Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

The Snoo posted:

I know there is everything wrong with that pizza but it makes me sad that their 'favourite toppings' are just the seasonings that should be in the goddamn sauce (which looks like plain tomato paste) :smith:

Also what the gently caress is homemade 'cheeze' ugh it better not be yeast

It's yeast, it's probably Walden Farms zero-calorie tomato sauce, she's anorexic as hell, and every other place on the Internet is already mocking her because every one of her horrible food photos belongs in this thread.

Also, she's writing a cookbook! :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hi guys, I forgot about this thread when it restarted but I want to post Sandra Lee, has anybody posted Sandra Lee yet

Wedding cakes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOSAgsfeppU

She's my favorite :allears:

I'm glad you meant this Sandra Lee, and not the doctor one who makes videos of boils being lanced, etc.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

As a German, this offends me more than any Holocaust joke I ever heard.

It's named after a US chocolate maker whose founder had the last name German, not actual Teutonic people, if it helps any.

A weird cake IMO. I like coconut and I like chocolate, but German chocolate cake never quite works.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress you, gallbladder, I'm going in. :dance:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

bringmyfishback posted:

BUT loving WHY?!?!?!? I do a lot of low-carb baking (yes, I understand that's AFP) and there are literally sixty-four kajillion low-carb brownie recipes out there. I have never said "Wow, I really want my brownies to smell like garbage and be chewy as gently caress."

The answer is anorexia! Pretty much everything that person (The Fit Vegan Ginger on Instagram) posts belongs in this thread, except sometimes she has an apple or carrot sticks.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

gentle pete posted:

There's no description for the last one so I'm going to assume it's some kind of cum cracker.

It's pizza waffles. Protein powder and water scrunched into a vaguely waffle-like shape, topped with Walden Farms zero-calorie "tomato sauce" and some kind of vegan cheese substitute.

Yes, I need to look away from this trainwreck. :smithicide:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Shakshuka is delicious, though not photogenic.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Mizuti posted:

Nachos, anyone?

Not-chose.

I think it's served on brown paper?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Scathach posted:

No wonder America is so damned fat.

Now do Mexico!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

That Lahm bi ajeen is something I've never tried, but goddamn if I don't want a whole one right this minute

The Armenian version (lamejun) is the best thing ever. Both the meat version and the spinach and cheese version.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Aunt Sandy never disappoints. :allears:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Scathach posted:

Does that shoe full of poppers just say "jaleo" on it? Somehow that's more frustrating than it being a shoe full of food.

Jaleo is a smallish chain of tapas restaurants.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Stuffed cabbage. Which is delicious but not attractive.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I miss the almond M&Ms.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

If you don't like tomato juice, you probably don't like Bloody Marys.

Bobby Flay's brunch cookbook has about a zillion different recipes for "mimosas", most of which are to make a cocktail and then add sparkling wine. The watermelon margarita mimosa actually sounded good. And boozy.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus Christ, I'm old as balls and still don't like tomato juice. I doubt I'm going to suddenly start liking it when I'm 90, either.

Y'all can have my share of the tomato juice. Forever.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

My grandma used to drink Clamato.

She also ate baked-bean sandwiches.

She lives to be 94, but I'd rather die young.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The Dollop guys drank Malort on their live Chicago show and they were not delighted. I believe Gareth said it tasted like rubber bands.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

L. Ron Mexico posted:

ya I know. it's what made absinthe real fun in its heyday.

malört i bägaren.... either a pretty funny ironic name for the stuff, or just a weird choice.

It's called malört because it actually is flavored with wormwood (presumably de-thujoned until recently, due to US laws).

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Jun 4, 2016

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Everything about that pizza looks hateful. Crust too thick, cheese looks pallid and there's too much of it, tomato sauce looks pinkish and viscous, and though I love anchovies on pizza, you don't just plop them out of a can to sit atop the mantle of cheese in all their oily splendor.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

serious norman posted:

im the dirty dish cloth

Why do you always get to be the dirty dishcloth? I'm telling Mom.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

That's all I'm asking for. Something to keep this from happening.

Well, that and to make sure people aren't putting it in the oven upside down too.

Black pizzas matter.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Doll cake was very popular in the US in the 1970s.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I bet it's rice pudding.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

And how would microwave pancakes work, exactly?

Apparently they're easy. This recipe was the first of like 100 that were all essentially the same.

I think they would be all steamy and spongy in texture, like those rice cooker pancakes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

tzorilla posted:

I spent few weeks in a hospital recently, and the food was interesting to say the least.

Here's a full album of the delicacies:

https://imgur.com/gallery/dbQ2Q

Gah. Glad you're out of there. That poo poo was horrifying.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

CerealCrunch posted:

I like to start and end my day with a half loaf of bread. If I get hungry after that, I'll have 4, 5 pieces of bread and maybe a few slices of bread

I would die in that hospital because I cannot eat bread. At least the hospital I was in had yogurt.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Loco moco is loving delicious. As is gulab jamun. You were right about the mac and cheese with weird red shards in it, though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I hope Australia's newfound love of American barbecue leads to fascinating new innovations in slow-cooked kangaroo. Please revolutionize our cuisine with your weird animals, friends.

I've had barbecued emu, and honestly it was the best emu preparation I've had, because less dry and stringy than usual.

BBQ EMU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

:perfect:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Are those elderberry and prosecco/Christmas pudding chips just gimmick flavors, like the turkey and gravy Jones sodas they put out around Thanksgiving time here, or are they meant as serious additions to the chips range?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Or, instead of a Soylent, you could have a meal replacement product that was designed by credentialed dietitians and nutrition scientists and prepared in a regularly inspected plant, but wevs, it's your health, not mine.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

EorayMel posted:

I don't even know what this is.

No. Rules!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

cash crab posted:

His original WHAT? WHAT IS IT

Sweetened cod roe in a tube, silly.

Looking that up brought me to this blog for people who want more Swedish culinary oddities.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

I love things like this, because this is how the world sees America.

It is the culinary equivalent of a Karl May novel, agreed.

I've only seen the aggressively healthful Dr. Oetker things in supermarkets here (MA, USA) like the frozen spinach soufflés.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

I thought modern banana candy was based off of a now extinct species of banana that was much sweeter compared to the cavendish that we eat now?

The Gros Michel isn't extinct, it just became not feasible to grow commercially.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I saw the feature on those butter burgers in the magazine, and it made me gag a little. The video made me gag a lot.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Even without the butter, those look like really low rent burgers. Pan fried with off the shelf buns. Isn't that supposed to be a cooking show? Do they not have access to a decent bakery and a grill?

They're duplicating what the particular restaurant does.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

I wish I had taken a picture of this one.

As a bit of set up, my mother is about as terrible of cook as you can get. She's vaguely aware of the concept of cooking, but approaches in a cargo cult fashion. She seems to think that if she just shoves things that vaguely resemble the food she wants to make together that it'll result in something good.
[....]
So last night she decided to make dinner. And she wanted to use some of her bumper crop of cucumbers. So what she did was peel and slice up a few cucumbers, put them in a bowl, and then dumped white vinegar on them.

I did not make that up.

This is a totally normal dish that people who are good cooks make all the time. I would have added thinly sliced red onions and fresh dill; other people would have added sugar and/or parsley, and so on, but "fresh cucumbers plus vinegar" is the basis of a standard summer side salad.

Did we all miss something that made this afp, or do you just not like cucumbers? Or vinegar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

bringmyfishback posted:

No hot dog rules? How about an entirely black hot dog and accompanying bun?

http://www.thekitchn.com/ikea-now-serving-a-jet-black-hot-dog-in-japan-233345

you have shamed yourself and your family, Toddo-san.

I had these things once and they tasted like an ashtray smells.