Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Toasting plain cake donuts results in something super delicious. Toasting cider donuts even more so.

My senior year in college I interned at a record company, and also worked at an apple orchard. I was allowed to take home as many leftover cider donuts that I could carry. I would bring them to Polygram and toast them up every Monday morning. Got a solid A+ on my internship semester.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

My dad puts pickles on his cheeseburger bacon pizza, and his reuben pizza. I can't think of any other instances where this would work, but both are very, very good.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Love a good breadtangle of pizza.

Back in middle school (1981-85), this was known as "elephant scab".

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

Anyone else remember Jell-O 1-2-3--fondly? I still use it to describe that kind of blocky ombre.

I went to college with a guy who claimed that his dad invented Jell-O 1-2-3. I was never able to verify this fun fact.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

BMX Ninja posted:

I feel right now we should all attempt to make home yoghurt and post the results ITT.
I make fat-free yogurt (skyr, because I have a thing of rennet) in the IP every week. I used to do it on the stovetop, but the instant pot function makes it so much easier. I just save 1/4 cup every week to start the next batch.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Nameless Pete posted:

Can confirm. Place near me does a pear and goat cheese pizza. Comes with garlic sauce and a balsamic reduction. It is REAL drat good.

My dad makes a fig jam/green apple/goat cheese pizza that is really good. He also does the balsamic reduction, and uses my homemade goat cheese.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

My favorite Crowded House album.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Hot dogs of the world unite

No Pylsur? Invalid. Icelandic hot dogs are amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The best part about elementary/middle school cafeteria pizza was making it "extra cheese" by trading your milk or whatever for someone else's cheese scab. There were a surprising amount of people willing to barter with cheese and just eating the "tomato sauce" bread.

It tickles me to see you using the term "cheese scab", because in my middle school (early 80s) cafeteria, the pizza was known as "elephant scab".