Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Yeah, San Diego goon here. The California burrito is ubiquitous and probably the greatest food on Earth for the 2 am post-booze meal. I'm always weirded out when people think it's crazy. It's just potatoes in a burrito. Extra starch to sop up more hot sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Well I just figured out what my dom theme is gonna be. Sub ladies all confused, normally they just get tied up or whatever but I'm making 'em dress like time-reversed Sandra Bernhardt and eating pink fondue that has lucky charms in it, with their teeth, in a cornerless orange room.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I'm disappointed that the shot is cropped there because I wanted to see the spigot of grease coming off the tip of that thing.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

They put cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and chocolate in their chili...it ain't right.

Chocolate is dumb in chili. Now a heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder on the other hand is delightful.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yes, bovine protein in chili is stupid, beef is delightful.

Interestingly the difference between bovine protein and beef is similar to the difference between chocolate and cocoa: both the formers include a butter.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Honestly super surprised those aren't sliced the long way so as to make little American spam flags.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

My two year old halfway lives off those bags of frozen Birdseye veggies right now so when she walked by and saw that she shouted "peas and carrots pizza bones!"

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Moose's alces alces basically means elk elk. More good ones like the gorilla are bison bison and caracal caracal.

https://a-z-animals.com/animals/scientific/

Oh nice, that extends the all buffalo sentence string.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I mean I've seen worse Strong Bad fan art.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Resting Lich Face posted:

Don't apologize for turkey chili. Turkey is low key good as gently caress in chili and extremely underrated. I like to go 50/50 turkey and beef.

My chili is a pound of beef and a pound of Mexican style pork chorizo and sure it may be my wet brown tombstone but gently caress is that ever a good base.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Underrated recipe for "just use two packets of kool-aid" immediately below too.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Cheap chorizo paired with pebbly ground beef is the best base for chili and I'm not worried that I've said this before.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Marx Was A Lib posted:

well if we're gonna get real lovely, then i'll come out and say if your seafood isn't from the atlantic northeast, it's not worth eating.

suck it, california.

We are, don't worry.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

why is it cracking at the edges?

Because it is broken.

My favorite part of that stuff is in the rightmost corner where you can see there's a strata of translucent fluid on which continents of hardened fat crust have formed and are sliding slowly around.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The Bloop posted:

I've brought canned beans and also spam on many backpacking trips. Taking up space after they're empty isn't really an issue. The weight is all gone, and you can stuff them with trash you can't burn

There was a store in my neighborhood as a kid that sold dehydrated refried beans and dehydrated cheddar. I'd just mix those in a bag with a packet of burrito seasonings and then portion that out by meal into little travel bags. Tortillas were an easy carry and I could do the whole thing in a foil bag over a fire and skip using the butane. It was great if ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

New We Didn't Start The Fire lyrics just dropped.