Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib
Re: Subway chat - whenever I get into a depression funk, I find myself eating at subway a lot. Usually a turkey sub. It's like the white noise of food.

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hirayuki posted:

For context: Coney Island hot dogs / pączki. Two great tastes that taste :gonk: together.

I've been a busy with work and without internet, but would...

and did.

American is just a couple blocks from my office, so even though we had an assload of real packzi someone stopped on the way in and grabbed a half dozen (helps when you're a regular, I guess).

__TRIP REPORT__

It's a deep fried jelly donut, but with a hotdog, chili, onions. and mustard instead of jelly. The sweetness of the glazed outside kind of compliments the inside, kind of like the krispy kreme donut burgers. Wouldn't eat every day, but it's still pretty good. 7/10, would eat again.

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Millennial Sexlord posted:

This is exactly the sort of poo poo I'm talking about. Why spend $25 on a very good, well made pizza with interesting flavors:

when you can spend $25 on UNLIMITED PIZZA AND SUGAR JUICE for your 4 screaming poo poo factories?

It's only good when you and your roommate smoke a bunch of weed and it's within walking distance of your lovely suburban apartment.

I'd never seen him so happy "dude, macaroni pizza"

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib
I've been back-and-forth to the upper Peninsula of Michigan couple times this year even though they're delicious, pasties are kind of gross looking.

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

angerbeet posted:

Who likes their pizza extra wet? Pressure cooker pizza!

https://gfycat.com/ComposedIdealisticHare

(sorry I have no idea how to link webm and not make them super huge)

I don't understand. Is the oven broken?

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Crust First posted:

My favorite part of this is at the end, they put the pizza on a cutting board next to a pizza cutter, and then use a knife to randomly chop an off center slice out of the pizza?!

good lord, didn't notice that. i know, no pizza rules, but can we at least get some pizza guidelines or best practices?

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Decoy Badger posted:

There is the Nutrition North Program or whatever it's called. In their infinite wisdom, the Conservative government implemented it such that it was an annual direct cash payment towards the handful of store owners, who pinky-swore to apply it directly to food prices. As a result, this market-model approach promoted efficiency and transparency and subsequently Arctic children dramatically improved their level of nutrition and ahahaha none of that actually happened. The owners pocketed the cash with zero oversight and things are still pretty lovely!

In a faintly mocking gesture, the government "fixed" the system by requiring all stores to print on each receipt the total subsidy received for the goods purchased.

Most people largely rely on community freezers, fishing and subsidized hunting of migratory fowl and rapidly dwindling caribou herds to survive.

When skinning a caribou, you often find botfly larvae under their pelt and it's apparently quite a delicacy when eaten live! Although I'm told that only the old grandmothers still eat them.

there's a decent episode of Vice's Dead Set on Life (if you can stand Canada's Action Bronson, Matty Matheson) that shows the realities of this: https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/the-high-cost-of-arctic-living/5808f84e085ba8315f6b69dc

It's been a dream of mine for a while to run off to Alaska or the Canadian Arctic for a while now, but the cost of food and slow internet (i telecommute to work, so need good internet) make it unfeasible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

rodbeard posted:

My childhood weird food was peanut butter and bologna sandwiches. At least it tasted better than mayonnaise on a sandwich.

my sister used to take the mustard bottle, insert the tip into her nostril and then inhale as much mustard... gas(?) as she could handle. She was like 5-6 at the time.