Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

Sewer debris and miscellaneous slimes

Think it's really the unnecessarily close-up shot that cinches the gross factor :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

The answer is anorexia! Pretty much everything that person (The Fit Vegan Ginger on Instagram) posts belongs in this thread, except sometimes she has an apple or carrot sticks.

Especially gross food concoctions are apparently a thing in eating disorders

http://edbites.com/2013/05/mixing-it-up-the-role-of-food-concoctions-in-eds/

quote:

Examples of different concoctions:

A paste of hot chocolate mix, powder coffee creamer or powdered skim milk, and sweetener.Sugar on scrambled eggs; peanut butter and chocolate chip sandwiches; condensed milk on bread.Flour or Bisquick® with eggs, oil, sugar, cinnamon and milk eaten raw.Peanuts and raisins in a cup mixed with cereal and honey or syrup.Mashed potatoes w/ Oreos®; Oreo® cookies with peanut butter, pickles, and chocolate.Bananas with peanut butter wrapped in cheddar cheese.Tortilla chips and peanut butter.Peanut butter, mayonnaise, banana, and potato chip sandwiches.Butterbeans, mayo, cornbread and onions mix.Mayonnaise with cheese, beans, ketchup, and beef.Chips in grits, potatoes, and milk mixed together.Cheese with eggs, marinara sauce, pasta and cut-up Slim Jims.

Also in famines

quote:

They have been described as making nauseating and poisonous concoctions of weeds, bark, clay, and manure; grinding acorns and weeds to mix with grain and chaff; eating hard woody roots soaked and swallowed in a green mush substance of pounded leaves, banana skins and mango pits; mixing glycerin or Artic willow with hot water; making watery stews from dirty potatoes and vegetables or with grits and stones; pounding cattle hide into a glue-like substance; mixing old shoes in with shreds of burnt deer skin and bones; thickening soup by mixing sawdust into it; or even when food was more available, thickening food with flour or oatmeal. Clearly, extreme hunger and the uncontrolled unavailability of food motivated the creative mixing of food and non-food substances in these individuals. Concocting was a means of survival.

Yum

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

:(

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

Knife goes in, guts come out

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

FractionMan posted:

I had a bloody Mary made with tequila at a place in London last year. There are very much bloody Mary rules when it comes to that. My friend and I took turns trying to drink it and neither could make it past a sip before gagging.

We hid it behind a menu and felt bad for whoever found it.

I had something like this, but it was called a Bloody Maria :buddy: remember it being pretty tasty though

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

I can eat a ton of sweets sometimes and love all things chocolatey, but this type of desserts-within-desserts garnished with candy stuff always just looks like weird bulimia concoctions :(

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Not gonna lie the Polish pizza at least sounds good to me and I'm probably going to try it out this week some time :shrug:

Not super sure about the quantity of sour cream they want added to the sauce, I'll probably just reserve it and top after baking, but honestly what's wrong with kielbasa, mushrooms, and shredded cabbage?

superior polish pizza recipe

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009
Yeah it looks pretty good to me
Actual gross food content:

Surprisingly not salvaged from a litter box (it's frozen veggie steak strips)

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

This looks like something my Romanian friend would concoct :( she also made "pasta bake" that's just fusili baked in ketchup then covered in cheese slices Just Like Grandma Makes lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009