Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Its significantly less appetizing looking than the Noah's Ark

never had one, but I did try the Meat Mountain, in the same spirit I tried the Double Down. The double down was worth it. The meat mountain very much isn't. It's difficult to bite into, it's so goddamn thick, and the meats all just kind of melt together into a vaguely meaty melange you can't make out any real individual flavor in, it just sort of tastes like 'meat'.

In other news, something about this really gets to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

I'm just going to assume this is some Japanese thing but what the gently caress, a fruit sandwich?

Yup. whipped cream, fruit, and fluffy japanese bread. It's more like fruit shortcake that you can eat without a fork than anything else.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Murphy Brownback posted:

I have before and would again, assuming that's just a "steak" egg and cheese bagel. They aren't particularly gross looking (at least, compared to most things posted in this thread) aside from the excessive sauce leaking out the bottom of yours.

I dunno what the hell their "breakfast sauce" is, but it's a goddamn abomination.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

bringmyfishback posted:

Found Birthday Cake-flavored M&Ms when I was in Bangkok a couple months ago. Definitely do not recommend. Tasted like vanilla-y backwash (but chocolate tastes vaguely of sour saliva to me, anyways.)

I actually really liked those, but then, I'm a giant sucker for vanilla flavor, and birthday cake flavor hits that hard.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Now I really want a can of those. And some cottage cheese.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

mng posted:

3 kilos of whatever the gently caress those are O_O

Heavily spiced apple rings that taste like Christmas.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Is that a person with face paint on as the head? It looks like that mouth has a mouth in it.

Yes, that is the point. It was an art exhibit where laughing white Europeans sliced and ate an african woman as she screamed (and occasionally took a bite), unintentionally becoming part of the intended statement of the piece.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

fong posted:

My bet would be Chinese

Agreed, definitely looks like the cheong fan I've had occasionally at dim sum. Broad rice noodles wrapped around various stuff.

NinjaDebugger has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Jun 14, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

titties posted:

agreed, would also stack 2 of those KFC chicken parms toppings-side together and go hard on it.

And we shall call it the triple down.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

subpar anachronism posted:

I actually like these a lot, clear your sinuses right out!

These are loving glorious and I wish they were more available here. I will have to check the grocery store tomorrow, dammit.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

zedprime posted:

I was made aware of the Meat Mountain earlier this week.

I have had two of those now.

One to try it. It was awful.

One was purchased for me as a joke by my coworkers. Ate it anyway, regretted it.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So what I thought I'd do was I'd try that grilled cheese stuffed crust pizza, because I'm a glutton for punishment.

It was a bad idea. The cheese, as best I can tell, is just their standard stuffed crust cheese with orange food coloring applied. The outside of the crust is a buttery mess coated with this crumbly stuff that is probably supposed to give it the texture of fried bread, but mostly just gets crumbs everyfuckingwhere.

It was goddamn awful, worse even than the bacon cheese stuffed crust, though not as bad as the cheese bite stuffed crust or the hot dog stuffed crust.

Someday I will learn to stop trying these things.

No I won't. :negative:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

This should be the official saint louis pizza: http://www.ksdk.com/entertainment/t...m=headline-grid

Mainly because their current official pizza is loving awful.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

This is not a food fad, but the extension of a food fad to an adjacent realm: a brand of cleaning products I use has "limited-edition holiday scents" version. There's pine, peppermint, gingerbread, and pumpkin spice. Why?!?

It's me. I'm the reason that there's pumpkin spice everything. Which cleaning products are these, that I may purchase them?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

A regular feature of being babysat by grandma when I was a young'n, the worst part is, it's not even -bad-. It's just very midwest. And I don't care if everybody hates me for it, miracle whip is better for this than mayo.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/mollyhc/status/842068448771485696

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The Snoo posted:

I'm curious as to what triggers a gag reflex/food aversion to raw vegetables and certain textures

Childhood trauma, in my case. Ruined tomatoes for me forever.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

p-hop posted:

I didn't care for raw tomatoes when I was a kid. I'd eat them, but complain that I just didn't like tomatoes. My parents convinced me to try a really nice ripe one that was just picked from our garden. Shake a little salt onto it, that's all it needs.

I ended up shaking a ton of salt onto it, and when I took a bite it was like dumping a spoonful of salt onto my tongue. I spit out the tomato and dry heaved into the kitchen sink for 5 minutes, ruined fresh tomatoes for me. Couldn't stand olives after that either, the saltiness triggered my new tomato gag reflex. 10 years later I finally got over it.

I was starting to come down with some flu or whatnot, mom's rear end in a top hat boyfriend thought I was being a picky eater because I felt kinda sick and didn't want to eat. I puked on the plate, and he made me eat it. It was spaghetti sauce with chunks of tomato in the sauce, rather than blended. To this day, the texture of tomatoes triggers my gag reflex. After actively trying for years, I've managed to deal with enough of it that I can handle shreds of tomato in a blended tomato soup, but anything bigger and I'm gone.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

He made you eat the puke?

it was on the plate.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

It really sucks. I love the taste of tomatoes, but the moment that texture hits, it's game over, everything comes up.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

sneakyfrog posted:

thats the saddest thing i have read on the forums. what about like pasta sauce?

sauces and soups are fine as long as the tomato's well blended, thankfully. I've managed to work my way up so that I can mostly handle the tiny shreds of tomato left in a decent tomato basil bisque, but larger and I'm still gone, and that's with about twenty years of work, at this point. Thankfully, I am not at all afraid to just fork tomato bits out of the way to eat something that is otherwise good. Love that tomato flavor.

I've heard of one other person with the same hangup for approximately the same reason, parents forcing them to eat tomatoes on pain of, well, pain.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tendales posted:

The thing that upsets me most about the gooburger is that it's another case of WHERE IS THE loving PLATE?

How can you serve food that you're supposed to smother in sauce on just a flat piece of wood slapped onto the flat table

Cheese sauce all running off the "plate" and into your lap

Poor busboy has to mop up 5 inches of congealed cheesespunk at the end of his shift

this is why god doesn't talk to us anymore

Yeah, maybe it's just me, but I'd just drink the goddamn mug of cheese as a side. I'd regret it in a few hours, but who cares? Cheese.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

big trivia FAIL posted:

Growing up going to church potlucks in the deep south in the 80s, i have vague memories of canned pears with miracle whip and shredded cheddar cheese on them. It's definitely been done by old ladies.

Used to have that with some frequency when I was a kid, yes. You will be unsurprised to discover that I grew up in the midwest.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

elise the great posted:

My mom used to eat this. She made it for me a few times but I preferred pears with cottage cheese or eaten from the can with my fists like a small naked bear.

peaches and pears with cottage cheese is fantastic. Pineapple, too. Was at a restaurant one time, ordered some cottage cheese as a side and it came out with a pineapple ring on it, one of my friends freaked out. He'd never even heard of pineapple with cottage cheese, thought it was bizarre and awful.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

bloom posted:

This is giving me some serious flashbacks to my parents' cooking. I'm pretty sure my love of spicy food comes from rebelling against years of eating plain potatoes/rice with unspiced dry meat.

Quotes like this make me grateful my mom was a chef. She was lazy as poo poo at home, but even with all the shortcuts, at least the food tasted good and used actual spices.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Only if you can eat a religious text and poo poo a better god.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

That presentation is actually rad and it just looks like runny scrambled eggs.

Agreed, runny scrambled eggs are the greatest thing, I would scarf entire servings of those in a heartbeat.

edit: actually, I wonder if I could manage that presentation at home.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

fizzymercy posted:

I have food texture issues that make it hard for me to eat normal food, let alone delicious duck feet. No one in that group, not one single person, knows what a real food aversion feels like. Just for starters, a photo of a duck foot and noodles wouldn't set off the most sensitive food weirdo. gently caress all of them, you were in a group full of morons.

Also mac and cheese is gross as all hell to people with real texture issues. Food aversions are real, and they're not all based around a diet of cheesy potatoes.

I would give anything to be able to just eat a goddamn tomato again instead of just sauces and soup.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

Looks like chicken nuggets topped with frozen crinkle-cut fries (chips) topped with Velveeta. I'm not sure what the brownish moisture is down by the nuggets. Frankly, the whole thing makes me unhappy.

Chili or salsa. Or possibly marinara/jarred spaghetti sauce. Yeah, that's probably Ragu.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Oh my god, that sounds like the kind of thing I've spent my life looking for.

"Lemon" flavored yogurt / ice cream / whatever is always so goddamn disappointing.

It honestly seems from my admittedly slightly biased sampling that you get more sour/super sour lemon in Japan than the dumb sweet lemon stuff, which is amazing. Every single lemon candy I've gotten has been super sour, except for one that was sweet lemon on the outside and then turned super sour once you got inside.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

fizzymercy posted:

I found this cursed image on my phone this morning. I don't remember this. An atrocity that I apparently ate on top of my laptop. Daintily with fork and knife.

I hope? it's nacho cheese over leftover pizza. I hope? it tasted like heaven because I had reached high and drunk nirvana. I hope? it was a flavor revolution.

I hope.

:randstare:

Real Edit: I take back all the mean poo poo I said about ranch on pizza.

Looks like Velveeta to me.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

i would eat those thicc rear end pancakes

Rice cooker pancakes, but I can't get them to work in mine, unfortunately.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Canned tomatoes are picked in season and immediately canned, so they are always good quality and fresh.

"Fresh" tomatoes are grown year round, picked under ripe, coated with wax, shipped 3000 miles in a truck treated with gas to ripen them in transit, and held in coolers until sold.

That's what my family did. Grew our own tomatoes for the season, and near end of season, the whole extended family would drive out for a pick your own special at a tomato farm, load every car up with bushels of tomatoes, and have a big canning party at grandma's house that covered the rest of the year. Even made our own ketchup and jalepeno ketchup.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

ToxicFrog posted:

That's what I initially thought it was, based on the picture. I'm not sure which is worse.

I actually like apple with cottage cheese, though it's always been cut apart rather than scooped out. That doesn't seem like it would work terribly well. Too prone to falling apart. Then again, I'm also a fan of apple with american cheese, or asiago, or parmesan, or cheddar...

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

And here I thought my "sips" of furikake were sodium bombs

Is this confession time? Because if there is worchestershire sauce in the fridge I will occasionally take a hit off it. Especially if I have a sore throat.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

ha. HA I say to you who think corn mushroom is the worst. You've not had the worst mushroom til your mom forces you to have a chinese herbal soup topped with cordyceps infected caterpillars.

MMMM NUMMY NUMMY

I suddenly understand why cordyceps is the biggest Bravery booster in The World Ends With You. What the gently caress.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

ChaseSP posted:

You shouldn't piss on someone with a jellyfish sting due to the chemical change causing more stings to occur. Best to wash with ocean water if nothing else js available, or to use vinegar which will actively prevent more stinging while washing it off.

How are you both pissing on someone and also in danger of more jellyfish stings? That's some loving powerful stream you got.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Judas Horse posted:

Gluten free fried chicken has never sounded better tbh

I bet if I mixed that stuff with grated parmesan and some spices, it'd make the greatest chicken breading ever.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Old paprika bought during the Clinton administration and only used to dust some coloring onto deviled eggs is sad.

Fresh paprika poured into Hungarian goulash is delicious.

I could have used a more AFP picture, but this is the best Betty Crocker could do with a professional photographer. It's red meat glop and I love it.

Exactly this. I was in my twenties before I discovered that paprika had a purpose other than adding a bit of color to things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

If you're not drinking Baja Blast you're doing Taco Bell all wrong

Wrong, they have Kickstart orange now.

Grand Fromage posted:

I reiterate that the only liquid you should be getting at an Arby's is a jamocha shake.

Or the orange cream shake when they have it. That thing is amazing.