Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Kibbeh nayyeh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Data Graham posted:

I wonder who's gonna tell her you're not even supposed to eat sushi with chopsticks.

People say this, but in seven years in Japan, I never saw anyone not use chopsticks. Maybe I didn't go to fancy enough places.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj9DAq8iLQ0

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
I'm having Christmas dinner at my partner's parents' place this year. Apparently, this involves something called "pea mold", which his dad is only allowed to have on Christmas day. Apparently this involves peas and boiled eggs in aspic. Should I take a picture?

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Pea Mould. My boyfriend's father gets it once a year, at Christmas.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Even if they could fix my dish soap gene, I'm still allergic to avocado, so no guac for me anyway.

I was bummed for a bit when I discovered the allergy, but then I remembered that some people are allergic to tomatoes and garlic. And some people even get that tick bite that makes you allergic to meat. An avocado allergy is nothing compared to not being able to eat spaghetti and meatballs :unsmith:

My boyfriend is allergic to tomato (apart from that one time that a waitress thought he said he was allergic to ciabatta) and let me tell you it loving sucks. We got a takeaway Tom Yum soup this evening that turned out to have sliced tomato in it. Why?

But yeah, try going to an Indian restaurant with a tomato allergy. Saag paneer gets boring really fast.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

it was loving delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Randaconda posted:

I'm the small pastry

LARGE pastry