Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Panfilo posted:

How is it that different than using sour cream, cream of onion soup, etc as an ingredient?

Sour cream is an ingredient, unlike ranch, cream of onion soup, or "etc" which I assume is composed of other processed packaged foods.

Edit: Ranch dressing can be delicious, it's use is just, much like cream of onion soup, often a symptom of having no idea how to cook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Panfilo posted:

Ranch is just a popular thing to bitch about in TYOOL 2016 much like bacon.

I've had amazing mole sauce with chicken that consisted of several processed ingredients in its production but I don't take that as an indicator that the person who made it doesn't know how to cook.

If that mole had either ranch dressing or cream of onion soup in it they definitely don't know how to cook.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Last night, discussing dinner, someone suggested "Let's order some pizzas and I'll make a salad" and I knew she meant she would make a green salad in addition to the pizza but largely thanks to this thread I imagined making a salad out of the pizzas

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Bubblyblubber posted:

Cook it sous vide in a loving bathtub.

There, happy now?????

Thread title

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I really don't like organ meats. I've tried most of them at least once and I just don't. Heart and tongue are pretty good, and I used to eat diaphragm at Korean BBQ (but that may have been a mistranslation).

Cow diaphragm is also called skirt steak, or sometimes romanian steak, and can be delicious or tough, stringy, and awful depending on how it's cooked. Heart, tongue, and skirt steak are all made of muscle, so taste much more like meat than other organs.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

I've had avacado ice cream that was good, and Olive oil ice cream topped with Sea salt that was delicious.
Spicy ice cream can be good too. Chocolate and hot pepper, or Indian spices like cardamom etc are delicious. I think they all count for this thread though because people are repulsed at the thought until they taste them.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

In my family we called Jonny Marzetti "Doody Lump Coodgels" because our parents had us name it as young children. Doody Lump Coodgels were delicious.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The hotdog didn't really even add any flavor, it was just kind of there.

I know post/username comboing YIEA is a pretty old joke and this is from several pages back but come on

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Yeah passover involves bitter herbs, salt water, hard boiled eggs, a kind of fish meatball which can be delicious but is often so vile it can only be stomached by seasoning with a lot of horseradish, 4 cups of wine, and a long ritual with you extended family while everyone is hungry and tired. It's a great holiday if you like getting drunk and arguing with your family but the worst days of the year to throw up.

On the other hand, I believe the best food to throw up is mint ice cream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

I feel the need to defend red delicious apples. When they were first discovered, they were legitimately delicious. They were also round with yellow streaks. Since then they have been bred for looks and now the red delicious apples you find in supermarkets are the worst. But there are still orchards producing the original cultivar and they are the best apples I've ever had. This article has a photo of some of them
https://dailygazette.com/2012/10/23/1023_apples/

Unfortunately I have no idea where or how to get them now.