinnamon dipping sauce there's a vegan recipe out there for you too. They both involve a few minutes more prep time than just pouring out some almond milk, but they should provide a much more satisfying experience.

Also, savory nut paste is not and never will be cheese. It is delicious and nutritious but calling it a cheese is an insult to cheese and an insult to savory nut paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

I feel ya, I hated the stuff.

Okay, I see what looks like a mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs thing, fried mystery meat with breading made out of the color red, and country gravy spiced up with maybe 25 grains of pepper.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd guess subway style marinara sauce.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

Marinara sauce? The hell?

Don't get mad at me. You said sauce and left us to fill in the blanks. And that's the only thing I can think of there that's specifically called a sauce (albeit filled with meatballs).

Everything else is usually considered a dressing or a condiment. Yes, those are also sauces; but I figured if you meant a vinaigrette dressing or ranch dressing or mayo you would have said one of those.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Those look like raw intestines freshly filled with fat and organ meat from the hobo that they slaughtered to get said intestines.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Samizdata posted:

YOU might order that for a table of 4.

:saddowns:

Not me.

Are you going for a "I'm fat" joke or an "I have no friends" joke? I want to know what sort of guilty to feel.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

What am I looking at?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

If he's anything like my flying and tokay geckos, he'll bite first. Hard. Then scream at you about it and run away.

"Blood, I taste blood. This is raw! Why is this raw!"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Okay, I recognize the pink sidewalk chalk, is the yellowish substance stuffing that someone tried to puree?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Okay, I can see taking a big bite out of the sandwich and finding out the chicken is raw, but that looks like at least three bites.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The only generic cereal I've ever had problems with has been Cheerios. The generic stuff looks and tastes like they added extra air to make it puffier.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I remember $1 steak. I still don't understand who it was being marketed to...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Is that hash of some kind?

I'm getting vibes of eggs, onion, curry powder, whole wheat croutons, and potatoes coming together in a misguided attempt to make a vegetarian all-in-one breakfast bowl.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are there any casual dining chains that don't depend on frozen entrees in one form or another?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gamma Nerd posted:

Why were jews eating bacon?

Because new covenant with God. Or because there is no God. Or because hypocrites pick and choose what they can and can't do in God's name.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

At first I thought it was just a very patriotic french grilled cheese sandwich. Like someone had added a red and a blue dye to a naturally white cheese.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Xen Tricks posted:

Oh man, I loved that site when I was a kid! Around 03-05 it was the funniest thing, I'm so sad to see its actually dead. It was around last I saw which had to have been a while now. I'll always remember the candy that was a good percentage "ash" and as well as the hideously salty devil pit that would not leave your mouth no matter what.

I miss the website too. I think Neopets is still going. But when I checked it last it looked as if some of the images and links were broken.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I'd like to see that episode of "Supersizers".

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Never forget Todd.

I swear, Loss edits are becoming more and more abstract.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

I had some tonight, and I dunno, the Cheetoness of the crust seemed to be pretty evident. :shrug:

The inside is not a creamy mix of macaroni and cheese sauce though, it's more like a mealy orange cheesy mush in which occasional bits of pasta can be detected.

It's not bad, but a 5-piece order was more than enough for me.

I had some the same day I found out that they were being sold. Turns out there are two locations selling them nearby.

I really have to agree with this. It looked and tasted like someone added 5 pieces of mac and cheese to a batch of corn dog batter that had cheese powder mixed in. They were also slightly overcooked. I'm still not sure if they were fried first, frozen, and then bake-reheated, or baked, frozen, and then microwaved, or what. But they certainly tasted like they were cooked, frozen, and then cooked again.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Going back to bacon in a tube, that can't keep safe for long can it? Will we see people try this and get sick?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they wanted to make a dagwood but all they had were packs of meat and a few slices of cheese?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Jarred alfredo is a ten-year-old boy walking to the liquor store at 8:00AM on a Tuesday because Mommy is too "sick" to buy her own “medicine”

I read that at Jared Alfredo. Between that and hearing people ragging on jarred sauces I can't help but imagine the life of this poor, 10 year old child of broke and broken Italian immigrants who everyone hates.

I'm not laughing AT him, I'm laughing WITH him. While he cries. Because he was beaten up for carrying a box of pasta made out of semolina flour thru the gluten-free district.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tuna Pizza. No pizza rules?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How about pizza best standards and practices?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There are no pizza rules or codes of ethics. I checked. Things are so dire that people learning the pizza business have to borrow the AMA code of ethics.

http://wpweb2.tepper.cmu.edu/ethics/AA/mktg06-notes.pdf

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I believe they've ruled that Pizza Napolitina has to come from Napolitina. Here's the relevant finding in a language I don't read.

[url]http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:c:2008:040:0017:0025:DE:PDF[/url]

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Forgall posted:

Good news everyone.

The article title is misleading. It's about a dumb town that sucks at sports, not the dumb condiment that sucks at flavoring.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What if you sous vide'd the donut burger instead of nuked it?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

I have this horrible feeling it would come out looking like the first test monkey in The Fly.

Now I feel like we need a sous vide equivalent to "will it blend?".

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tell me about the rarebit, George.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They're obviously tiny pastries.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why is Walmart selling escargot and caviar?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I had a thought. What if you made a gluten-free crust that embraced it's structural properties?

Like, what would happen if you did something like made very thin disks of gluten free pizza, say crepe thin. Put one on top of the other, maybe add some seasonings, then gave them the pizza treatment?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Please do a taste test.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll forgive sushi not having any fish or having some other protein but why not have rice?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is my best guess for her thought process.

She wanted cinnamon and she wanted crunchy and she wanted raw. Because baking fruit chips and sprinkling cinnamon on top could rob the fruits of vital essences and/or effort. And what's crunchier than vegetables?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If she wanted a cereal substitute and she was being that literal with the cinnamon part and the crunch part she'd also have to add the milk. Because what's breakfast cereal if it doesn't have some kind of milk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pyrotoad posted:

When I was at university the local high street had street food stalls in the open air market. Mostly doughnuts and chips, sometimes there was a sketchy dude selling fish out the back of his van.

This sounds like the makings of a great comedy sketch.