Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I know there is everything wrong with that pizza but it makes me sad that their 'favourite toppings' are just the seasonings that should be in the goddamn sauce (which looks like plain tomato paste) :smith:

Also what the gently caress is homemade 'cheeze' ugh it better not be yeast

snoo has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Mar 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Those doughnuts look so sad.

Veganism is a 'great' way to disguise an eating disorder!! Makes it seem less weird when you refuse food. :smith:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

subpar anachronism posted:

I know spaghetti napolitan (the japanese kind, not actual neapolitan) uses ketchup but I don't think they add even more sugar.

'guaranteed no chunks'

I'll make spaghetti sauce with smooth (canned) tomato sauce sometimes but this sounds really silly and kinda gross to me, idk

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Ketchup has a nice vinegar/tomato/salt combo but ehhh

Picnic Princess posted:

The 'chunks' are usually vegetables which are delicious and good so gently caress chunkless sauce.

:agreed:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Hunt's doesn't have HCFS, seemed like they were making a big deal about it when they stopped using it. Still pretty sweet though.

I was thinking about this earlier but afaik they stopped with the no-hfcs (they used regular sugar instead) for whatever reason. I still like hunts because because it's cheaper and tastes fine.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Have you people never had vodka sauce or anything, smooth pasta sauce is totally a thing :psyduck:

A ton of sauces involve cooking a lot of vegetables together and then blending at the end for a smoother texture.

I think this is more about the person who likes ketchup on their pasta because it doesn't have discernable vegetables in it, rather than hating on smooth tomato/vegetable sauces. Because they ARE good! But 'my favourite spaghetti sauce is ketchup' sounds like a 5-year-old-child kind of thing :v:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

also

only 2?? thank god

We tried some of the maple cream soda and it was okay for 25 cents a bottle :v:

edit: at least two of those are soap, sorry!! at least they're kinda food

snoo has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Apr 12, 2016

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Plinkey posted:

Aren't CareOne brands sold at Giant? I recognize that symbol from somewhere.

:ssh: (yes and they share branding with stop & shop apparently)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

There's also some random maple-blueberry-pancake ice cream, and probably something with bacon too. I love giant's store brand stuff because I'm a filthy poor and I'm sure some of it is okay. Probably would've been appropriate for the food trends thread. :)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

^ That product is probably better than what my oldest brother has done for years: reuse the rectangular plastic containers from microwavable ramen. Over and over.

Also ramen with butter and sugar!! :barf:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

bringmyfishback posted:

Now listen up, children, Imma tell you some poo poo:

Store brand is frequently the expensive/name-brand poo poo, but repackaged.

I meant that I was sure some of the bacon/maple stuff was okay, and that I like the store brand stuff; those things were meant to be separate :v: I almost always buy store brand things, but thanks for a good post!

We are moving soon and will be a bit closer to wegmans on the bus line so we'll actually be able to buy (store brand) frozen vegetables there without them melting, along with other things, and I love trader joes, too.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Catnipped posted:

Tiggum posted:

If those are peas, why are they brown?
Black-eyed peas.

I think it's canned peas, which are depressingly grey-green, and also really nasty, mixed with bad lighting. :smith:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

At least those steamed (and seasoned, it looks like!) vegetables are better than that 'healthy vegan breakfast' consisting of beans and toast. They'd be 10000% better roasted in the oven, though.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I would enjoy all of those bloody marys with several kinds of fried animals in them, except I don't drink, so replace that with cold vegetable juice :getin:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

zandert33 posted:

Get a "virgin Mary" instead?

Should have refreshed before posting... :(

Tiggum posted:

What you want is a virgin mary. Way better than plain tomato juice.

Ahh, I don't go to bars or whatever so I didn't know these were a thing, but they sound really good :3: I'll have to make them sometime, thank you!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

This one is cute

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I don't like this

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

Swedish Fish

I bought a $1 box of swedish fish the other day and I was really disappointed because they were coated in an oily film and tasted... fishy. It was nasty. My brother had a regular bag of them, as opposed to the box, and they were fine and not gross. :confused:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I ate actual sardines this morning :colbert:

They were the red swedish fish, yeah. It just seemed really gross. I was wary on describing it as 'fishy' but that's seriously what it tasted like.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

To be fair, I don't buy the $1 sardines (king oscars), so I probably won't end up making that mistake. :v:

I'm sure the cheapo sardines taste better than my swedish fish, unfortunately.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I put a pinch of sugar in my tomato sauces for the flavour but yikes

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I love shrimp but those tiny salad shrimps are gross and watery. Honestly that entire dish still looks half-frozen

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I feel like those waffles are still frozen :(

Also I would like to make these but maybe fry the ham and not have watery-rear end lookin eggs or cum on it.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

We don't have a lot of dishes (and almost all of my bad food photography takes place in one flat bowl) but why do I see so many people eating out of paper bowls and paper plates in their homes???? I'll admit that I let dishes sit in the sink for a few hours or overnight if I'm lazy, and to be fair I developed severe hand eczema from washing dishes in the past few months, but they're not an insurmountable task that makes me want to buy disposable stuff. Buy a drat plate

snoo has a new favorite as of 01:04 on Sep 1, 2016

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Un chien andalou posted:

Maybe wear gloves to do the dishes? Bonus is that you can set the water hotter than you normally do for extra clean dishes!

I do have gloves now :3:

This is my kind of lazy, fat dinner.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I love eggs :getin: and I'm a fan of most except for soft-boiled and the kind of fried egg where you don't flip it... I want to try the raw egg over ramen/soup/whatever sometime but I'm a big baby and usually do a hard-boiled egg, sometimes marinated in soy sauce.

Mostly runny yolks are good for toast or sausages!!

When I was a kid, I tried to 'boil' an egg in the microwave by just putting the egg in there, whole, in shell. I picked it up when it was hot and it burst on my hand. :(

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

Do it egg drop soup style: mix the egg white and yolk up in a bowl with a fork and pour it in the boiling water thirty seconds before you take the ramen off the heat. It'll shred and pretty much cook instantly. Hell, you can just crack the egg directly into the pot if you're lazy and don't mind risking some shell or a surprise rotten egg.

Ahh, I love egg drop soup so I'll have to give that a try, thanks!!

Ceciltron posted:

Don't make me post the aquafresh hot dog.

N O

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

if this isn't the 'joke'/reason for posting the image then i am disappointed/confused

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I have a lovely cold and won't be able to taste anything for a few days and whatever the gently caress this is looks amazing right now

LogicalFallacy posted:

I think that pun is more off-putting than the thought of drinking pig's milk.

:agreed:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

wow that's amazingly unpleasant

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

haha, yes, they sure did something

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

eh, even the serious eats guy says he likes to eat uncooked ramen like that

better than the butter/sugar ramen I've mentioned before. :barf:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I know these are swimming in liquid, but they've gotta be bone dry.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I think there's peanut butter too

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

Cummed corn toast

NO

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:sigh: would.

this is so wet. this is so goddamn wet why is there a second pizza (?) above it, toppings defying gravity

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I am not a picky eater by any means but I disliked mashed potatoes for a long time. I don't mind them necessarily, but I'd rather have like, a whole roasted/boiled potato and then roughly mash it myself and put some seasonings and butter on it, as opposed to whipping potatoes + milk together, dad

e: I need to go buy some potatoes now, thanks thread!!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

they all look so dry

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm assuming that's a layer of butter but I won't rule out mayonnaise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Smoke posted:

Ordered the salty pancake cake at a cake/coffee place in one of the malls here in Bulgaria. This is what I got.

It was pretty great tasting though.

it's so pretty :3: