Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Malt vinegar and chopped garlic with diced cucumber is a pretty standard salad but white vinegar? That's a bit weird isn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Hey guys I've been living in America for a few months now and this thread inspired me to make something. In my country we don't have biscuits or white gravy so this was a bit of a treat.

It's biscuits and hot dog gravy. I added stewed mushrooms and a slice of provolone to each one just to be sure. It was pretty good and I ate all 6 biscuits.

Thanks for reading.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm not sure about "great", but it is probably pretty good. I always think it's odd how asian street food is considered to be something to be sought out, whereas if I saw a street food vendor in the US I would look at it like the rat burger vendor in Demolition Man.

Local people in tourist spots don't "seek out" street food vendors, just gringo tourists who have never seen such a thing before.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Encasing food in gelatin is for convenience?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

AlbieQuirky posted:

That looks like decent falafel, though the grease stains on the bag are a bit disturbing.

A falafel is a deep fried ball of chickpeas. There's going to be some grease. :confused:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
"Chicken ham" also seems a bit odd but I guess "ham" is just a generic term in Asia for processed deli meats.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Code Jockey posted:

Disruption! Let's disrupt everything.

Eating food which has texture and taste is for neanderthals. Enjoy your mouth-chewing and your flavor-tasting, caveman

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/09/140321495/the-banality-of-evil-following-the-steps-to-sept-11

quote:

McDermott found out from a roommate that Atta hated to eat. He found it boring. He used to boil a bag of potatoes, mash them up, and leave a mound on a plate in the refrigerator. When he was hungry, he would simply grab a spoon and take a chunk out of his potato mountain.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
DO you still put the olive oil in too? Sounds kind of weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I was confused for a minute before I realized that putting peanut butter in hummus is exactly the same as just putting peanuts with your chickpeas before you blend it. Then I realized peanut butter isn't just peanuts.