Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Have you not seen actual cheddar before in your life or...?

The stuff criss crossing that pie thing looks nothing like actual cheddar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Xen Tricks posted:

Mexican candy/baked goods are either godly or disgusting based almost entirely on whether they contain tamarind or not. As long as you steer away from that you're good

Godly then.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

From 1980's UK. The legend goes that they were originally flavoured with pork fat, until the maker got sued because they weren't hedgehog flavoured. So they got some Romany to help develop a true hedgehog flavour, as supposedly Romany people still ate clay baked hedgehogs.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

I think I love this.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Dabir posted:

That's fried bread.

Looks like toast, fried bread and plain bread.

And tinned tomatoes. So, no.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

teenytinymouse posted:

The sugar spaghetti is really affecting me you guys please post some weird meatloaf so I can forget it

Start of easy with a classic.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
Looks more like an attempt to make bad falafel than pakora, samosa or bhaji.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Cold cut sushi rolls

To quote where I found this: "this is why japan went into a 200 year period of national seclusion"

What amazing innovation.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

RareAcumen posted:

I had a Little Debbie Christmas tree cake for the first time sometime around November and my reaction was 'Oh wow, this is great!" And then I took a second bite and realized those things were like the McDonalds sweet tea of pastries.

Who wouldn't want to sit down for a nourishing bowl of gelatinous blob?

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

invisible jerk posted:

it said it was chicken salad

It lied.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Yawgmoth posted:

To be a sandwich it must first contain food. ergo, hot pockets are not sandwiches.

So how would you define a Toast Sandwich?

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Pookah posted:

That's sad; good butter on good fresh bread is one of the nicest things in the world :(

After the 3rd stage in the last picture you might think it's a toasted cheese sandwich, then something terrible happens..

All of the above are supposed to be versions of the same thing; can you guess what without reverse image search?

On the one hand I reckon they may well be mutant versions of French onion soup with a grotesque misunderstanding of croutons. And cooking.
On the other hand, they're all pizza.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

The book these are from only has a couple of colour photos.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
Anything goes.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
How pointless.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Taco kits were really popular when I lived in England. I think my friends just didn't know what spices went into Mexican food and as students the kits were probably cheaper?

That's where I took the picture. I think taco kits are popular in the UK because it's pretty well the only way you can find tortilla's at the supermarket. There has been a distinct shortage of Mexicans in the UK (only one I ever met was an architect), so a distinct shortage of tortillas.

It's the Extra Mild I find pointless. Advertising something as Extra Mild to a population that has more Indian restaurants than any other kind seems like shooting fish in a barrel full of pork.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0j6hBDPdR0

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Taken from a Rick Bayless facebook group. I really really want it to be trolling. But someone, somewhere, used french dressing and grape jelly as a sauce for sausage. Someone, somewhere made these.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

The Bloop posted:

I wouldn't risk it but it might be OK once its all cooked down.

I've cooked kielbasa in maple syrup and soy sauce and it was hella good

I'd agree, but it's grape jelly and sweet french dressing. Sugar and sugar. It's not like pork and apple or duck and cherries. It's flavoured corn syrup and flavoured corn syrup with highly processed sausage.

Apparently kids love it.

(Maple syrup and soy does sound like a drat good combination. Might try it.)

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Source

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I don't. Why the egg? Is that cheese? Wha?

Just taking the kids to the cheese beach.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

bike tory posted:

Sure, over the top of some corn chips or tortilla chips is pretty normal but Ive never know someone to empty a box of crackers into a bowl of chilli.

Meet Alton Brown

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Randaconda posted:

i just threw up in my mouth

You are now a sandwich.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Not really new, or their invention. Besides, Ketchup Leather is just a smoother sun dried tomato.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
Unrelated to waffle-chicken-chat

Banana Slug Cream Pie

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Pham Nuwen posted:

I grew up raising sheep and in the late spring we'd castrate the lambs, end up with a giant pile of bite-sized oysters. Never ate them, although dad would always fill a couple baggies and stick them in the freezer for somebody he knew. These days my folks have cattle and only do the occasional castration of a full-grown bull... and let me tell you, those things aren't Rocky Mountain oysters, they're Rocky Mountain geoducks

A little intimidating.

Friend grew up on a New Zealand sheep farm. At castration time they'd have a fire going and just toss the balls into a pan suspended over it, so they could have hot snacks.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

twoday posted:

I know this is old, but nobody mentioned the bowl of snails

They're the most normal looking things there.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

My Lovely Horse posted:

There's something I have to say before you begin, you'll have to be gone before my can Philli Dilli comes in

Nice.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Ergh.

Undercooked bacon and too much bad mustard.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

PubicMice posted:

Chop up kale, saute it, and mix it into mashed potatoes and it is Colcannon

Fixed.

Kale recipe now needs must follow else the chain is broken:

Take one kale. Shred it finely. Deep fry it. Toss with dried shrimp powder, brown sugar and salt. And that's how you make crispy seaweed.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Iron Crowned posted:

Is that supposed to be chili? :barf:

My guess is poutine with mushroom gravy.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

boar guy posted:

oh, that's part of the problem, you think that's bacon :)

Ah, that's a bacon joint.

I know, if all you know of bacon is flat meat strips, then it might be tough to comprehend. Just imagine large lumps of bacon instead of them flat things.

I have no idea what's in the cheese cloth.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Doubt it. Sheeps stomachs generally don't have drawstrings

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Haifisch posted:

Problem located.

I know the food's supposed to be vaguely southern, but it mostly reminds me of every generic midwestern diner I've ever eaten at, in both portion sizes and blandness. Except it usually costs more than the generic diner food would, and you're always going to have a wait because they want you to browse the gift shop.

I've eaten at a Cracker Barrel once, and it was the most aggressively bland food I've ever encountered. It seemed to be formulated for the toothless and dead.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Iron Crowned posted:

It's my mom's favorite restaurant. Every time I visit, we go there for breakfast.

Most times I encounter someone recommending a Cracker Barrel, it's for breakfast.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Randaconda posted:

I worked there for three years and never got sick of the food.

Not sure if that's a recommendation or boasting.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Not sure what the herb is.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Zil posted:

Vanilla chicken doesn't sound too bad, how was it overall?

Though it does remind me of the time I tried using almond milk in place of normal milk in a hamburger helper recipe. Did not turn out the way I thought it would.

It wasn't a salty sludge?

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

The 'fresh pig emberiza elegans' is pretty tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

God, no.