Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I thought it was yet another alignment chart at first, myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

more like Chickensfeet on Rye

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

... Maybe. Definitely if it's made with sugar instead of HFCS.

It says right there on the label that there’s no HFCS. There’s fructose listed separately, though.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

This wacky sandwich has peanut butter, eggs, and dice. My shoes hurt.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Data Graham posted:

It's "chili" because of a language barrier / misinterpretation. Think of it that way and everything is cool.

Plus it's become a tradition that is spreading apparently. I was just puttering about Oklahoma City in Google Earth for unfathomable reasons and I discovered that there is a 2-location local chain called "Coney Island" that serves "authentic" Cincinnati-style chili / coney dogs.

Man, look, if you’re going to try to propagate some Ohio bullshit, Tony Packo’s out of Toledo comes before any Cincinnati chili dog, right?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

https://youtu.be/1G6wRcHUnkI

Henry’s down on his luck, go easy on him guys, he’s really trying you know

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I posted that on Thursday but it was at the bottom of the page, so

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Understandable, a lot of videos aren’t even embedded but just posted as links

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I thought this was supposed to be Jigsaw except that she got the eyes and cheeks all wrong. She could have saved face by just saying that.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Best part of Ohio is that no one touches anything remotely spicy, so spicy chicken flavor is always in stock.

I dunno, the “spicy” chicken yakisoba my wife got me a couple weeks ago for lunches has apparently disappeared without a trace ever since. I don’t know for sure, I can’t go anywhere because she’s terrified of what would happen if I got the ‘rona (I have pretty bad asthma).

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

ookiimarukochan posted:

Japanese doesn't (well people will say "burnt rice" but it's not a "thing" there, it has a word in the same way that English does) and I've never seen a rice cooker that would let you override the cooking logic to do so (I only really know about Iranian and Japanese rice / rice cookers sorry)

Here’s the reason for that with the most basic rice cookers:

https://youtu.be/RSTNhvDGbYI

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

How many bagel bites can you fit in that?

Like a whole box man, a whole box from Costco’s

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Look at these people, having all these leftovers during lockdown

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Is there video of this? I skimmed the article because I don’t have a whole lot of time atm but please tell me there’s video

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

In Ohio we have stickers that say "Home" but the "O" is shaped like Ohio, and I have the same reaction

I hate to say this, but after spending a year as a postdoc in rural downstate NY (a significant portion of NYC’s cost of living but with absolutely none of the culture), those stickers were welcoming to me coming back. I still loathe this backwoods shitscape but at least I was able to live comfortably on a postdoc’s wage here.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

RoeCocoa posted:

I once told my brother that chili is American curry, and he stopped speaking to me for the better part of a day.

I recall someone saying that in this thread, probably a year or so ago. I was just about to mention it myself. What the h*ck is wrong with your brother.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

angerbeet posted:

That just means more bugs and we all know it

Nestlé Crunch bars will have labels saying “now even more crunchtabulous” or what the gently caress ever

And after regulations are tightened again (haha) they won’t change a thing

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Everything, portion control notwithstanding, is fine here. That rictus grin, on the other hand, makes me think I’m wrong on every count.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

Why is milk in scare quotes? :ohdear:

Because it’s actually milt and they don’t want to admit it to themselves

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Where the christ was this published?!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

“Yes, honey”

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Would all of thsoe but the apple pie logs. I'm sure they're good, but I'm just not a fan of apple pie.

I’ll trade you my breakfast logs for your apple pie logs then because I’m the one person in this thread who does not like eggs.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I saw lumbar column + cigarette ashes before reading the caption

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Jesus posted:

I decided to make some steamed hams last night for some reason.

I put the aluminum foil on the grate because I was afraid the meat might fall apart and fall through.

The result was decent enough. Since I steamed the ham I didn't want to toast the bun either which was detrimental to the quality of the burger. I probably won't do it again but I might steam some other things.

Where are the grill marks. Steamed hams have grill marks for some reason, at least in Albany

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The Bloop posted:

I'm checking out the goon expat offsite breadnroses - seems at least more like the format we're used to and prefer. It's free for the moment so I suggest making accounts and if the lights go out here (or lowtax wont sell) trying to recreate this thread over there

I just joined and I don’t see any links to threads? Maybe I’m doing something wrong, idk, but I’m also doing a ton of multitasking rn so I’m probably missing some stuff. I did see a donation thing for :tenbux: and I’m wondering if that has anything to do with it, but I’ll check later

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you donate and then they gotta approve manually

they're a lil bit swamped rn

TheAardvark posted:

no need to donate, they're approving everyone right now

d3lness posted:

It'll take a while. They're getting slammed with the goon exodus.

I was planning to donate anyway, but yeah, this makes sense.

I still hope these forums survive. The community is what makes them and Lowtax himself is irrelevant.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

cookie dough dug out of ice cream, then baked into a cookie

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

if you're a professional drunk you will not rest until you have sampled every single one of these heavenly elixirs.

I can’t help but think that these all taste like high octane Fruitopia.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Since it’s Best Foods west of the Mississippi, the slogan is Bring Out the Hell.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

TheAardvark posted:

God yes. They have hard bits of either bone or plastic in them. I have eaten a lot of poverty food in my life, dollar store hot dogs are the absolute worst.

The Hotdog Nadir for me is Bar S, but I’ve never had dollar store dogs before. How much worse are they than Bar S?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Welp, 2019 meets 2020

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

There’s an episode of The Dollop podcast about the history of meat pie, it’s p bonkers

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Randaconda posted:

lol if you just don't eat onions like apples

just lol

Mr Abbott you haven’t been the PM for five years now please leave

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

sneakyfrog posted:

pizza... rules?

Hell yeah pizza rules
Rules fuckin hard dogg

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I kinda feel more like Superman would be playing golf against Lois and forcing her to become a gorilla forever as a consequence of her loss, idk, as proof that women don’t belong on the golf course? Because Superman is a dick.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Neurophonic posted:

Those are scrub tier.

You know you’ve reached the north when you can get a real Wigan butty.

I first read that as “a real Wiger butty” and now I just want to hear the Doughboys’ takes on British food. Dunno who’d they get to guest tho

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Samovar posted:

Beta marceptoethanol had that effect on me for gammon or other thick slices of ham.

Christ, BME would have that effect on anyone for anything. I’d just skip lunch any time I’d have to use that stuff.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Bees on Wheat posted:

So this just came across my twitter feed.. :barf:

If it’s gonna be that kinda party ima take poo poo in the mashed potatoes

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Bamabalacha posted:

We found a church cookbook from 1982 small town Ontario last night while cleaning out some boxes in the spare bedroom, I need to blur out names and post.

It's somehow even worse than midwestern food.

This is something you rub the maker’s face in to train them against ever doing it again

Upon repeat offense, it’s off to the pound with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

loving hell.

Me when when eat I'm happy: cheese:

Me when I'm happy from a grilled.

Me when Me I'm when happy from eating I'm happy: a grilled cheese:

Me Me I’m a Tube Man