Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

quote:

Here's a dish I'd never made before, enchiladas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

A rousing game of "Cheese or Mold?"

Vegan feta, apparently!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Missing Name posted:

Antifreeze glaze, adds a nice sweetness

*forensic files guy voice*

ethylene glycol

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Echoing the love for Get Krackin (and the Katering Show)

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Samizdata posted:

At Aldi's they have what is allegedly a popular German snack. It is an unflavored corn puff with powdered peanuts on it. It tastes kinda peanutty and something else. Not sure what it is, but something else.

They're my favourite snack, the French like them too. They're the best but hard to get in England. Usually can be found at tiny local corner shops, for some reason.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

boo_tradley posted:

This looks exactly like it came out of that Czech cafeteria facebook page. So much so that I made this (complete with its own caption):

:discourse:

This was from like 4 pages ago but I'm catching up, and as I'm learning Russian and this is an Eastern European language I wanted to show off if nothing else:

[something- Today's?] lunch, [something] with old bread.

Czech speakers and/or OP, correct me...

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

That presentation is actually rad and it just looks like runny scrambled eggs.

Yeah the only reason it's weird is because it's cooked on the outside instead of just the bottom. It's just normal eggs but they go all over your rice instead of being on the side. Omurice is good.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Schubalts posted:

Is that an okonomiyaki, sushi roll pizza.

Naw that's spicy mayo with salmon, onion, scallions. Nothing okonomiyaki there.

would, if presented in a less disgusting way

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

RareAcumen posted:

Not Esther?

Not at all, Esther's popular now. I've met a bunch of baby Esthers.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Admittedly if I have celery then I might put some peanut butter on it. It's nice, just watery.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

The Bloop posted:

The green stuff makes it look too healthy tbqh

(I hate scallions/ green onions. I know I'm in the minority. Shut up)

That's okay because that topping is obviously chives!

(also you're a monster)

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I've had natto, it's not that bad. The texture is weird but not awful, the taste is bitter and musty, tastes like an old sock, but not that old. Better with the mustard they gave me.

Would try it again probably, because I'm stubborn. I keep shoving green olives in my face because "it's an acquired taste!!" and every time I go ":) this is actually okay! Maybe I finall-UGH NO WHY"

e: The place I had natto was an okinomiyaki restaurant in London, and when I ordered it the waiter said "are you sure?"
"Yep!"
A few minutes later a senior waiter came over. "Hi! You ordered the natto? Do you know what that is?"
"Yeah!"
The food was delivered by the chef. "And here's your natto. Are you sure you ordered this?"
"Yes!!!"

I'm sure they loved watching me take one bite and go "eeeeh no". But it was worth trying.
The restaurant is Abeno btw. Two locations in central London. I'm sure they just scoop their natto out of packets, but great okonomiyaki!

eating only apples has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Apr 23, 2018

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I'm not allowed grapefruit because it interacts weirdly with a medication I'm on and I miss it :smith:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

:lol: "the sesame seeds are awesome"

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
This is just a kid being dumb but it's funny.

quote:

14-year-old told me he had tried to make a hot cheese sandwich... by putting his sandwich on a PLATE on the hob...

The scorch/burn mark on the hob would indicate that what he actually did was put his bread on the hob. I've now shown him how to use the grill."

Good job not setting off all the fire alarms, kiddo. But who at 14 does not know how to make cheese on toast. Come the gently caress on

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Bit late for popcorn chat but I got these:

and they taste exactly like when you've eaten all the butter microwave popcorn out of the bag and stick your finger in to get the final taste of salty fake butter.

They're good. They're also really, really thin for crisps, which is weird, you can almost see through them.

e: "butter with salt" flavour, they're Polish

eating only apples has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Jun 16, 2018

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Beef Stew posted:

drat I know exactly what video you are talking about, I saw it and haven't been able to find it either. I think it was actually some kind of insane hot dog or a sandwich he was making.

Is this not Mestre da Pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

No cop tho

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Cucumber Sprite is available in the UK. I had one can and that was enough for the rest of my life. It's not vile, but it's definitely not even close to good. The cucumber is mostly just a weird aftertaste, the lemon and lime overwhelms it. And it's a really weird aftertaste. No thanks.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
That's tequila

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Fuckin boring nerds itt mad at the most fun thing PYF has seen in years, yall coulda just rolled with it

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Glad to know for sure that sandwich idiot is no one worth knowing, a moron who hasn't ever had good tarka daal, makhani daal or saag paneer

e: I mean i suspected, but it's confirmed now

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

eating only apples posted:

Glad to know for sure that sandwich idiot is no one worth knowing, a moron who hasn't ever had good tarka daal, makhani daal or saag paneer

e: I mean i suspected, but it's confirmed now

This post is "violently angry" apparently

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

And your first post about me was because I don't like the same type of food as you and you got violently angry about it lol, calm down.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

...right

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

RareAcumen posted:

Has anyone tried CalorieMate? For some reason, I thought it was just made up bullshit in Metal Gear.

I got it in a subscription box of Japanese snacks a few years ago. It was the chocolate one, I think. It was very, very dry and didn't taste great. I think I ate one bar and threw the rest away. It looks like something from 50 years ago, I love the aesthetic and just wish it tasted good

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Chemmy posted:

lol you can see “Permanently Closed” on their little Google Map embed

Why is their website still up? Someone call them and find out.

Also they explain their secret Irish filling just below the 4-item menu, it's just beef and vegetables with ~spices~ "simmered for hours". Hm.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

failing forward posted:

Gotta go with Shin Black ramen. You will have the shits after but it's good af. Add in some lime juice, butter, a little Japanese mayo, green onions, fried egg and some seaweed. Bomb.

Never been able to get Shin Black but regular Shin Ramyun I discovered aged 18 and have never looked back, 12 years on, still the best instant noodles by far. They even come in cups so I've converted several idiot Pot Noodle fans. I lived off the Big Cups at uni when I was too isolated to use anything but the kettle in my room to cook. That's real AFP imo. Shut in a room with only crisps, a laptop and Shin Cup as company.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Would extremely haggis pizza

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

RoboRodent posted:

I mean, props for realism in portraying a particularly clotty menstruation. But also, yuck.

Good lord I wish my menstruation was so red, jellified, and negligible

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Detective Thompson posted:

Is this a snakehead? I would guess the picture is from Southeast Asia somewhere, but do they do vegetable noodles there? Or is someone in the US finally doing something productive about invasive snakeheads?

I think that's a mango salad, not veg noodles, so maybe Thai.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

BMX Ninja posted:

We grabbed a few big bags of trick or treat sweets to hand out to kids next week and there were a bunch of Parma Violets in there. They don't taste anywhere near as bad as I remember from my childhood.

But we still picked them out and I gave them to a cow-orker who actually likes them. They don't taste as much of old-lady perfume as they used to, but they're still a gross candy.

Fun fact: parma violets, love hearts, refreshers and other similar (mostly UK-based) sweets are great for heartburn! Because they contain sodium bicarbonate and anti-caking agents like magnesium stearate and magnesium carbonate, they help neutralise stomach acid!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

bob dobbs is dead posted:

But you can just get normal sodium bicarb

Tastes far worse tho

And if you're regularly using otc remedies like rennie and finding that for some reason they give you the shits, eating sweets that help with no side effects can work out pretty well

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

MariusLecter posted:

Cherry tomatoes are great, biting into them and they pop with a snap of the skin and the innards squish out. :yum:

Alright Denethor, chill

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc4PCVGJ580

I was only moderately alarmed until one of the last ingredients came into play

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

SlothfulCobra posted:

What, the jam? I guess jam, cuke, egg, potato, ketchup, ketchup, and (possibly imitation) crab is a weird assortment, but it's not apocalyptic. I have no idea how they'd work together.

Why do the japanese seemingly have a fixation with perfect cubes of food anyways? Cutting off crusts is weird.

Yes, the jam! I was down with potato and mayo, that's potato salad, fine, and the crab and mayo and ketchup, sure, standard, needs more seasoning maybe, but jam?

And it's Korean and honestly I barely noticed the crusts thing. Sometimes don't eat the crusts myself so sure, cut them off.

I do like it when the kids I work with have sandwiches that their parents have patiently removed the crusts from, and they still manage to eat a perfect ㄷ shape out of them.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

LifeSunDeath posted:

I would eat the hell outta that bake mac, even the onion part.

Same, definitely adds flavour

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

LifeSunDeath posted:

Forget Dayum Drops...it's time for a new Cooking with Hoarders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IswOGBOuik

Huh. I remember really believing in Masaokis.

I think I should probably be relieved that it's finally so obviously played up for the camera, but idk

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

WITCHCRAFT posted:

google says canned tuna (and its water) is high sodium, but I have never in my life had a can of tuna that tasted salty in any way. Name brand and store brand, none of them seem to have been salted. Is this a thing in some part of the world, where they heavily salt canned tuna???

TBH I haven't read the nutrition label on my tuna cans in many years, I just accept it as an excellent source of protein and heavy metals to be used sparingly. But if it was heavily salted, you would know without reading the can. Because it would taste salty.

edit: I've had smoked ("kippered?") sardines out of a can that were heavily salted, and no tuna I have ever ate was salty like that.

In the UK tuna is sold in oil or in brine. I don't like it oily so buy the brine one and drain, it doesn't really seem to affect the tuna much though

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Randaconda posted:

It was never clearly explained why a three year old was still in diapers

Have you ever met a three year old?

Just, I work with them and it is not at all unusual, some kids potty train before 3 but most not. I've worked with 4 year olds who still aren't there. If your kid potty trained at 2, you're one of the lucky ones, trust me. I don't want to be changing a giant 4 year old's nappy any more than you would like it. Sometimes they're just not ready, and sometimes their parents won't let them be ready.

Anyway this is... not the thread for giant baby talk.

This is impressively weird. Why bake the dip? Why have the dip on the side, clearly unbaked, at the end? What does baking the sour cream and green onion thing add to any of it??

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

I guarantee no one reading this is cooking rice for 20 people in a big pan in a pinch, and if they are they have a rice cooker

Rice is the easiest thing to cook for 2 or 4 people, there's no need to drain the water off a batch of soggy rice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Weak