Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

deadly_pudding posted:

I want to give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's a chocolate souffle? My grandmother used to make cheese souffle that came in a similarly dome-like configuration.

That's clearly a chocolate hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I kinda like a chartreuse now and again, but anything anise-flavored makes me feel like this woman:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
If there's a .pizza domain, there has to be a registry of .pizza names.

Pizza rules!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Loose corn doesn't look so bad now.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

Happy Easter, everyone!

Is it "loose corn" if just one kernel gets loose?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Code Jockey posted:

I don't know, but it's American as gently caress

Pingiivi posted:

"Oetker served in the Waffen-SS before he became the president of their family-run business in 1944, inherited from his grandfather August Oetker, who invented a popular mixture of baking powder."

Oh...

Dr Oetker's secret lair, 1949: "So, you Americans think you are so wonderful? I'll show you the most American food of all, and it will be horrible!" {Cue thunder}

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

It's shiny for the exact reason you think it is.

I don't know about the outside, but pork and prunes can be pretty tasty together, especially if you souse the prunes in wine first.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

AlbieQuirky posted:

Street corn was king in the US in the 19th century, but now you have to go to Mexico for it. I would totally eat street corn if it caught on again up here, now that street pretzels will kill me.

Hot corn girls! One of the only things I distinctly remember from reading The Gangs of New York. I probably remember other things, but don't remember where I heard of them, but the hot corn girls I certainly go from there.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I'm pretty sure there's a band called Hot Corn Girls.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
She's got corn,
She knows how to use it.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Picnic Princess posted:

The Universe is a sandwich, and we are the mold.

For the Sandwich is hollow, and I have touched the Bread.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Hempuli posted:

"Cognac grapes"

That is clearly Armagnac

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

You know you can get dried peppermint leaves, right?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The Snoo posted:

have a sip

This isn't getting enough love.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

bike tory posted:

A grilled cheese sandwich dipped in tomato soup is basically the same thing as ravioli.

Before cooking, a raviolo's dough is raw. A grilled cheese sandwich is made with already-baked bread.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Time for thos beans

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Looks like a devil's food Smith Island cake.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

cash crab posted:

I can tell I am depressed because my brain reads this as an efficient way to get enormous amounts of calories in one go and I am VERY interested

Pastry of the Year posted:

baby girl that rubik's cube will shoot right through you and all you'll have left in your tummy is a puzzle
I just kind of liked it.

Edit: I am in very good company.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Scrambled egg on a bed of Procrustes?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

My Lovely Horse posted:

I feel like the candle should be part of the meal. Like, the waiter lights it for you at the start, and for one mid-meal course just brings out these dry crackers that blow your mind when you realize you're supposed to dip them in the now softened candle that is actually some loving delicious herb-infused butter concoction.

I think the temptation is supposed to be to toss the candle aside and insist on using the saucer for the cheese mess.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Needs a starboard.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The mstard/ketchup rim does nothing if one sips through the saustraw.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Backstory: the other day I was at a Goodwill outlet store, where they sell stuff in un-sorted bins by the pound. A few fellow middle-aged women and I were sifting through carts full of books, and I piped up with "Hey, if anyone finds 'The Joy of Cooking', I lost my copy when I moved here last year. Keep an eye out? I'm sure there's gotta be one here." Sure enough, not 2 minutes later one woman holds up a battered copy and says "You were looking for this?"

Thing is, it's a 1974 edition, not the 90's one I learned to cook with. And hooooo boy, is it chock-a-block full of AFP like so:

75 cents well spent. No pictures, but boy howdy have I been enjoying casually reading this earlier edition. If anyone needs to know how to dress a woodchuck (pro-tip: remove the 7-9 sacs in the small of the back and under the forearm), I got you.

My copy is more recent, but it does tell how to skin a squirrel. Apparently, you carefully cut the skin down the belly, then round the neck. Then, putting your foot on its head, you pull the skin down backwards towards the tail. I have never had a need for this information, so I pass it on to the thread.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
What I don't get is Mr Burger Patriot not recognizing the Sloppy Joe as standard middle-American suburban Republican chow.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
What does "an inadequate sin of the ability to cook a baby in the mother's milk" even mean?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Cholula has a chipotle sauce that I quite like on eggs.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

Footballs are brown

When they're ripe.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
A good oatmeal cookie is a very good cookie. but what people overlook is that a bad oatmeal cookie is still a good cookie. Bad sugar cookie? Bad. Bad chocolate chip cookie? Ugh. But a bad oatmeal cookie still has potential that can be unlocked, often with ice cream.

For what it's worth, I like raisins and anchovies but never developed a taste for pineapple.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Carl Switzer, huh? They must use alfalfa as a filler.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I think it's cream of olives. And I would.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Out of stable-at-room temperature maple syrup, but you have wilt-within-days green onions?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

There's no cream in spaghetti carbonara god dammit

So who said it was carbonara before you did?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Maybe it has shellfish in it, maybe it's just pastry. Honestly, with all the excitement, we're not sure.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Usul has ordered a big one!

Again, it is the recipe.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Horse looks like cow? I just got a million dollar idea.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

M_Sinistrari posted:

The maggots are known to jump and go for the eyes.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Grand Fromage posted:

People keep posting this like it's a joke or something but I don't see the problem.

Did you not notice that she's wearing her hat backwards like some sort of scrub?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

LadyPictureShow posted:

Why... why is this pie issuing a dire warning? Is it because it's past the 'best by' date?

It says, "Look out". What more do you want?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
What about the narrow end of the egg, the part with no yolk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

I always think of kebabs being those delicious grilled sticks of meat and vegetables. Seeing people call gyros and shawarmas "kebabs" is freaking me out man.

Kebab is the roasted meat. Shish is the skewer.