Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

steinrokkan posted:

Bio cheese: All the nutritional value of cheese, replaced with pure fat and starch. For your health

So cheese, just without the minor amount of protein and the nice amount of calcium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

subpar anachronism posted:

I have some of that peanut butter in my cabinet because I bought it on a lark once. It has been in there two years because it is not very good.

It's great when you put it in oatmeal to cram a little bit more protein into your meal after a workout when you don't want to add more milk and eggs.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I'm certain the US education not only wants to dumb children down, it wants to kill them too.

First one is South Korea and two of them are clearly from Japan so it's a global issue.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

rndmnmbr posted:

:eng101: Potatoes in your burrito is a genuine Mexican thing.

So are hot dog tacos. Turns out "authentic" Mexican is pretty drat variable.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

deadly_pudding posted:

Does anybody have a lock on what Italian food was before the tomato? I know the Romans invented broccoli, so that's a thing.

Roman food was a lot of roast meat, olive oil, fish and the typical Mediterranean vegetables and fruits, flat bread, fish sauce and a lot of wine. Basically the typical diet of Southern Europe before the Ottoman's and the Columbian Exchange.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You've gotta post the tweet that goes with this one, because it's hilarious, and relevant now that we have the food fads rolled in.

https://twitter.com/veganrevoiution/status/592329814058639360

I constantly balance not eating meat with getting enough protein since I lift. That is not near enough protein for a meal for anyone.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

A mayonnaise on white bread sandwich with tiny pastries?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Chantilly Say posted:

Right! And yet if somebody goes to Applebee's for the experience (sports poo poo on the walls, kids menu with jokes and crayons, colorful syrupy daiquiris) they're apparently scum.

Well yeah, because that isn't an experience, that is Hell given the form of a dining establishment.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

NotAnArtist posted:

I probably would at least once

That's Walmart store-brand dude, it'll be garbage.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

NotAnArtist posted:

Don't eat cat turds my man

I miss making pickled okra, I should plant okra next season and make some again.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Julias posted:

Bring back Chimm of Changa.

E:

That looks like a tamale with a very sad New Mexico-style green chili.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

RNG posted:

As far as sad middle American food, one of my worst experiences was when I was a vegetarian and went to Cracker Barrel with coworkers (I'd never been there before). I ordered the "four vegetable platter," figuring that if someone was ordering all vegetables this must be the vegetarian option, and 3/4 of the dishes were cooked with ham or bacon.

Welcome to The American South, where almost all vegetables are cooked with ham, bacon, lard or sugar.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

InediblePenguin posted:

in East Texas they put squeeze butter on the tables at the Tex-Mex restaurants that mostly cater to white people (I've never seen it on the table of a place with its menu in Spanish, only at the honky joints)

What sort of trash animal puts butter on sopapillas? You put honey on those.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

My grandpa would do this with milk, pepper and sometimes more salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

My grandpa made this back when he was still allowed to (my grandma basically doesn't keep the poo poo around to let him anymore) except replace coffee with milk, and add a ton of stale, dusty black pepper.

I tried it once. It wasn't as horrifying as you'd think, but it was still not something I'd ever eat again.

KiteAuraan has a new favorite as of 19:09 on May 1, 2018