Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

58 Grilled Cheeses Worth Selling Your Soul For

Basically everything in this list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I cook with fish sauce and I basically have to hold my nose until it simmers for a while, but there's somehow no fishy taste in the finished product.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Bloody marys are disgusting.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I feel like somebody watched cutthroat kitchen and decided to play along at home.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

You guys know a hot sandwich isn't supposed to be cold in the middle right? I've never heard of that and I've eaten plenty of roast beef. That fucker probably just didn't want to admit he hosed up. You're supposed to let your meat rest before serving it so you don't have this problem.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

When i want instant spaghetti I dump jarred pasta sauce on a packet of ramen noodles instead of the little seasoning packet and that only takes 3 minutes.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

That's not chocolate. It's chocolate flavored carob.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

Most places will make it without the fish sauce if you ask, though.

There's a ramen place near me that dumps an overwhelming amount of bonito flakes on every dish so I tried ordering something vegetarian just to get away from it and the vegetarian dish came out completely covered in bonito flakes. For some reason some people think fish is vegetarian.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Here's the next important question - did you poop gold?

Everyone poops trace amounts of gold already.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Please for the love of god put Vermouth in your martinis. The classic martini ratio is 2:1 with a splash of bitters. I don't know why everyone skimps on the Vermouth. Also use gin if you don't like gin don't have a martini. Most people are just doing shots of vodka and giving it a fancy name at this point.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

deadly_pudding posted:

This is just an inferior poutine. Or possibly a Garbage Plate with too many tots

I got a garbage plate once. Nick Tahou's was the saddest restaurant I had ever been in. I pulled into an unlabeled back alley that my GPS led me to. I had to check with a drunk guy smoking by the dumpster if I was in the right place. He ended up being the cook.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Oreos are loving disgusting.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I didn't know what Dorothy Lynch dressing was so I googled it.the first link was a recall notice the third was a story about a bottle exploding and damaging a house

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Samizdata posted:

Third link and no link respectively. Sure you aren't googling a lot of how to murder people?

(Seen the dressing, but never tried it that I am aware of.)

http://www.wptv.com/news/national/wyoming-home-damaged-by-exploding-dorothy-lynch-salad-dressing-bottle

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I had a hot dog sandwich from a restaurant once. I don't remember exactly what I ordered but it came out as two hot dogs split down the middle between two slices of bread.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Data Graham posted:

"Chocolate flavored candy", jfc

Sixlets are actually candy coated carob.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

TotalLossBrain posted:

Wtf that's not candy at all.

It still tastes better than hershey's.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

There's no loving way that isn't just mold.

Is it supposed to be something other than a mouldy strawberry?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I had some home made peanut butter hummus that was just hummus with peanut butter instead of tahini. It tasted just like peanut butter except it was much fluffier. Sweet hummus can definitely work.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I saw a travel show that mentioned those hot dogs before. Basically there was some sort of arms race between street vendors and it led to everyone having a monstrosity like that.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

angerbeet posted:

I will say the one good thing about the gluten free Wheat Belly morons is they did make life easier for people with celiac sprue in some ways, because there's a hell of a lot more choice for them now, restaurants taking it seriously etc.

I am also glad I no longer work in a restaurant though because I know all too well the special hells of a "allergen containment" kitchen

I'm dating someone with Celiac disease and the fad diet is kind of a double edge sword. On the one hand there's a lot more options available, but on the other hand there's also a lot more people thinking my girlfriend is just trying to be difficult.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Olives are so overwhelmingly bitter that I can tell if my food touched an olive and then someone took that olive off.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

Would the majority of those tubemeats. The Chinese and Korean ones are gross as hell tho don't do those.

Hot dog bao is super good if you can get it hot and fresh.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've had plenty of spring rolls with noodles do I don't see why a pho roll would be bad.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I once ate at a place that served me a literal bucket of potato chips covered in nacho toppings and I was glad to eat it

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

after eating ramen at really good ramen shops, I feel even more shame eating 10c ramens at home

I didn't think this was possible, but here we are

My only experience with a ramen shop put an overpowering amount of bonito on everything including their vegetarian special

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

For ages you railed against loose corn.

But now the corn is imprisoned and still you are not happy.

Have you not seen canned peas before

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It looks like they made a bundt cake filled the center with custard and used cocoa powder to hide the seams.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I think they tried to fake a molten chocolate cake by dumping a bunch of chocolate custard in the middle of a bundt cake.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Your mom is Greek in the bedroom

I keep driving past a restaurant named "Greek in the Streets" and thinking it's half of some sort of freak in the sheets joke.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Honestly France adds a shitload of cream and/or butter to everything so I don't get why they act like they're above it all.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah the healthy substitute for bread should be not buying lovely white bread. Real bread is pretty good for you.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't get why people make a big deal about Moxie. It's just root beer.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Tiggum posted:

An egg and avocado sandwich sounds fine (I'd probably add some mustard though), but avocado and mayonnaise taste totally different and it makes absolutely no sense to use one as substitute for the other. In fact, I often eat sandwiches containing both avocado and mayonnaise together.

Avocado is just straight fat. It's pretty much the mayonnaise fruit. I don't know how you could eat mayo and avocado together. Either one is overwhelmingly fatty if not properly combined with other things.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

CommonShore posted:

probably some zero carb or gluten free bullshit.

My girlfriend has celiac disease and said that looks awful.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I got a bottle of 47 monkeys for my birthday and it makes the best gin and tonic. That stuff is so medicinal it probably cures cancer. Also I've said it before and I'll say it again: put vermouth in your martinis. If you want to drink straight gin that's fine just stop pretending it's a martini.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

If we're still on drinks the worst cocktail I ever had is definitely the bullshot. It's cold canned beef broth and vodka. It was apparently popular in the sixties because people considered it healthy for some reason. I ended up drinking one sip and throwing the rest away. It tasted almost as bad beer.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I won't touch american cheese in anything but a grilled cheese, but somehow a grilled cheese feels wrong with anything but american cheese.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I had a sesame seed milk tea with beans the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The Aldi near me has a kit for making gluten-free knock-off Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit. I made gluten free cheddar bay biscuit pigs in a blanket:

Only registered members can see post attachments!