Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

So, maybe this isn't a normal post for this thread, but this stuff is called "Red Red". When I was doing a study-abroad in Ghana, I had the opportunity to taste this dish multiple times, and it's AMAZING. It looks like bananas fell on a pile of vomit, but it's incredible. You use the bananas (plantains, actually) to scoop up the beans. It's insanely good, kind of sweet and savory. I'd highly recommend it if you get the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Absolutely would, though

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

http://dudefoods.com/the-400-white-castle-slider

Oh my god, Would

UWBW has a new favorite as of 17:51 on Oct 11, 2016

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Xen Tricks posted:

Uh, why? That looks horrendous even by the usual low standards of "absurdly expensive foodstuff". None of the flavors or textures would work together at all

Why do people climb mountains? Why did man land on the moon? Because it's there!

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not very visually appealing, barely cooked egg, black mush, grey, grey, grey, grey.

You're not supposed to eat the cardboard underneath the burger

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Found this on Reddit. Holy poo poo. Looks like actual diarrhea.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Just found this on Imgur, and frankly I'm horrified

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Brown beet sugar best sugar.

Pictured; proper Belgian brown sugar pie AKA best pie

Holy poo poo I thought this was an artsy picture of burnt pizza for a bit

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Hold up, I gotta talk about this. This looks like a really, REALLY awesome dish I had when I was working in Ghana called RedRed. It's fried or baked plantains that you use to scoop up a really delicious bean mix. It looks weird, sure, but my GOD it's amazing. I haven't been able to find it stateside, but I'm still looking. I would gladly pay 20 dollars for this god drat meal.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Told a coworker to send me pictures of ugly food. He did it, alright. I don't even know what the hell this is.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Pentaro posted:

I feel this one might be a bingo.

No loose corn :colbert:

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

cash crab posted:

phmilly chemstek

Excuse you, there is nothing wrong with that cheesesteak. :colbert:
Looks like something you could get at Pats or Genos, if I'm any judge (the places that invented the cheesesteak).

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Edit: more IoSM/AFP crossover

:barf:

UWBW has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Jan 24, 2017

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

As someone who used to put Doritos and Cheetos in his sandwiches at lunch when he was 7... would. Just for the memories.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

The Trump Pizza, complete with wall. The only problem is that by the second slice of this huge thing, the mozz sticks in the middle aren't gonna be hot any more. Just cheese sticks on a pizza. Kinda weird. BUT WOULD! WOULD!

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Learned something about Beavers today. And about vanilla.
Never eating vanilla ice cream again...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castoreum

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Revenge is a dish best served sideways

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

According to reddit, this was an attempt at fried rice.

fried loving rice

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Forums user MissingName and I got drunk and made cereal. We need to know... Does the thread approve?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqZ9AmoaZNs

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I love the cereal video so much.

I'm glad someone enjoyed that cereal because it sure wasn't me.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Plinkey posted:

NO RANCH RULES!

Without hesitation.

Ranch on pizza is a thing.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

I have a story that this thread jogged loose from my memories.

A few years ago, I was eating a meal in Ghana, Africa, on a study abroad. It was a seafood soup of sorts, meant to be eaten with Fufu, a finger food, that was dipped into the soup. The soup was delicious, if extremely thick (think long strands that you could twang like a guitar string hanging between your fingers and the bowl).

However, it became apparent that I was not prepared for this cuisine in very short order.

I picked up some meat from the bowl, and bit down on it.

*crunch*

What the hell was that? Is this a bone?

It was some kind of triangular cut, and I was having trouble figuring out which part I was actually supposed to eat. I tried several different angles, but no matter where I bit down, it was like biting into a rock. Finally, antagonized by my own meal, I brushed the covering of the thick soup off the chunk of meat to discover... I had been biting into a fish head for the past 2 minutes.

I had a good laugh about it after the shock wore off, and set back to work eating my meal. The very next thing I pulled out of my soup was an entire crab, still whole, that looks like it had just been chucked directly into the pot.

Or maybe it just fell in...

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

It looked a lot like that, actually.

Crabs are rad, but crustaceans should never be unexpected.