Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Now, if you'll excuse me... I'll clean myself up and return to page 7....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Data Graham posted:

This is a deep dish (aka Chicago style) pizza:

Pastry-type crust, and the whole volume is toppings/sauce/cheese. One slice and a human of average size is pretty much done.

:drat:

I'm small and would put down half that.... and then take a nap.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

NewFatMike posted:

But seriously, carrots? Why?

Shut up, Cameron. :haw:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Instant mashed potato flakes make a really good thickener for stews and the like, beats fapping around with a cornstarch slurry.

:aaaaa: holy crap! I have to try the instant taters in my next stew.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I figured it was a "not exactly virgin olive oil" thing, but that works just as well.

Can't be virgin olive oil since it got porked! :downsrim:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

The way I usually did jalapeno poppers was a hollowed out jalapeno with a chunk of Monterrey jack cheese in it, and then wrapped in bacon. You put that on the grill (charcoal) so the pepper blisters up and the cheese gets all melty and gooey. It's the perfect side dish to spicy chicken wings.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

These are usually called atomic buffalo turds and they are delicious

That reminds me of a BBQ place that used to be in Mapleton... They had buffalo turds. It was a hollowed out jalapeno stuffed with a little smoky sausage and cream cheese and then wrapped in bacon. They were awesome sauce. Buffalo turds and root beer is still one of my favorite things.

Edit: Now I really want a tall cold root beer.

I heart bacon has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Dec 11, 2016

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Tiggum posted:

7-Eleven sells better sandwiches than Subway.

I have no idea what it is or what it's supposed to be, but the smell of Subway is weird and off-putting.

Caseys https://www.caseys.com/ has pretty good sandwiches and pizzas. My wife worked at one for a while and she'd bring home subs for me to bring to work. Pretty drat decent for something quick to grab from the local gas station.

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm glad that Walmart seems to be moving away from in-store McDonalds and toward Subway. I hate the greasy smell of a McDonalds, but walking in past Subway with their Italian herb and cheese bread just wafting in the air... mmmm...

Agreed. It's weird to walk into a store to go grocery shopping and get hit in the face with a deep fryer smell.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Their taco pizza is pretty darn good. I jumped at the chance to be the sandwich guy at the Casey's I worked at and had a blast. Free sub for lunch and I get to take home all the "about to go out-of-date" bread at the end of the day? Sign me the gently caress up!

Seriously, they're good subs, and I don't mean "for gas station food." I'll take one of them over Jimmy John's or Subway any day of the week.

At my last job, we would get the sandwiches for plant shutdowns. One of the perks of a lovely shutdown week was the free lunches. And the taco pizza is SO good! Ever have it with beef and chicken?

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Whoa buddy, did you not notice the WHOLE TABLESPOON of pimentos.

And they were aggressively serviceable as a potato dish; I'm not trying to steal the show here, just making a good side.

And a 1/4 teaspoon of pepper?!?!?! :supaburn: That's madness!

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Jeepers, want some potatoes with your pepper?

Mid-century person: *smacks lips irritably* There's a salt somewhere in this house, isn't there?

A Minnesotan would have worked mayonnaise into the recipe somehow.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

we need to go

deeper

Would... so hard. With hot sauce and a side of fried okra. :getin:

Yawgmoth posted:

Malt vinegar.

:agreed:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

mng posted:

Vinegar is for cleaning, not for chips.

Only if you're a mom on the internet and doing some CRAZY thing that some big corporation HATES! If you're a boring white guy guy with republican hair, then gently caress you because you don't know anything. I'm a boring white guy with no hair.

Malt vinegar is pretty awesome stuff. Especially on fried potatoes. I'm not English at all and I freaking love it.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Je croix qu'il est le choix de les Présidents, n'est-ce pas?

HEY! You there! According to your avatar, you only speak limited French. What's all this about? :buddy:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

LordSaturn posted:

it also says she hasn't cried today :ohdear:

:ohdear:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Haha, that's about the limit! I haven't used my French is about twelve years. :smith:

:smith: My wife and I would probably be using Korean (she only learned the swearing growing up) now if it weren't for the fact that there's no one to talk to in this tiny town. There's not much room for foreign language around here.

RareAcumen posted:

Enough talk about vinegar, post about actual culinary abominations.

I don't take orders from clowns with anime avatars. So up your nose with a rubber hose.

I make refrigerator pickles sometimes with a combination of white vinegar, malt vinegar, and red wine vinegar. It's pretty decent snacking.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Anyway one time my wife and I got on the elevator in our apartment building to go out to the company Christmas party and then we looked down and saw this

Modern art is kinda weird sometimes. But this one really cuts the mustard! :downsrim:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't know how I feel about these

Wood

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Tiggum posted:

They don't ask me if I want capsicum

The hell? First... they don't ask you if you want something. They ask you what you want. Second of all... they're called peppers, you freaking doo-dah.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Prism posted:

Capsicum is the usual term in Australia.

Welp. If you're gonna be vague about your peppers, I'm chopping up some ghost peppers in your dinner, you jackwagon. :supaburn:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Tiggum posted:

"Capsicum" isn't a vague term, it means these specifically:

Ghost peppers are chillis, not capsicums.

Fine then smarty pants... what color do you want. I'm sure the red ones must be the hotter ones... right? Right? :wiggle:

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It is an entire genus, of which chili peppers are the fruit

This goon gets it.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Oh, for the love of Todd! I'd rather hit a drive-thru fergodsakes. Do you have to hold out your pinky finger while you pick the pieces up? Or would peoples' monocles fly off their heads if they see you eat with your hands? :monocle:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Plot twist: that plate is 5" across.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

theres actually zero difference between a burrito & a salad. you imbecile. you loving moron

Calm your tits, sir. Soothe your boobs....

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

It was just a silly internet joke baby, I'm not really mad. Please come back, I've prepared a romantic dinner for us!

Oh shut up! You had me at hello. :glomp:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Bud K ninja sword posted:

oh god drat i would eat that.

Me too! I'd throw on some chopped jalapenos or hot sauce, though. :kimchi:

Aesop Poprock posted:

Same. I got really loving pissed at the British like a month ago though cause I made Heinz beans on toast like they eat all the time and it was so bland and hateful towards joy that I couldn't even eat half of it. gently caress you UK that is a garbage breakfast food

Shouldn't that also have some other things with it though? I thought it was supposed to have sausage or bacon on the side. Otherwise, I'd be grabbing the hot sauce since it just seems like it'd be a little bland. :yum:

Paladinus posted:

Yeah, better drown some sugary corn bits in milk and pretend it's good for you.

Who says you have to go for some boring cereal. Nothing says America like sausage gravy and biscuits. :patriot: It's biscuits and gravy, motherfucker!

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

Grits and gravy is also a top tier breakfast.

I bet it would be. Also sausage gravy over hash browns is good, too. Forgot to mention it earlier.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

I had a Rueben Pizza last night

It was very good

Pull up a chair here and tell us all about it. I'm not trying to be cute, it sounds like it would be :swoon:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Hash browns covered, smothered, and country. Yes.

Also I'm Yankee as all hell, but I love grits.

Me too. I'm yankee enough to go bananas over tater tot hot dish. Grits with cheddar sounds amazing.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Bud K ninja sword posted:

but tater tot hot dish is also loving amazing

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

Personal AFP: when I first moved to Florida from Boston, I had no idea what grits were. Like, the conversation between Joe Peschi and the cook at the diner in My Cousin Vinny literally happened to me irl.

Anyway, the first time I had them, I thought they were similar to oatmeal, and I added sugar.

The looks of horror I got from other southerners in the greasy spoon diner I was in was incredible (I was eating at the counter, so in full view of everyone). To this day, I still put sugar into my grits (I do add salt and pepper as well too).

:stare: Call me crazy, but wouldn't you put butter on grits if anything? And maybe pepper?

Alaois posted:

its called polenta you hicks

I'm a midwesterner and pretty sure that you're not totally right here.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

No gods, no masters, put a whole loving roast chicken all up in them pizza guts.

Would. I'd buffalo sauce a chicken drumstick, grab a slice and then ask for some crispy fries to go with all that. And some beers, since something like that needs beers.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Sociopastry posted:

Don't kid yourself, those are the soggy fries of the damned.

Would the chicken, though.

Definitely. Those fries would be thrown away and replaced with decent fries. Maybe waffle fries. Maybe I'm hungry and want to stress eat the hell out of that along with some beers after two long weeks of job hunting.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Otana posted:

To contribute, have a classic British beach snack:

Cockles and mussels with salt and malt vinegar. Windblown sand adds a deliciously unexpected crunch.

Would! Also, what is it about certain things being eaten at the beach? There's something about that atmosphere. I live in west Michigan and lunch at lake Michigan is my favorite.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Ranter posted:

Only a loving idiot combines all of Italy and its many hundreds of unique regions/foods/styles/cultures into "Italy".

Agreed. Also, same can be said about anyone who lumps a collection of 50 unique states together as AMERICA :patriot:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Fast Eddie posted:

:yeah:

Hometown pride. Sure Minnesota has its fair share of food abortions, but the twin cities has a really good restaurant scene. I will go to bat for it any time someone wants to bag on the Midwest being all flyover land.

Even Mankato has some decent places, too.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

HERE'S YOUR GODDAMN HOT DOG SANDWICH NERDS

:yum:

I'd still go at one of those on a lunch break. Throw a handful of potato chips on there, smash it down, and go hog wild. Maybe hot sauce too. And a cherry coke with it.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Ranter posted:

chips (french fries) in sandwiches is p good too

Hell yes it is! Especially on a saucy burg :burger: Never tried it on a reuben, but I bet one with extra russian dressing would carry the fries well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

a Long Burger is a chicken salad sandwich on a hot dog bun.

It's also the name of my signature move on my wife in the bedroom :heysexy: