Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Solice Kirsk posted:

May I introduce you to single best burger I have ever had in my entire life:

The "Ministry" burger from Kuma's Corner. Its a burger of the month so only comes around once a year if you're lucky.

-Bacon Fat Aioli

-Applewood Smoked Bacon

-Fried Gouda Cheese Wedge

-Caramelized Vegetable Medley

-Red Wine Gravy

-Fresh Thyme

Would so loving hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Spinach Queso!

This stuff is actually not bad, except make your own rotel with tomatoes and jalapenos. Also chop some onion and baby spinach. I've got nothing on the velveeta, but use the white stuff instead.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

gently caress.

I dunno, looks good to me :yum:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PCOS Bill posted:

Absolutely vile. Cook all meat thoroughly.

I grew up not liking steak because my parents like to eat shoe leather, so now that I'm an adult I like steak to taste good

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I couldn't tell you, but my parents aren't necessarily anti-food, but everything is as bland as possible, mostly frozen, in boxes, bags, or cans :negative:

Sadly it was passed on to my brother who will actually turn hamburgers into hockey pucks. Thankfully I accidentally destroyed my microwave when I was 24 and was forced to learn how to cook for myself, otherwise I'd probably be the same way

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I have the sudden urge to do some Charlie Work

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BraveUlysses posted:

Your illiteracy has screwed us again charlie!

Wildcard bitches!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Aesop Poprock posted:

Hey usually you're good with animal facts! :colbert: That one does have one parasite in it but the rest of the "larvae" are actually a fecal shield.

http://thebuggeek.com/tag/fecal-shield/

I feel like it belongs as part of some kind of Shitlord class in D&D.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Wanamingo posted:

Also useful for making hats

mercury :yum:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I may have made a huge mistake.

What are the pizza rules again?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ddraig posted:

There's literally nothing wrong with canned foods and those who think there is are the worst kinds of food snobs.

I use those canned potatoes in cooking. They're excellent in a homemade vindaloo :colbert:

I could rant for hours about the food my parents eat. I've discovered that they just hate flavor at all, and to this day they still bitch about how when I cooked for them I used "too much onions and garlic." By that it was one small onion, and one clove of garlic.

Basically everything they eat comes from a can, box, or is frozen. It's so sad that they're so used to eating that way, that an actual home-cooked meal with effort put into it is not good to them.

That said, I actually don't have issues with that pre-made stuff, it's a great timesaver. I don't care if you throw down a can of something, or a box of Betty Crocker if you're actually putting effort into something, it's just when that's all you eat it's sad :smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

No lie, I actually like jarred Cheez Whiz. Much better than the spray cans.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hirayuki posted:

Lunchtime! I picked up this frozen Chili's At Home meal today:

It looked pretty good, and other things I've tried in that line have been tasty enough.

The AFP reality:

:(

There were three pieces of chicken in there. At least it didn't taste horrible.

The Sweet Bourbon Pork and Rice one is the only one actually worth eating.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hirayuki posted:

I did look at that one, but I think it had more calories than I wanted to spend on lunch. I'll pick it up next time. The Nacho Potatoes and the Island Chicken & Rice were all right, as I recall.

Yeah, for frozen garbage, as a whole, you could do worse.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RNG posted:

Re: frozen crap, when I was a kid I used to love chipped beef on toast. And deviled ham sandwiches. Urgh.

I thought about picking up some deviled ham to see what the hell was wrong with me, but it's like $3 for a little tiny can of shredded bologna.

If you ever look at the nutritional facts on a can of pork brains, one of those little cans has like 400% of your RDA of sodium.

I still like Deviled Ham and Vienna Sausages. I only buy them like once a year because they're pretty bad for you though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm not sure you understand the concept of this thread, because this owns.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

deadly_pudding posted:

:staredog:
At first I thought the inside of the container was lined with plastic like a trash bag. That's just poutine gone somewhat wrong, isn't it. The cheese curds have all liquified.

It's Spanlove, Spanlove is a bad poster

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
They look like delicious cheese-puffs to me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cash crab posted:

Most Ontario craft is garbage. I think there's something in our water that compels us to overdo poo poo in a heavily self-conscious sort of way, so we end up collectively pretending we all think Steamwhistle is decent and that adding fruit to heavily sedimented craft beers is the height of light-heartedness.

Also, I love this because the answer to "Who could ask for more?" is answered by the child. "Me," he says, "I want more. Feed me real food, you crazy bitch. I am calling CPS."

I would eat that. Of course, I also like SPAM :smith:

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Their beer is ok but it can't really stack up these days. Oregon is where all the big money in craft beer is flowing these days and the competition is really fierce.

I'd say this is my take on Rogue, it's not bad, but it's not quite as ahead of the pack now as it was 10 years ago when I first had Dead Guy.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

whiteyfats posted:

Fried Spam is pretty good, really. (but I'm white trash)

Deffinitely, I always have a can of it on hand for "emergencies."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RNG posted:

Trying to think of the worst alcoholic beverage I've had in my life and there's a clear winner.

It's my own fault for buying bottom-shelf liqueur, but I was curious about what kirsch even tastes like. I still don't know kirsch tastes like, but now I know what those blue urinal cakes taste like.

Someone has never made the mistake of buying Root Beer Schnapps :barf:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gleebster posted:

I kinda like a chartreuse now and again, but anything anise-flavored makes me feel like this woman:

That's just Patton Oswalt in a dress

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Time to go to the store, guddamn

I can't buy that stuff because I have better stuff readily available, literally right next to it

http://www.bluegrassqualitymeats.com/

http://queencitysausage.com/

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You might've added too much. A tiny bit is all it takes. If you take a bite and immediately go "ag salt," you've done hosed it up.

AG is silver though

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FractionMan posted:

I had a bloody Mary made with tequila at a place in London last year. There are very much bloody Mary rules when it comes to that. My friend and I took turns trying to drink it and neither could make it past a sip before gagging.

We hid it behind a menu and felt bad for whoever found it.

What kind of tequila was it?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FractionMan posted:

Looks like they've changed up the menu so it's no longer there (thank god) but they claim to use Olmeca Altos for their cocktails, so I guess that. The Tequila Mojito was drinkable, but still not great. None of their cocktails at the time had anything except tequila as the alcoholic content in them so were pretty awful to me. In defence of the restaurant though, their churros were top notch.

It's probably some bottom shelf sewer water tequila, sorry

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sakurazuka posted:

It is where I live

Sorry you live in a lovely country

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

chitoryu12 posted:

There was an episode of Cutthroat Kitchen that was all grandmothers, and the final challenge was pies. One of the sabotages that a contestant got was having all heat sources removed except microwaves. I can't remember if she won, but she did successfully bake a pie in a microwave by using a ton of very short nukings and stirring in between each so it would all heat evenly. Turns out that as a grandmother cooking in a small house for a lot of people, she had become extremely adept at using the microwave for everything.

:science: The "heat source" (Magnetron) in a microwave only has two states of on or off. When you set the power level to something less than 100%, the microwave is just turning the magnetron on and off accordingly.

Now, I personally do not own a microwave, but reheat leftovers at work, and I typically double conventional times and run them at 60-70% power depending on how dense what I'm heating is for the same reason of allowing the heat to transfer more evening.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Would so hard

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fish Of Doom posted:

I like that they have people smashing them into each other on the ad. They're either making a toast to their gross fast food, like "cheers!" *smash*, or they're colliding like two rams fighting.

Chizza demolition derby

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

subpar anachronism posted:

I know ice cream in bread is a thing in some other countries but would not. BP has gone too far. Not even sure if the square think is a klondike-bar-like square of chocolate, or just a square piece of ganache or something.

I really have no idea how I feel about this :ohdear:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

I predict it will be yummy but will look dire.

I just thought, maybe the bun, is more like a light cookie/cake, and decided "would"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

And yet a blended pikachu is more appetizing than the terrible thoughts of what Tiggum puts on his food.

I really want to try Pikachu flavored ice cream now

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RareAcumen posted:

I gotta say, I never really thought of Little Debbie as a company that kept up with the times.

Also, these things exist as well now.

I'm not sure you understand what anti-food is

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RareAcumen posted:

I know, I just wanted to post those things because how dare they do this to churros and also emoji brownies are something that've never crossed my mind.

Eh, Little Debbie changes the theme on their brownies every couple months, if it wasn't usually focused on public domain themes, they'd probably have Pokémon brownies every year.

Goddamn I want an oreo churro now though :yum:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

whiteyfats posted:

I really like Little Debbie oatmeal creme pies and fudge rounds.

It's me, I'm the fat American. :smithicide:

It's ok, we all do, they're everyone's shameful :btroll: secret

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mds2 posted:

I'd consider blowing someone for a box of Hostess Ding-Dongs.

You don't say? :grin:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mng posted:

At the chocolate mountains of madness.

ia cthulhu fhtagn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

LOOK ON MY WORKS AND DESPAIR!

I didn't eat breakfast this morning, now I don't need to!