Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

RareAcumen posted:

Also, these things exist as well now.

Wait, ready in minutes? I thought this was America, I want my churroreos now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I'm not sure if they hosed around with the colour balance but there really is a part of the human brain that goes "NO BLUE IS NOT A FOOD"

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

you know, you know in your heart

it isn't strawberry syrup

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

FetusSlapper posted:

I think its a sandwich made with one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5JchC0nQcM

I like this lady. She seems like you'd come home from school and there'd be a pile of weird triangle snacks for you to eat.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I went to the supermarket and:

I don't mind that it's for sale, I mind that it's on the impulse purchase rack and has been for years.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

steinrokkan posted:

Can you take a picture of the ingredients, I wonder if it is just some herbs you are supposed to serve with snails, or if they are trying to emulate the snail itself.

It's garlic, salt, parsley, etc.

The snails themselves are canned and on a higher shelf. There's M'Lord brand and also Store Brand.

Why pay extra for name brand snails?

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Whoa whoa a whole CLOVE of garlic? Are you trying to kill me?

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Yep. Mouse hors d'oeuvre, molten oil, and the entire fryer. It was a Fry Baby:

so it wasn't too big. To say she was slightly traumatized by the event is probably an understatement.

Anyway, I dug it up and "disposed of it properly" in the Spring. She does not know this.

You had a perfectly good chance to say mouse d'oeuvre and you didn't. Ten points from Gryffindor.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

NotAnArtist posted:

The Canadian in me wouldn't refuse these at least once.

They had them at Food Basics for .99$ a while back, I couldn't bring myself to try them but I did try the butter chicken version which was surprisingly acceptable.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Every time I think of this thread the phrase "bone app the teeth" goes through my head and makes me giggle.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Whatever happened to rib kid? I like to think he's leading a full and happy life, full of ribs.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

None of us will ever be as happy as rib kid.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Butt Ox posted:

Fried okra is good, pickled okra is good, gumbo with okra is good. I haven't found an application of okra I don't like and I wonder what weird rotten okra you guys have been eating.

You can get fresh okra for like two weeks of the year here, otherwise it's frozen, canned, or pickled. Come to think of it I've never seen pickled available.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Tashilicious posted:

I have never, ever, in my life, seen or made an egg that overcooked and I seriously have trouble making out if its like... a slice or boiled ham or something
Who are these people? Who raised them?!

It's an overcooked egg in a bread hole, the other thing is the bread hole's previous tenant.

Like this isn't MC Escher or something

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

That's a would, right there.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

There's a Korean lady who sells black garlic by the jar at the local farmer's market and we are becoming fast friends (although her KimChi is vegan and kind of... meh.)

Is Donair sauce the same everywhere? It's condensed milk, sugar, garlic powder, and vinegar in Nova Scotia, which has a crazy Donair scene and is where I learned to drunkenly love Donair. Pizza Corner for life.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

InediblePenguin posted:

in East Texas they put squeeze butter on the tables at the Tex-Mex restaurants that mostly cater to white people (I've never seen it on the table of a place with its menu in Spanish, only at the honky joints)

"Spread"

Not even going to pretend it's margarine let alone butter at this point, just "general spread"

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Pomp posted:

yeah tuna salad is disgusting

how wrong can one person be

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Here is a good chicken salad recipe: nice leftover roast chicken, red onion, good mayonnaise, crushed walnuts, tarragon, salt + pepper. Mix it up, put on buttered toasted bread, eat.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Instant mashed potato flakes make a really good thickener for stews and the like, beats faffing around with a cornstarch slurry.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I really hate people who go to a Cambodian or Vietnamese place and are all "CHOPSTICKS PLEASE I AM SO GOOD WITH THEM" when I'm pretty sure the answer in Cambodia and Vietnam is basically "shove it in your foodhole and get out"

Like there's chopsticks or there ain't, yes they keep some for people like you, you are trying to eat non-sticky rice with chopsticks, you are going to ruin your shirt, I hope you do.

Not all Asian countries use chopsticks! If they give you a spoon, use the spoon. You're like 30, you know how to do things.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

bone app the teeth

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I'd like to point out that either that woman is wearing shrimp heads on her fingers or the acid is kicking in.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bHGb6eoZPI

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

We had these plates in the 80s

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Raisin pie is actually not that bad. When I worked in community healthcare we had a guy who was, basically, slow. Rural community and everyone kind of pitched in to keep him going along and happy. Anyway his mom taught him how to make pies before she died, and his raisin pies were by far the best. Won a contest over to the next village by.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Oh just eat it out of the tube like god intended

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

My o Mia! That sure Taste'a Like'a Pizza!

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

whiteyfats posted:

It does. So loving terrible, almost as bad as mayonnaise.

My god, look how wrong you are

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

It's an extremely common measurement.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Panfilo posted:

The trick is to sieze the burg with the burger diaper it should come with and just squeeze the semisoft innards into your mouth like a tarantula devouring a mouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yxY1vWf5mM

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I had ham salad for dinner which was good but also curried and involved canned ham and dill pickles.

I'm sorry you just get ham salad pretty much only at funerals and no one I like has died recently.

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Oh lordy I'm having an attack of the vapors! *eats banana and mayonnaise sandwich, southishly*

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Mayo is great on pizza

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Mymla posted:

"No mayo" is like the first rule of pizza.

no pizza rules

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

What if you did like you do for a quick baked potato and inserted some galvanized nails into the meatpuck before backing so thermal conduction warms the inside??

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Throatwarbler posted:

"Chicken ham" also seems a bit odd but I guess "ham" is just a generic term in Asia for processed deli meats.

Most of the meats at Subway in America are turkey-based

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

you guys are getting really close to pizza rules

angerbeet
Mar 23, 2004

plob

That's a pretty good Halloween thing tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbeet