Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Intestine pho with a side of rice sausage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Sure, just go ahead and throw that one orange cube in with the otherwise completely white tray. Don't even put it on the left side to group up with the rest. Order and reason are for chumps.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Hra Mormo posted:

My guilty pleasure frozen food has to be those Asian food cubes which is just this cardboard box you throw into a microwave, then you open it up to find actually passable rice or noodles and a separate sauce with actual flavor in it. drat things are probably full of cancer though.

If this is the one I'm thinking of, it's the lowest effort food you can possibly make. You don't even remove the plastic wrap on the outside before throwing it in the microwave.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I put fish sauce in anything that I want to augment the savory flavor. I can kill a liter pretty quickly. The sodium content though, drat.

Mayonnaise and Peanut Butter. It's definitely a.. um, hmm.

A brand new flavor promise!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

CuteStorm posted:

#lunchtime

As far as I can tell, this is just watermelon where someone scooped a bunch of it out and then covered it in passion fruit seeds. Hardly AFP, I just don't understand the point.

The blueberry water is dumb but that's a given.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Never thought to add pepperoni to my pumpkin pie but maybe it's worth a shot.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Tiggum posted:

No pizzaburger hot dog rules. :colbert:

That's not a pizzaburger hot dog, it's a hot dog pizzaburger.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Macaroni and kombucha

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Hey don't lump me in with that heathen, egg yolk is delicious and makes everything better. I just prefer that egg yolk to be more contained when I'm eating eggs alone.

Fair enough, runny yolks are more of a social thing.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Initially thought the caviar was a big pile of blackberries. Not sure if the reality is any better.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

I disagree.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Last night, discussing dinner, someone suggested "Let's order some pizzas and I'll make a salad" and I knew she meant she would make a green salad in addition to the pizza but largely thanks to this thread I imagined making a salad out of the pizzas

Pizza salad:

Ingredients:
1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 Dominos large pepperoni pizza, chopped

Directions:
Mix ingredients together, then serve suspended in lime jello.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

EorayMel posted:

But have some jellied eels baked into a cake

The effort is appreciated, aliens, but this isn't close enough to human food for me to eat.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Yawgmoth posted:

The saddest cheesesteak.

*Bacon cheesesteak

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Sweet potato stuffed with brown rice slurry and feta cheese? Trying to figure out what this even is and that's my best guess.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Flipperwaldt posted:

It's called spaghangna, actually.

Depends which province of Italy you're in.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Making a sandwich out of whatever you have lying around is understandable, but if all you've got left is a single mushroom and some cat food maybe it's worth the effort to go to the store.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Chicken + fresh raspberry doesn't sound too bad.

Chicken with Raspberries:

1 Rotisserie chicken
1 container of raspberries

Shred the rotisserie chicken and use it to stuff the raspberries. Serve on a paper plate in a dimly lit room.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

When do we get the Ultra Mac?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

"Here. This is my favorite sandwich."

I'm assuming there's a flatbread or something under there to make it an open-faced sandwich. Otherwise, based on the spinach underneath, this is a salad.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

No pizza rules and all, but who the hell puts ketchup on pizza?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

Battered Ferrero Rocher???

They're world famous. How have you not heard of them before?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

The "Core" line of Ben & Jerry's products is starting to get weird.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Chizza sounds like a racial slur, or something a punk in 80s dystopian fiction would say.

It sounds like a white person incorrectly imitating what he refers to as "urban slang"

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

This person will learn the hard way that mayonnaise doesn't actually "bring out the best" in strawberry Nesquik.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

There are two kinds of people who make caramel: the people who know what they're doing and make really exquisite caramel, and the kind of people who read a recipe online, think "gently caress big city prices, I can make my own caramel for pennies on the dollar," and attempt to do exactly that while falling asleep drunk in front of a Mystery Diners marathon

How I thought caramel was made as a child:

1. Fill a saucepan with sugar
2. Set heat to medium
3. Check back in a while

It didn't work out quite as I'd hoped.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Panfilo posted:

I thought that was some kind of albino liver. What's it glazed with, white chocolate?

Bits of chicken fat. I know because that's pretty close to what my dinner looked like most of the time growing up.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

I heart bacon posted:

Calm your tits, sir. Soothe your boobs....

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

This looks like my "trash bowl" cooking technique, where I throw all the shells and vegetable rinds other stuff that won't actually be eaten in a big bowl so I don't have to keep walking back to the garbage can.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

sweeperbravo posted:

A low-quality derail calls for a low-quality film

Mr. Clean has no business being in this film.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Depending on what kind of cheese product that is, would.

Provel.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Teagan posted:

I love my friends dearly. But my dear, your husband is not a cook, and that is not guacamole, it is what looks a very runny mixture of lima beans and maybe cubed fake lobster. Whatever it is, it looks loving disgusting but is apparently " THE BEST THING EVAR!". Sigh.

*looking at one of the most ubiquitous vegetables on earth* hmm this could be uh.. *squints harder* uh..... cubed fake lobster.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Presentation can be difficult, but a good rule is to avoid having your food look like a bunch of cigarette butts in an ashtray from a distance.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Couldn't even center the cheese in the box. When you're making something simple, you have to make sure it's executed perfectly.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Where is that neural network getting its training material? I feel like "swamp" generally shouldn't show up in anything involving food. "Crimm Grunk Garlic Cleas" makes perfect sense though, I actually make that at home from time to time.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah they're a combo of sushi and burrito that should work but I've never had one that isn't kind of disapointing

Not counting actual sushi burritos which I haven't tried but look kind of disgusting and exhausting to eat

Having had a sushi burrito, they're ill-conceived. Maybe getting it from a food truck instead of a good sushi restaurant was part of the problem, but something that big being held together with just rice paper didn't really work out too well.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

OutsideAngel posted:

Burrito, maybe not, but pineapple is great in a taco with pork butt, minced onion, and cilantro.

Al Pastor is great, I'll usually get it if a Mexican restaurant actually has it. That "pizza" looks like garbage though.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

mds2 posted:

A while back I read about a goon who worked at a pizza place and every Friday evening a guy would come in and order a pizza, put it under his arm in this manner, and walk out. I believe the goon finally asked the guy about carrying his pizza that way. The guy's answer was "Friday was pizza night. I hate pizza and I hate my family." or something along those lines.

http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/01/this-guys-pizza-story-is-weird-and-infuriating.html

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

My favorite, uncooked pink slime with tapioca pearls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

What are the directions?