Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

QuelleFuck posted:

So, white people.

Racism is probably a part of it. Food is a universal thing so it's a point of contact between white people and other cultures. Really the only point of actual contact. Eventually basic things like "spices" and "not serving bland mush" are associated with other cultures so the rejection and ignorance of them becomes a mark of purity. You also get idiots who's idea of Hispanic outreach is eating a taco bowl.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if this is the reason certain people are so protective of barbecue and chili. If they don't preserve it's purity then they can't enjoy it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

RNG posted:

It bums me out that however well I rinse them any dish cooked with black beans comes out looking like purple diarrhea.
For canned beans, after you rinse them off, let them dry on a paper towel lined tray for a while. It really helps for black bean burgers where too much moisture means the patties will fall apart.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Potato Jones posted:

There was a quick minute of putting every food item into a waffle maker going around a little while ago, but waffling hashbrowns and falafel are both totally legit. Waffling tater tots is borderline.

Waffle falafel sounds good and not just as an excuse to keep saying "waffle falafel".

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

cash crab posted:

A coworker of mine posted this, and I know he's one of the better chefs there but this is such a weird picture. I think it's the colour intensity.

Tentacles lightly seasoned with color out of space.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Mymla posted:

It even contains 2 BURGER/BURGERS.

Half BURGER. Half BURGERS. All of their strength with none of their weaknesses.
They call them the BURGwalkers.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Whoever convinced Americans that canned soup should be used as an ingredient in other dishes should face some sort of punishment.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Whooping Crabs posted:

poo poo on a shingle
Crap on a cracker
Manure on a muffin
Dung on a dosa
Caca on focaccia

Gross on a grain

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
98% of people studied were not properly emulsified. Sodium citrate is the new Super Food.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Maybe not rules but bylines of the pizza compact say you should be willing to consume any pizza you construct.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Anything that comes in contact with a pizza is also a pizza so the moment the first pizza was created everything became a pizza.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Cavenagh posted:

Most times I encounter someone recommending a Cracker Barrel, it's for breakfast.

It’s hard to gently caress up breakfast.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Gross. Turkey gizzards should be served rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Waiter! My charcoal hasn’t been activated. Do switch it on for me.