Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Mmm slightly gooey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

We unloaded these off a truck at my old work, and dared each other to try them. Finally one brave dude did and the look on his face was delight and disgust.

Pesto does not make eating a snail out of its shell good.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

That is a definite pile of sad. How does someone gently caress up microwave nachos so bad?

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Mar 25, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I feel like I've been neglecting this thread :(

These two above are hospital food. Yeesh.

The dill means someone failed pickling 101. Pickles aren't even hard!

Somebody has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Mar 27, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Lonely Virgil posted:

Let's play: Guess what this food is.

I refuse to call this food.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

Absolutely vile. Cook all meat thoroughly.

No :colbert:

Scathach has a new favorite as of 19:36 on Mar 28, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That second one reminds me of Kitfo, which is great.

...It always comes back to Ethiopian food with me, doesn't it?

I still have never eaten Ethiopian but it sounds amazing. Raw stuff, odd bread, strange spices-- what's not to like?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

Guesses:
Turkish Delight
Poorly presented mochi confections
Some kind of molecular gastronomy fruit salad
Assorted soups and vegetable pastes that were frozen in ice cube trays

Sorry, I'm a page back but it's homemade baby food. You pretty much got it with that last guess! There's a reason a baby would rather eat mushed stuff from your plate-- baby food is universally bullshit.

Treat those little fuckers with dignity and feed em' from your plate. Don't do this, it's nasty and probably tastes like your freezer anyway.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Mar 30, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Kumaton posted:

What the hell is that mass on the bottom? It looks like grey ground beef, but it's too crumbly and lifeless looking to be even imitation meat. Is that what fake 100% Vegan beef looks like?

I think that's refried vegan beans.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Mmm skin grafts

E: honestly I hope her family gets her help before she does permanant damage to her body or just straight-up dies from malnutrition :ohdear:

Scathach has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Mar 30, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah it kinda becomes obvious she's anorexic when "vegan" suddenly changes to "zero calorie." Yikes.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

:ohdear: Please don't tell me this is ice cream and BBQ sauce or something.

I'm not sure but I found it while searching that poor girl's vegan stuff.

I wonder if luster dust makes your poops shiny?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

So we mixed it with UV Blue vodka and Sprite. I've named many concoctions "Future Drink" but I think that was the one most worthy of the name.

gently caress UV Blue. My only experience with that was getting a Mormon drunk and building a wonky, totally hosed-off-our-asses gingerbread house together. Oh god the headache that left me with.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

You drugged someone against their religious beliefs? Wow.

I guess his curiosity about my heathen and hedonistic ways finally got the best of him. The gingerbread house was pretty awesome, the little people had mohawks and were tasty as gently caress.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

WHY.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

Jesus, that's tragic. :unsmith: I'm glad you convinced him to get some vitamins, though.

I can't remember if I posted this one yet:

The... things on the top, those look like Kraft cheese food squares melted badly onto them.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Mizuti posted:

Nachos, anyone?

Oh my god it's not hot sauce, it's just ketchup

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I'm very concerned about the very few, but very big fries that are likely undercooked.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

What the gently caress why

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

It's like a horrible version of a baked Alaska-- which are also ugly, but delicious.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

I mean, you could eat him. Because he is very small. You could just pop him in your mouth, and oops, there he goes.

But please do not.

If he's anything like my flying and tokay geckos, he'll bite first. Hard. Then scream at you about it and run away.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hey art isn't a waste :(

Anyway have some frosted grapes:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

I am making a separate post to protest frosted grapes. My boyfriend asked if they were pinky rats in cream.

Hi Mr Cash Crab! Yes they might as well be.

E: I'd cover some of the grapes with citric acid powder just to gently caress with people.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Apr 5, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

The straw has a sieve in the other end, so you don't slurp up the leaves. It's just herbal tea.

With lots of caffeine.

Mmm like drinking a sea creature. Or a swamp!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Truly the best troll.

Anyway I really want to try that bubble tea, it looks weird and probably tastes awesome.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I've heard there are some tasty fruit jelly balls. I think I can deal with that. Honestly I haven't seen much of Seattle at all so any food/drink suggestions are totally welcome.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 04:22 on Apr 7, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

iRend posted:

Remember: every fig has a dead, digested wasp inside! every wasp comes with a free fig enclosure!

:colbert:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

He's a very nice, loving man who happens to hate vegetables. I'll convert him one day.

I've been married seven years and only in the past three or so has he started eating non-processed veggies. When I took a handful of blueberries out of the garden last fall he gave me the weirdest look. Eventually they all get over "ew plants" but it might take for-loving-ever. We grew up in completely different environments so it kinda makes sense.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 18:23 on Apr 9, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Just... I... what? Over blueberries? Christ, I'm sorry.

To be fair uncooked fruits/veggies make his throat itch. He eats blueberries, but getting them straight off the bush was a bit weird for the dude.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Apr 9, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

There was a loon a while ago who posted a thread asking how to save money (because she had a baby coming, you see) while absolutely refusing to cut back on her husband's Star Wars memorabilia collecting addiction or her own need to go to concerts and buy one of everything at the stores there. She also refused to cook or even eat healthier partially because her husband was "allergic to fresh fruits and vegetables."

You cannot imagine my surprise now to learn that this is apparently a real thing and not an excuse to continue eating fast food/takeout.

It's a real pain in the rear end. I don't blame people for being weird about unprocessed fruits/veggies and I can kinda see why it makes trying any new food difficult whe the person is an adult. For him it has nothing to do with pesticides, but is likely linked to birch pollen or some other weird pollen. Cooking it solves the problem.

https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/allergy-library/outdoor-allergies-and-food-allergies-can-be-relate.aspx

Anyway gross food!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Apr 10, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Holy hell I love you people but you really need to experience authentic, handmade tamales. They are so much better than that weird mess and wax paper and tortillas are never involved.

Anyway.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Eh, yeah I admit weirdass canned food has it's charms. I discovered instant pho two days ago and well... I ve eaten a ton of pho since then. Pictured below: not pho.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

...are you under the impression that organic produce does not use pesticides?

A ton of people believe that they don't, and suddenly their symptoms disappear when eating "organic" food. Super loving weird woo woo poo poo.

I just watched a video on how McDonald's nuggets are made, and it makes me crave them more. Pink goo is great.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 08:03 on Apr 10, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

cash crab posted:

Agreed. Those things are a godsend.

Oh my god those awful canned potatoes. Saddest food yet. Somehow they're always sour.

Little Caesar's pizzas are amazing.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I discovered some horrible white-people things.

No wonder America is so damned fat.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

These look fine.

The spam and hot dogs plus the kimchi are pretty weird. I feel like all that being mixed together is going to be awful. And the hot-dog-and-bean-pie topped with fake cheese, ew. At least use real cheese.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

This is budae jjigae before the stock and gochugaru/gochujang are added. It's a Korean dish that is extremely good and not at all disgusting.

Oh hell, after recently discovering Korean food I'd have to try that. I think it's nearly impossible to have bad Korean food.

Mmm peanut butter pie

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hold your horses motherfucker. Piggly Wiggly is a real goddamned thing? Holy poo poo.

Pictured below: blueberry muffin soup

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I totally thought those were pop-culture myths or something. The name is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

HEB is a quandary in that if it were a real success it would be sam's club but worse x 1000. Its only strengths are that it is a disorganized lovely mess and sensible mexicans shop there, driving and sustaining the produce section, the only ikea-maze-like area worth a glance.

gently caress Sam's Club. It's owned by Walmart and Walmart is full of poo poo. They treat their employees badly and their "raising everyone to $10/hr" meant that a ton of people-- me included-- got pay decreases so everyone on the bottom only made $10 and the press reported happy bullshit. Walmart is the worst loving place to work, followed quickly by Target.