Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

cash crab posted:

Jesus, that's tragic. :unsmith: I'm glad you convinced him to get some vitamins, though.

I can't remember if I posted this one yet:

that looks like a big blob of algae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

FFT posted:

lame and inappropriate

i made this the other night

This is like a 4 or 5 on the bristol stool chart

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

"So the effective sample size they were working with was 15, and one dude with leprosy said he hunted and ate armadillos. Ideas for a headline?"

"EATING ARMADILLOS GIVES YOU LEPROSY" :thumbsup:

did you not know about that?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Devonaut posted:

spaghetti bread

cinco pasta bear

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Murphy Brownback posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just burnt fries+lighting. I've made ones that look remarkably similar by putting a batch in the oven drunk and promptly passing out in bed until morning, so they baked for a good 10 hours or so.

e: what fetusslapper said

how did you not wake up to the fire dept kicking down your door.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
the most common tasting note I've seen for malort is "rubber band"

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

teenytinymouse posted:

Made chicken and beetroot risotto a bloody pile of stuff for dinner tonight

when I was a kid I was on vacation in the florida keys and one day I ate like a pound and a half of fresh bing cherries and then spent the rest of the day on a sailboat. this glistening crimson slop took me right back

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Kumaton posted:

This place pretty much prided itself on having absolutely loving gargantuan food. The burger I got was the size of a small plate. I was a bit surprised they had those wimpy rear end onion rings instead of the bigger ones, and it doesn't help that the rings were floppy and tasteless.

Fake edit: also I saved a quarter of the burg when I got home and when I ate it I bit into something chalky and hard so yeah not going back there again.

those look like they were breaded in-house, the huge ones that come armor-coated with breading and are uniform in size and shape probably come to the restaurant frozen on a truck

like heres some good onion rings

and some bad ones

the ones in your pic look closer to 'good' onion rings imo.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I thought it was pork loin.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

AlbieQuirky posted:

A lot of Greek places have gyros fries, though those usually have feta or mizrathi cheese rather than cheddar.

well if it's something called 'gyros fries' from a Greek place why would anyone expect cheddar

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

what the actual loving gently caress

I have insomnia, it is 5:40 AM, I am 90% hoping that I didn't just see anything that loving stupid

and 10% contributing to the thread, as I have put UHT (...right?) milk in my coffee and it is bad

its ok, its just a jar of dried food.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Bubblyblubber posted:

The r/relationships thread sends its regards.

I just love her complete confusion when faced with paprika.

I can see her point if the guy doesnt actually have the cooking chops to make the stuff she is talking about and if he's constantly trying new recipes there are going to be some gently caress ups

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Grand Fromage posted:

(it was actually good and I'd eat it again :ohdear: )

that looks pretty good. I wish we could get it in estados unidos

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Big Centipede posted:

I want to curl up inside and pull the bun over me like a blanket

I like parties, I like fun
I want to live in a hamburger bun

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Shark Sandwich posted:

I hate to break up pastry chat but what do we think of this?

gross

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Bubblyblubber posted:

No gods, no masters, put a whole loving roast chicken all up in them pizza guts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Ralph Crammed In posted:

If you're having difficulties finding a good place to buy your coffee flavored warm milkshakes a good option is to grow up and just make your own coffee at home with beans you like that you like.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Picnic Princess posted:

HERE'S YOUR GODDAMN HOT DOG SANDWICH NERDS

this is a good way to do it if you dont have proper hot dog buns. more surface area means more grill marks too which is good

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
gently caress trendy restaurants you have to stand in line all day for, that goes for any type of food in any city

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
stuff like that is for tourists and suckers

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
thats the paradox of stuff like food network and food blogs, they can elevate a place like franklins to institution status in just a few years which is great for the restaurant, but it makes it a big hassle to eat there

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

NewFatMike posted:

Standards adequately lowered:

I bet that really does smell like Divine

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

NinjaDebugger posted:

I was starting to come down with some flu or whatnot, mom's rear end in a top hat boyfriend thought I was being a picky eater because I felt kinda sick and didn't want to eat. I puked on the plate, and he made me eat it.

lmao

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Picnic Princess posted:

My sister-in-law worked at a manager at Domino's Pizza and they used to ladle some kind of vegetable oil on their pizzas to give them the appearance of being really greasy with real cheese. That was the early 2000s in Canada, not sure if it's still a thing.

i worked at a pizza hut one summer around 2000, the deep dish crusts were discs of frozen dough. You would ladle a cup of cooking oil into the deep pan, put the frozen disc on top of that and put it in a locker thing to proof overnight. thats why the deep dish pizzas were crispy on the bottom, they were saturated with about a cup of oil

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

get this outta here

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Winter Stormer posted:

Ketchup is only for french fries, and even then only mixed with hot sauce or sprinkled with black pepper

tots

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

"Pepper" is slang for "dick" in Korean.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01052004

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

angerbeet posted:

How are canned dolmadakia? I keep seeing them on the 'ethnic' aisle at the supermarket and am intrigued but I kind of figured they'd be gross.

the only good dolmas Ive ever had were at a greek festival where they were served hot and also had meat in them in addition to the rice

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

bloom posted:

I don't get this whole thing of using crushed chips or cheetos or whatever as a spice or god forbid an ingredient. Why not just use actual spices?
because using crushed up snack foods is different than using actual spices. Not better but different. It's a novelty and people like to try new things

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

this one looks like somebody was drunk leaving a restaurant and got a to go box and just crammed everything on the table into one styrofoam shell

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Grassy Knowles posted:

Chinese buffet with to-go charged by the lb is how I always saw such monstrosities in college.

Chinese buffet pizza is worse than lunchables.

the lovely rice krispy treats and jello cubes are definitely chinese buffet fare so I bet youre right

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Who What Now posted:

The Midwestern kind.

this is an unbelievably tired joke but in this case its true. A remote rural town I lived in had some liquor stores and an Indian restaurant all run by an Indian family from New York. Why the gently caress they left new york and settled there is beyond me, unless they were hiding from somebody. One day I saw that the restaurant had a lunch buffet and I couldnt believe my luck finding an Indian lunch buffet in this poo poo smear of a town. Well I went inside and guess what. The buffet had fried catfish, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, boiled green beans and other hick food available in half a dozen other places around town. My suspicion confirmed, no Indian food on the buffet because it would attract zero customers. The only regulars at this place were guys who would sit at the bar and pound bud lights where their families wouldnt think to look for them.

Another time I brought my uncle along as help on a work project and we ate at the little chinese buffet in town. He didnt know what to do with himself because he was almost 70 and had never had "Chinese" food let alone Chinese food. Thats why rural Chinese places have pizza chicken nuggets and fries.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Samizdata posted:

I don't often see him say his work is outright horrible, but he did say that about the All-Meat Burrito. (And I mean, he made the thing from the Taco Town commercial and liked it!)

it seemed like he went out of his way to make the first one suck so his own would look better. like he didnt make any kind of sauce, didnt put anything else in it, etc

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

poop dood posted:

He makes a point of being faithful to the source material for his first attempt. You'll notice that in the Regular Show clip, the burrito appears to be a pile of ground meats in a tortilla, which obviously won't be good but he had to do it because that's what was in the show.

yep. fair enough

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It's not always pink pink pink. I like it in jianbing, but it's not bad with eggs or on a salad, frankly. Bit like putting chips/crisps on salad, but whatever.

fake edit: Serious Eats, gently caress off. I got the pic from there and they called it "Chinese cotton candy." I can tell you fo sho that meat and spun sugar don't taste much alike; also Chinese cotton candy is just loving cotton candy.

Ive had some pork floss that was oddly sweet though. I think I have some in my kitchen right now

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

fizzymercy posted:

Bananas foster? It's way more delicious than it looks! My mom used them as an excuse to constantly have brandy in the house "just in case we need to throw a dinner party!". Sometimes she'd toss some toasted coconut or chopped pecans in there, and it looked like a horrible accident but it tasted like heaven served in a crepe with cream.

Come to think of it, my mom only made those when we had fondue parties with the other USAF officers and their wives.

Oh.

Oh god.

use rum for bananas foster

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Whats the bit in the lower left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

chitoryu12 posted:

I actually don't think I've ever seen scotch (or whiskey in general) in any containers but glass and ceramic. The lowest I've ever gone for vodka was Kharkov, which is a level 3. Tasted and smelled like a more mild nail polish remover.

Is there even such a thing as cheap, bad scotch? I've never found it.

Inver House. Always cruelly stocked on the bottom shelf as the only people who reach for it are impossibly old and frail or too ataxia stricken to lift and carry it to the register