Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«42 »
Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It is impossible to make ragu alla Bolognese to look dignified while it's cooking.

Same with risotto. Looks like dogshit in every picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

That poo poo for real looks like it is served with contempt and a cigarette burn

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

If it gets ants on it, hey, just extra protein.

texture

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

breichfast

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Like a animal you piece of poo poo

No watermelon rules

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Guys, this is on the database website for the vendor I order from

I am not ordering it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

fuckin white people literally started countless wars over spices and still dont know what the gently caress a bay leaf is

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

I always think of aioli as just being olive oil and garlic, but Wikipedia tells me that it can have egg too.

Aioli is literally just thinner mayo.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

Wikipedia disagrees!

The career chef with 15 years in the kitchen disagrees with Wikipedia.

Yes, a REAL TRADITIONAL SPANISH AIOLI is oil and garlic, but gently caress that poo poo, the French started making a better emulsification with egg. Garlic aioli is the standard flavor, but cooking being what it is, you can do whatever. (You don't need egg to emulsify, it just really helps. Take toum for instance).

It's like, I can make a flavored brioche bread which is not a TRUE FRENCH BRIOCHE, but who cares, it's loving brioche.

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 07:57 on Mar 30, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Snoo posted:

it's a drat shame that cilantro is the only possible herb anyone can use in food

It's the only one that tastes like cilantro

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

It doesn't taste like soap to me but it's not a flavor I particularly like and it overpowers just about everything. It's like cumin in how much it just tramples other flavors.

There is alot to be said for balance and moderation aka things most cooks don't understand

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Also if they are in a very very firm aspic or gelatin

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Alot of canned soup is just seasoned stock or cream, so whatever? It's lazy, yeah, but it makes sense.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Ranter posted:

Funny part is how ultra processed food like canned soup has more chemicals/preservatives the average consumer has never heard of, than just pure MSG.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

I heart bacon posted:

How the gently caress else would I make my tater tot hot dish?

Recipe

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Snoo posted:

I love MSG

It never clicked with me until number 4. The open world really did the series good.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

It looks like they went to the deli counter at a supermarket and bought the whole block that usually gets sliced by the deli worker. Pretty good idea if they really love cheese.

Not when they're paying the inflated by weight price. If they got that from the deli counter, they probably paid something like 5 times more than they could have buying it from an online supplier.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Fake edit: would

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

angerbeet posted:

You are giving the Americans way too much credit with your talk of regional cuisines, like most people could identify that Szechuan is a different thing but probably not why

Also if it's Korean it's just got a buttload of sugar in it anway

"American" food isn't all just loving hamburgers and steaks.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Baja California

Cajun

Carolina Barbeque

Chicago Pizza

Creole

Kansas Barbeque

New England

Maine Lobster Country

Pacific Northwest

Napa Valley

Texas Barbeque

Florida Carribean

Sonoran New Mexican

Please, tell us more about the U.S. is just McDonald's and junkfood though.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

^^^

Data Graham posted:

Holy poo poo what the hell thread do you think this is

Sorry, I get heated when know-nothings try to tell me my business. Here you go:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

I'm not convinced.

Some people just don't like good food, and that's ok. Some people are also retarded, and that's also ok. You're doing your best, I'm sure.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cakefarts Carol posted:

Calm yourself, this is the thread for goons to hilariously overreact to banal food and drink and pretend like we have standards. Nobody is disputing America's Good Food, we're busying ourselves with describing our eagerness for horrific poo poo like spaghetti donuts while turning our noses up at the latest mountain dew.

A number of people were disputing it actually. It's all good my dude, I just do it for a living and it's super hard to constantly overcome the foreign perception of "American food".

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Sadly though like 90% of America will go years and years between having great meals like the ones pictured in that post.

That's the god damned truth. And the real poo poo of it is, none of that stuff is considered fine dining, it's just not from chain restaurants that pack chemicals and salt into styrofoam and market it as "happiness" to children who chant MCDONALDS in the backseat of their parent's midsize sedan.

It's getting better though. Our food culture is rapidly advancing.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

angerbeet posted:

Wanna meet the FOOD DUDE

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

stereobreadsticks posted:

I saw it advertised today at the McDonald's near where I work in Beijing. I just thought "you do you, China" and kept on walking.

Thanks for nothing, stereobreadDICKS

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Looks like a taco pizza?

Would.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only time I actually got sick from a pizza was when our soccer coach took the team to cici's pizza before a game and some of us had the "taco pizza". Everyone who had it got sick and we almost had to forfeit the game because people couldn't stop needing to go to the bathroom.

Never trust food that you can eat unlimited amounts of it for like 5 dollars including a drink.

This is exactly the sort of poo poo I'm talking about. Why spend $25 on a very good, well made pizza with interesting flavors:

when you can spend $25 on UNLIMITED PIZZA AND SUGAR JUICE for your 4 screaming poo poo factories?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

twoday posted:

The only annoying thing was that grease leaked out of the hole at the bottom and made my hands messy.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

This baby is powered with 100% pure sushi cheese. Ahhh, listen to her yum.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Also, is it yum-ah-miter, or yum-oh-meater?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tomato water is delicious.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Yeah that's a loving garbage perm

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

angerbeet posted:

I'd like to see you do better with an at-home microwave perm

I...hm.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Idk if this was aimed at me but I definitely know about American foods too. I was purely making a point saying that there is way too broad a spectrum of varied Chinese foods to lump it all under the banner of Asian food.

No no, it began with whoever said that "you're giving Americans too much credit talking about regional cuisines".

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Hmm let's see, I see some crumpled up brown cellophane, possibly a quiche flavored cheesecake, banana sausage, and broccoli?

Ugh, BROCCOLI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

Almost would if they swapped that wasabi mayo with something else

What if it's avocado puree?

«42 »